Meeko's Shack Area FPS Issue

FlyinPhoenix

I don't know if I am in the right section, however, I have noticed that the area surrounding Meeko's shack, just outside solitude near the swamp land, has been considerably tricky to receive a stable fps count. In a vanilla game of Skyrim cities such as Riften and Markarth I get considerably high fps, 100 and 110 respectively, outside Meeko's shack however I have 70 fps. The real issue is when one comes to mod the game, outside Meeko's shack I only recieve around 47-50fps, elsewhere it is steadily above 60. 

• 1 month later...

You're lucky to have such high framerate, you must have a pretty good rig. That area has always been problematic to me as well - only my setup drops me quite often to sub-30 fps there. Don't know why, but it's likely that flora mods in that part have a big impact (FYI, I use mostly SFO with some EVT for dead and snowy pines, but have tried many combinations over the years and that area always was a problem. Regardless of grass mods, too.

BTW if you use Immersive Patrols, that's one area where you have scripted battles between a large number of stormcloaks and imperials. Pretty taxing on my rig, eventually I uninstalled IP after many years of use.

Thanks for the reply. Does sfo take much of your performance with your specs? And yeh ive tried to avoid too many npc mods for that specific reason. Its weird how hard such a small place can tax your pc.

It depends on whats being rendered there are a lot of trees in that area and if your shadow settings are high all those shadows being drawn for all the trees is taxing in itself add in a tree mod like SBT with the extra height and hence longer/larger shadows and it really plummets for me unless I dial down some settings