Cheap or Free Games

Arthmoor

On 19/5/2017 at 11:22 PM, Nico coiN said:

I'm offering a redeem code for Mount & Blade on GOG. First login to your account at GOG.com, then use the following link to get the game :

https://www.gog.com/redeem/57BFC-6FAE3-5FA17-9B9D2

Enjoy !

You should also point out that it's still free for everyone for the next 38 hours. :P

GOG have also made Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves free permanently. I think it's free on Steam too.

Edit:

I have some codes for some games on GOG if anyone's interested:

Neverwinter Nights Diamond  -  Claimed
Saints Row 2  -  CC7FE-297F1-E8D33-8DA31
System Shock 2  -  Claimed
Eador: Genesis  -  113B4-748FC-B716B-92BF1

Mount & Blade - 8A522-12C38-3182B-B8938

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is currently free if you download their new Gwent game (which is free) from gog and sign up for their newsletter.

Oblivion, Fallout 3 and NV (GotY each) are now on GoG, and with a 50% discount.

This is especially good news for Fallout 3 i guess since it removes the hazzle of dealing with the Games for Windows Live DRM. (edit: yep GoG developer confirmed it in the forum. Multicore tweaks to run out of the box after installation are also added.) Also i think it means all Bethesda games not available in the Bethesda launcher are now on GoG. Here's to hoping they get added to GoG Connect soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gruftlord said:

This is especially good news for Fallout 3 i guess since it removes the hazzle of dealing with the Games for Windows Live DRM. (edit: yep GoG developer confirmed it in the forum. Multicore tweaks to run out of the box after installation are also added.) Also i think it means all Bethesda games not available in the Bethesda launcher are now on GoG. Here's to hoping they get added to GoG Connect soon.

I can't believe it =O. I had given up hope of this happening. Great news indeed.

6 hours ago, Gruftlord said:

Wow. So those API leaks from 2 years ago were indeed true. That leaves the door open a bit for hope that Skyrim LE and SSE will eventually show up there too. Either way, snagged me some FO3 and Oblivion while the sale is on.

A dude on the old BGS forum posted a link to it ages ago, never could find the post again. I suspect the moderators eventually found and deleted it. Anyway, it was a leak to a list of things someone found by poking through GoG's apis and Morrowind, Battlespire, Reguard, Oblivion, FO3, FNV, and Skyrim were all in there. The first 3 games were out within weeks of the post. The next 3 obviously only showed up just now. So who knows if Skyrim will show up there. If it does, I strongly suspect it would only be for Classic and not SSE, but who knows. 2 years ago nobody knew there even was an SSE and it wouldn't have been in GoG's api either.

interesting info, though who knows, what gog does at the backend regularly. might not have meant much.

i mean if it meant something, it begs the question: why the long wait? could it be the new GoG Galaxy functions?

Also, there was no beth.net launcher two years ago, so yeah, things have changed...

I wouldn't hold my breath for further games from beth, though a few ID games are still missing (e.g. doom 3).

Yes, but if they put one Steam title on GoG, there's no longer anything preventing them from putting other Steam titles on GoG.

As far as their own launcher, they would likely restrict that to SSE, FO4, and any future titles. Depends on whether or not they intend to leverage the Bethesda store as an online storefront for buying games.

4 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Yes, but if they put one Steam title on GoG, there's no longer anything preventing them from putting other Steam titles on Gog.

Unless I have mud in eyes Oldrim is not available anymore on Steam for fresh customers that never bought it.

Its still there, I think they have just purged it from their own search results to promote the new Skyrim SE

I found it by going to the steam SKSE page and clicking a link to oldrim (in the box "Community-made mod")

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim/

Good news about FO3 and Oblivion on GOG, grabbing them in case I ever want a blast of nostalgia (and especially not having any Games for Windows Live crap embedded in FO3 .. Love GOG, not too keen on their Galaxy thing though, I dont think I will ever use it)

Anyone know what is recommended as basic fixes these days for FO3 (for example the Unofficial patch by Quazzy original or the new one at the top of the Top mods list on nexus?)

I would suggest the new one, Alt. They go a bit beyond their scope, but nothing extreme. And it is the most updated, with the largest amount of fixes.

