Unofficial Patch Conflicting Issues

snekeyez

I've been trying to make a new character on the PS4 version of Fallout 4, and I've found the UFO4 patch is conflicting with 'a lot' of a certain kind of mod.

The problem in question is with mods that:

A) Increase base building limit, or remove the limit entirely

B) Change damage values or significantly revamp combat

The problem, is that it's become seemingly impossible to do the main questline in entirety. When out of the vault, Codsworth becomes stuck in his spawn location and never moves when you get to the part of asking togo search the neighborhood. 

Additionally, if I go to Concord, Preston will fight from the balcony, but say nothing when I get close, and after fighting to him and entering the room their in, all the NPC's are entirely uninteractable except Preston, and even if you talk to him, when the conversation is supposed to flip to Sturges it just exits the conversation. 

I'm almost 100% sure its the UFO4 patch causing it, as it's the only consistent one I had through six or seven seperate attempts (every one of which used the default "new game" menu option.

I would post a bug tracker ticket, but  the signup page is not giving a space to answer the math question on my phone, so this will have to do.

Really hoping you manage to get it playing nice with other mods again, I can't take this game seriously without modding the settlement limit out and adding a convenient way to get building mats for my base, but I'd really like to keep the patch because unlike Bethesda you guys actually fix the stupid bugs.

It plays with other mods just fine as long as you follow basic load order and make sure UFO4P is the very first thing in your list, without exception. Everything else will overwrite it where needed. You may need to do some digging around for a proper load order in general. Tarsh Gaming has a good one to follow to make sure the game is setup nicely. It's primarily geared toward XB1 users but should be good for PS4 too.

You seem to be (from my perspective) incorrect.

UFO4P is, and always has been locked at the top of my load order, and even if I try to, it wont let me move it lower in the mods, and when combined with the mentioned mods, it lead to the mentioned issues where NPC's became bugged. It automatically gets resorted to the top even if I select another mod and move it to the highest position, idk why, I'd always assumed it'd been given some unique parameters to ensure it ends up where it needs to be. Furthermore, I'd tested it several times with only 2 mods, so I think you'll agree it was functionally impossible for me to fuck up the load order.

I tested several different mod combinations, UFO4P was in my digging, the most probable cause. The Patch works fine without anything else, but seemingly any mod I try to add in addition causes the bugs. And I even went as far as to find other, similar mods and combine them with UFO4P, to no success. 

Now, I don't know anything about the technical side of modding so this is pure conjecture, but Bethesda has posted in the game main menu that they did a backend update that specifically impacts console users, could this update have introduced the issue? Idk, just a thought.

Well then to put it bluntly, those other mods are your problem. Not the patch. Were it to actually BE the problem there'd be howling masses of complaints from all corners about it, and no such thing has happened.

As far as that backend update, who knows. I have no idea how the console side of updates works but if you didn't let it update and you're having issues that could be why. It's also entirely possible it did something specific that breaks the PS4 compatibility with it. If that somehow ends up being the case our only recourse will be to remove it from distribution since nobody on the team has a PS4 to experiment with.