Invisible wall bug in "I Put a Spell on You"

tbarrie

Hi all,

Does anybody on this board know anything about the invisible wall bug that sometimes affects the quest "I Put a Spell on You"?

If you don't know what I'm talking about - I'm trying to blow up the monorail for the Legion, but when I take the explosives to the train, I can't board, which means I can't access the vent where I'm supposed to plant them. There's an invisible wall blocking access to the train, and I'm greeted with the text "A) Take Monorail to the Strip" when I try to enter. (Pressing A does in fact take me to the strip, but that doesn't help.)

Googling the issue tells me the same problem has been known to afflict goodie-goodies who want to stop the train from blowing up, but nothing about what causes it or whether there's a workaround.

So... does anybody know anything useful? Is this something that happens randomly, in which case restarting my console and reloading the same save might eventually help? (Seems unlikely.) Or if it's tied to the game state, what do I have to do to complete the quest? I'm playing on Xbox, so I can't fix it with console commands.

Thanks in advance for any help.