[RELz] Oakwood

Arthmoor

oakwood-logo.jpg

A new village reviving an old town from TES:Arena.

Falkreath Hold has always seemed like a reasonably large place, but having only the Hearthfire home, a house taken over by bandits, and the burned out remains of Helgen hardly does it justice. Oakwood fleshes this out somewhat by placing a fishing and mining village on the shores of Lake Illinalta, just west of Lakeview Manor. This town once existed in TES:Arena but has not been mentioned since so there's nothing saying it wouldn't still be here. When combined with building the Hearthfire home at Lakeview Manor, it feels more like a larger town with a manor house at the head.

Features included

• Custom inn layout using a standard corner farmhouse.
  • NPCs with complete schedules.
  • Military control changes based on who controls Falkreath Hold.
  • Guards inherit inventory from the Falkreath templates so any mods affecting those should also propagate to Oakwood's guards too.
  • All houses are radiant quest enabled, so you may get Companions missions and anything else that's properly configured to use NPC homes for quests.
  • The two mine foremen (the ones you can sell ore to) can be married once their favor is increased and you can move into their homes with them.
  • LOD has been generated for the area.

Download Locations

AFK Mods
ModDB
Bethesda.net - PC + XB1

Installation Requirements

Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.1130 or greater.
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch 4.3.0 or greater.

DO NOT extract the contents of the BSA file into your Data folder as loose files, or let your mod manager perform an equivalent function on the contents of the file. Doing so will cause things to load in the wrong order and break the game. Skyrim is intended to load a BSA alongside it's ESM/ESP file. Circumventing this causes issues which I will not provide support for. If you insist on going against this advice, you will receive no support for the problems you generate as a result of this.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There are some wolf spawns in the vanilla game that will show up on the south end of the village in the cave where the gold mines are now. They may have spawned several of them in. Please be sure you've killed them before installing this mod so that they won't end up mauling the locals.

If the quest "Kyne's Sacred Trials" is currently active, please finish it before you install this mod as the location for it has been moved to the other side of Lakeview Manor and will only update if the quest is not active.

Installation - Wrye Bash BAIN

Drop the archive into your Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers folder, then install as usual.
Make sure the mod is active in the Wrye Bash mods tab.

Installation - Manual

Drop the Oakwood.esp, Oakwood.bsa, and Oakwood - Textures.bsa files into your Data folder.
Activate the mod using whatever management tool suits you.

Uninstalling

Due to the nature of Skyrim mods, especially those adding scripts, it is strongly discouraged to attempt uninstalling a mod from your active game. Any mod that is more than pure mesh or texture replacements has the possibility to leave behind permanent changes to your save that you may not want. This is not something modders can correct for. It is how the game was designed by Bethesda. No support will be provided for anyone who uninstalls this mod from an active game and continues on with that save.

To remove the mod: Delete the Oakwood.esp, Oakwood.bsa, and Oakwood - Textures.bsa files from your Data folder. Then reload your game as usual.

Load Order

LOOT should be used for optimal placement.

Compatibility

Fully compatible with the Hearthfire home at Lakeview Manor.

Fully compatible with Manor Roads.

Storefront support is supplied by way of a vendor stand which will activate if you have Storefront installed and move your family into Lakeview Manor.

Fully compatible with Aurora Village.

Fully compatible with Moon and Star.

Fully compatible with Tel Nalta.

Fully compatible with Mirele Bismath.

NOT COMPATIBLE with Lakeview Extended. That mod has extensive navmesh issues that cannot be resolved via patching or other means.

Likely not compatible with other mods that alter the area surrounding Lakeview Manor.

(So is the south shore crowded enough for you yet?)

Disclaimer

This mod is not made, guaranteed, or supported by Microsoft, Zenimax, Bethesda Game Studios, or any of their affiliates.

• Thanks 1

Version 1.0.1

Fixed a minor landscaping issue next to Cressius' house.
The key to the Aurrevelus Residence had the wrong name on it.
Cleaned up the landscape and navmeshing in the spot where Kyne's quest got relocated to.

Version 1.0.2

Fixed a very minor gap under a rock behind the Aurrevelus Residence.
The innkeeper did not have the proper faction for being able to rent the guest room out.
The modified mannequin script for Cressius' armor display was missing from the archive.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.0.3

Location data for Rorilmir's shop was pointing to the data for Riverwood when it should not have been.
Grounded the floating table outside of the inn.
Grounded a floating nightshade next to the Dibella statue.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Version 1.0.5

The previous update apparently reintroduced some landscape conflicts with Lakeview Manor and Manor Roads. These errors have been removed.

• 3 weeks later...

I have, but I'd rather do that after I've done up the other things I have planned for SE. I'd rather not have to keep a merged mod in sync with future releases. I only did it for LE because I'm no longer releasing stuff for LE.

I thought so and I understand your decision.

I guess things you wanted to do includes bug fixes and other things like sync the mods with USSEP every time USSEP gets updated.  Correct?

Anyway, I bet people wants to use every town/village mods you have created in one esp rather than using several esp.

• 2 months later...

Version 1.0.6

Some ownership issues in the Aurrevelus Residence have been corrected.