Yep I was close to making the same decision, I remembered the new one being mentioned somewhere as probably going a bit out of mission scope ( ie not purely bug fixes ), but probably is more valuable for the amount of extra fixes it does above and beyond the old. A few out of scope fixes dont really bother me anyway, mod authors technically capable of fixing these games usually have good judgement calls, except ...

... Fingers crossed its never been touched with snip or had any snip related problems, I recall Fallout 3 modding being rife with bad practices, so I will not be modding it to any great extent, just enough to make it a generally bug free experience, and maybe a few texture replacers for personal preference.

Wasn't there a different unofficial official patch, made by one of the games original dev team .. Or was that for New Vegas ? (NV never really grabbed me, I had it installed once but it never felt as fun as the original FO3 did, it also lost a bit of the dark humour and atmos - FO4 has regained quite a bit of all that since then)

@alt3rn1ty

...so I will not be modding it to any great extent, just enough to make it a generally bug free experience, and maybe a few texture replacers for personal preference...

This may be useful.

It's not a true unofficial patch if you don't find voices on the internet claiming it is out of scope!

LOL, yes, we know all about that :P

I suppose it all depends on just what they did though because sometimes "out of scope" is just a side effect of fixing a legitimate bug and removing it to please those people would just be stupid.

Oh, and of note, hlp said that the 3 games all have LAA flags set on the game executables already. GoG is on top of their shit it seems.

5 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Yep I was close to making the same decision, I remembered the new one being mentioned somewhere as probably going a bit out of mission scope ( ie not purely bug fixes ), but probably is more valuable for the amount of extra fixes it does above and beyond the old. A few out of scope fixes dont really bother me anyway, mod authors technically capable of fixing these games usually have good judgement calls, except ...

... Fingers crossed its never been touched with snip or had any snip related problems, I recall Fallout 3 modding being rife with bad practices, so I will not be modding it to any great extent, just enough to make it a generally bug free experience, and maybe a few texture replacers for personal preference.

Wasn't there a different unofficial official patch, made by one of the games original dev team .. Or was that for New Vegas ? (NV never really grabbed me, I had it installed once but it never felt as fun as the original FO3 did, it also lost a bit of the dark humour and atmos - FO4 has regained quite a bit of all that since then)

I only know of the two major bugfix compilations for Fallout 3 that you mentioned. The newer one contains all of Quazzy's fixes, IIRC. A good guide to get some ideas for utilities, fixes, textures, etc. for your FO3 install: Kelmych's Clear and Present Danger guide.

For New Vegas, the best unofficial patch is YUP - Yukichigai's Unofficial Patch. There is also Mission Mojave, but it has a few issues and not nearly as many bug fixes. There are other good fix mods such as Unofficial Patch Plus, which is a compilation of fixes not included in YUP mostly because they require NVSE. What you may be thinking of with regard to a mod made by one of the game's original dev team is JSawyer, but it is more of a gameplay mod to make the game more challenging. There is a newer mod inspired by the original (and not made by Josh Sawyer), JSawyer Ultimate Edition.

Edit: The out of scope stuff for the Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch I mentioned is really not very serious, and they address it in a straightforward manner on the main Nexus page of the mod. I am personally happier with those slightly out-of-scope fixes in, but I know even a hint of out of scope patching can bother some people. As I have seen many times before hanging around these forums (even if the complaint is unwarranted). :-P

Aha JSawyer is the one I was thinking of, and not relevant to FO3.

I wont be installing NV again, for my preference theres something not right about the whole thing, a quality or two which it lost from FO3. I had NV installed for a while because I was missing FO3 (and could not get the old GFWL disc version I have of FO3 to work).

@Arthmoor - Good to know about the LAA being enabled for the new GOG games.

@InsanePlumber - Some of your guide may need a few notes reference the GOG FO3 (LAA + GFWL not applicable / FOSE for this version)

@zilav - FO3Edit 3.2 on Nexus, downloads as FO4Edit (but contains the correctly named xEdit and correct dat file)

3 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

@zilav - FO3Edit 3.2 on Nexus, downloads as FO4Edit (but contains the correctly named xEdit and correct dat file)

Nexus' shenanigans. I wrongly uploaded FO4Edit archive and then replaced with correct FO3Edit one, but looks like Nexus permanently remembers the first upload name only.