UFO4P breaks Nuka-World

varuna

Starting a new game with UFO4P breaks Nuka-World NPC's, dialog and quests.

First noticable example is being unable to talk to NIRA or any market traders except for Mackenzie.

How to reproduce this bug: Using only UFO4P and F4SE installed, start a new game, choose between Nate/Nora and just player.moveto NIRA. She won't have any dialog interactions with the player.

Without UFO4P and starting a new game, everything works fine. Test this with player.moveto NIRA. NIRA will greet the player correctly.

NO OTHER MODS WERE USED. ONLY UFO4P AND F4SE.

The only way around this issue is starting a new game without UFO4P. If you install UFO4P AFTER you start a new game and save, everything should work properly. Again, this bug occurs if you start a new game WITH UFO4P installed.

Before you say something like player.moveto causes w/e un-intended effects, I also progressed to Nuka-World by normal means and had the same problem (which is how I ran into the problem in the first place).

All topic related to this bug:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/1640919103681923403

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/1640919103689873083/

https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=27239

Was reported, but someone said it wasn't an issue... even though there are literally dozens of players having the same exact issue. Mackenzie being the only interactable NPC, NIRA has no dialog, blah blah.

We are aware of this and it has been fixed pending our next update. Waiting on Bethesda to do their CC update before we go forward with that.

Hey, will the next update be able to fix saves which have the problem already ? (vendors etc will start to talk again)

I also have a save just before going to nuka.

Oh and...

- Any way to quick fix it with console commands ? :lol:

Hey, will the next update be able to fix saves which have the problem already ?

Yes.

Any way to quick fix it with console commands ?

No.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately it seems that the new patch doesn't fix the issue with talking to traders in Nuka-World on existing saves. I have an existing save, started the new mod, and still have the issue. Anyone else having this issue?

Unless something is blocking it from being addressed there's no reason to expect the fix won't work. We have in fact tested it under the expected conditions and found that the quest will start up just fine with the retro scripts we included for that purpose.

If it doesn't for you, we need your save to check it with.

10 hours ago, Somites said:

Unfortunately it seems that the new patch doesn't fix the issue with talking to traders in Nuka-World on existing saves. I have an existing save, started the new mod, and still have the issue. Anyone else having this issue?

Oh, i just tried with my UFO4P-only save made in 2.0.8*, did gauntlet manually, it's all ok now...

*: