Ivey and Ahab respawn

Quickzombie

Hi

I like to do runs of the rust devils base every reset to farm good scrap etc. I don't know if it is a coincidence but after updating to the latest unofficial patch, via the bethesda mod menu option, both Ivey and Ahab are now respawned on the latest run I did.

I think I am in double figures for clearing out this dungeon and usually Ahab isn't there and Ivey is dead in her usual area.

They both have fresh copies of the legendary items they originally carried so I now have 2 ahabs helms and a set of tesla armor/tesla cannon.

I wanted to check if anyone else has had this and if I carry on as normal will the game be ok with 2 sets of these existing? I'm thinking more towards making my save unstable etc.

Thanks

It's not just you. This may be another vanilla game bug that only became noticeable as a result of us fixing an unrelated problem in the most recent update. As far as I know your game won't become unstable as a result of having duplicate sets of those items, but it certainly wasn't something that was supposed to be possible. I suppose it can't hurt to go back to a save prior to looting the additional sets (and maybe re-entering the dungeon) just be on the safe side until we can correct the problem, which likely won't be until the next regular update cycle. The issue is now logged in the tracker since I've been able to confirm it (https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=27203).

Most people probably never revisit that location after doing the corresponding Automatron DLC "main" quest there, but I did a while back which was what led me to report the original problem with the quest not stopping even after dealing with the Mechanist.

Thanks for the reply and logging the issue. I'll just avoid the place until a fix is in place as I've had a duplicate one of a kind weapon cause issues before which is what prompted me to ask.

Thanks again!!

• 2 months later...

just to confirm I have cleared this out around 5 times before the latest update, updated to the latest in bethesda mods menuĀ and 9 times after, Ivey has re spawned every time

Yes, Ivy and the other boss NPCs do respawn indefinitely. We didn't change anything in the most recent update (2.0.9). It may be some time before we're able to solve the issue due to the complexity of the quest system in the game.