OBGE Vram Leak

BoredErica

I am stuck between using OBGE and OR. One of my favorite mods is Ambient Dungeons. It figures out the type of interior cell the player is in and applies a preset value for saturation/contrast/brightness. There is no OR variant of this which works today AFAIK. I can apply saturation/contrast/etc in OR manually but have no way of applying presets or scripting it so presets are applied based on cell type.

That leads to my problem with OBGE. Running vanilla game with OBSE and OBGE, vram goes up with cell changes and never go down. (This is without using any mods relying on OBGE.) I can go in and out of a dungeon and watch my vram usage creep up until it maxes out and my game crashes. As soon as I disable OBGE the problem disappears. I seem to be the only person with this problem. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks.

edit:

I've also tried using default ini settings to no avail. Win 10 64bit.

No issues like that with OBGE_v31rc4 here. Might be an incorrect ini setting or a misconfiguration of another memory mod. Might be a good idea to post the mod list and OBGE.ini in spoiler tags. :)

Edit: Consider using OR after reading 1Mac's OR for Dummies (no offense intended) -it's still being maintained which is a good thing.

OR has all of the worthwhile features of the OBGE package (third-party mods excluded), so I wholeheartedly agree with @lmstearn--switch to OR.  OR supports cell-based post-processing effects, as well as script-based manipulation.  Plus, a recent update added full outdoor (sun only) shadows rendered the "correct" way, i.e. not hooking the vanilla system like shadeMe.  This negates a performance impact.

*OR fanboy out*

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 7:38 PM, Malonn said:

OR has all of the worthwhile features of the OBGE package (third-party mods excluded), so I wholeheartedly agree with @lmstearn--switch to OR.  OR supports cell-based post-processing effects, as well as script-based manipulation.  Plus, a recent update added full outdoor (sun only) shadows rendered the "correct" way, i.e. not hooking the vanilla system like shadeMe.  This negates a performance impact.

*OR fanboy out*

Wait.... he fixed shadows....

Yeah - switch to OR.

Edit: Or maybe not, version 7.0 breaks Enhanced Camera, causes NPCs and the Player to become transparent, and causes CTD on transition from interior to exterior cell-load.