Apple's iPhones are not safe

Leonardo

Thats old news from the beginning of September ish or just before, Steve Gibsons Security Now podcast mentioned it 3 episodes ago.

If everyone is allowing updates to proceed it has already been fixed, if you have udate 12.4.1 you are safe (or rather .. as safe as a mobile phone can be)

I never use mine on the internet, or install any apps, I let it use my internal wifi router to grab updates, and thats the only sniff of the internet it gets :)

Edit : Bit of info' : Most mobile phones are not very secure at all, they have two Operating systems, the first which is not very secure boots the phone (and also establishes connections to the mobile network), which in turn launches the Operating system you see (IOS / Android or whatever) - If you are anyone of importance with potential spys' in your vicinity, best way to secure it is take the battery out. Apple phones remain one of the most secure mobiles for consumers, Blackberry are supposed to be really good as an alternative (I think my next one will be a newer Blackberry in a year or two, my IPhone 6 is getting a bit long in the tooth (probably getting close to end of life for Apple update support), and I really dont like the newer huge screen things you can barely fit in a pocket).

10 hours ago, Malonn said:

A lot of phones nowadays do not allow you to take the battery out. 

You know, in Sweden that has been on the news this week, in fact Apple are not the only company that does that and in Sweden there are other companies who does the same thing as Apple did with the iPhones.

9 hours ago, Malonn said:

I guess you could take it to your local cell store?

You mean, Apple's local phone store as they have *monoply* on the retail business.

On 9/20/2019 at 1:12 AM, Leonardo said:

You mean, Apple's local phone store as they have *monoply* on the retail business.

They do?

Not here, and not in Svea Rike, either.