AMD GPU settings issue

Joat_Mon

I mention this because iirc Arthmoor is using the same GPU I use (RX480) and also because it might help others using older AMD GPU’s.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.1

AMD Radeon Anti-Lag

New feature available in Radeon Settings that can be enabled for DirectX®9 and DirectX®11 games that improves input-to-display response time with up to 31% reduction in lag.

This feature throws an error in Windows Event Viewer that is often associated with heap corruption when enabled on my system.

Hmm. Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on that. I haven't updated mine in awhile, still on 19.3.3.

My GPU is also the RX 480 and I often get an error message on startup (with Windows 10) that says "Default Radeon Wattman settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure." That didn't used to happen, but started about a month or so ago. There haven't been any "system failures" that I'm aware of, so no clue what that even means. I'm using 19.7.1 right now, but this issue started happening before installing that update. This error might not have anything to do with what Joat_Mon is talking about, but I don't really understand a lot of this stuff.

I've only ever seen that Wattman error after a system crash while playing a game. If you're getting this without any such issues happening then I'm not sure what to make of that.