• 2 months later...

I must say, I am amazed how well this mod works with other mods like my Skyrim Map Markers mod.  Just look at this picture I took earlier today.

large.20200912193837_1.jpg.c6a0a80d3da25

As you can see a miner from the Oakwood village joined the fray with his pickaxe and the reason for that is the vanilla respawn point that exist close to the Lakeview Manor.

Btw... this was the second respawn and the first one was a giant, so placing a village that close to another location with a respawn point is to set up a minor war zone. :P

Although, I wonder if you actually had my mod installed when creating the mod, but if you hadn't my mod installed then I can inform you that there is no issues between the Granite Hill and the Oakwood village mods.

Nope, I don't have your mod installed but it's always nice to know when things work together anyway. I try to allow for as much compatibility as possible with everything I make so it's nice to know of instances where that actually works out.

Yep, it's a bit of a danger having a village stuffed in there so close to potential danger spawns, but that's life in Skyrim :P

I can also tell you that the Whistling Mine mod blend in well with the map markers I added there to the east, not to mention other village mods of yours.

I concur.  Life in Skyrim is harsh and sometimes cruel.

I'm rather behind on trying out Arthmoor's villages. The last Oakwood I'd tried was ThirteenOranges. I'd long ago (gosh it has been 7 years already) included a planned Touring Carriages stop (assigned keyword Tour27Oakwood), but had taken it out in more recent versions. Where would be a good place for a stop?

Have a look at this: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1704/images/27564/27564-1563840862-1326016296.jpeg

I would say the best spot for a stop would be on the strip of coast to the right of the boat house, across from the graveyard you can barely make out. As long as it doesn't require any additional navmesh work, since that area is a hot mess for navmesh due to there being a deleted vanilla one in the area.

You may be tempted to use that convenient bare spot across from the inn, but that's the spot I smoothed out for use by my Storefront mod and you'd clash with the shop stall there :P

53 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

I know the Tel Nalta mod must be patched when using my mod for SLE since that mod have moved an object I placed a map marker for.  Although, not entirely sure if that also applies for SSE.

But as for the other mods of yours I haven't notice any issues when using my map markers mod and your mods.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:04 PM, Arthmoor said:

I would say the best spot for a stop would be on the strip of coast to the right of the boat house, across from the graveyard you can barely make out. As long as it doesn't require any additional navmesh work, since that area is a hot mess for navmesh due to there being a deleted vanilla one in the area.

You may be tempted to use that convenient bare spot across from the inn, but that's the spot I smoothed out for use by my Storefront mod and you'd clash with the shop stall there :P

There are stops in both directions.

That coastal spot won't quite work, as there's a possible dragon corpse. I've learned from hard experience not to put a carriage too near a dragon landing. But I've placed one in front of the dragon, out of the way of the patrol markers. There's a vanilla rock pile under a tree that I've shifted out of the way closer to the boat house. No need to change navmesh. Conveniently, your fast travel marker is not far behind the carriage stop.

There's a horse stable near the inn. Just past it, there's a vanilla rock pile under a ledge that I've shifted farther away. Again, no need to change navmesh.

So far so good. But either I'll need to create a duplicate MapMarker, or we need to share an Update injected one.

I've been using 01008xxx and 01009xxx for injected location and mapmarkers respectively. This will be 0100901B. Or we can come up with some master agreement in a higher range?

After my initial excitement, I've played a bit with this Oakwood installed. It's not where Thirteen Oranges had his. I'll have to look at his again to be sure about location (it has been a very long time). And although clearly well developed, it seems to me that the location is a bit off.

Arena Oakwood should be further east, on the Riverwood to Neugrad road, presumably somewhere between Helgen and the junction, or even at the junction. I'm guessing it is here because you are avoiding conflicts in the map you linked above? At least folks are coordinating! :)

I stuck it here because it's basically the only free location available and I wanted it to be near Lakeview Manor so that you can sort of RP as being the lord of the whole town rather than just some isolated manor.

You should load up 13 Orange's version some time btw. My Oakwood is more or less right where his would be because I didn't need to move my Storefront plot very far to maintain compatibility with my take on things.

Even if those other mods had not been in the area putting the town further east wasn't feasible because of the terrain and the proximity to Helgen. Plus those old TES Arena maps would call for an awful lot of stuff to be placed where it simply won't fit now. As far as coordination between authors, I got lucky. I built the town without realizing how much other stuff was in the immediate area. That it all worked out in the end was blind luck.

I've made a light version, with only TC as a master. The CK wouldn't do it, mucked it up completely, so I've used SSEEdit. Do I need to rename the suffix to .esl as well, or is setting the bit good enough?

Just set the bit. The extension change isn't necessary at all unless you really want it to be treated as a master file.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.0.7

Rorilmir's investment dialogue is not checking the proper gold amount. This is a fix being applied which is detailed in USSEP Bug #29335.

• 3 months later...

Version 1.0.8

Added Fishing DLC activators to the ends of the dock.
Added fishing supplies to Rorilmir's inventory.
0005db4a - Fixed a rock with an exposed underside.

• 1 month later...