Fast travel landing Marker, Red Rocket

The Black Swan

I had a weird occurrence and am curious if it is unique. 

I placed a Fast Travel Landing Marker at the Red Rocket Truck Stop right next to the cooking spit, between the spit and the building.  Later, I decided I didn't like it there and scrapped the Fast Travel Landing Marker, my expectation being that I would return to the original landing spot. 

However, I continued to land at the spot in spite of the fact that there was no more Fast Travel Landing Marker.  Only after I placed another Fast Travel Landing Marker did I stop landing in wrong place and land at the new Fast Travel Landing Marker.

Is this a known issue, a one off, or a unique problem?

• 1 year later...

This had to be expected.

Fast travel markers are pre-placed objects (i.e. placed references that are defined in a master file or a plugin) and therefore cannot be deleted. Only objects created at run time can [NB: to my knowledge, the only exception are pre-placed live actors if they are no longer persistent].. If you "delete" an object (either in workshop mode, by a script or by console commands), it only gets disabled and tagged as "marked for deletion". The game will then delete it when it is safe to do so. For pre-placed objects, this is never the case; for all others, this is the case if the object is no longer persistent (i.e. if there is no script running on it, if it is no longer in a quest alias or referenced by a script property, and if it is no longer linked to another reference). Enable states have no impact on the functionality of fast travel markers; they'll always work, whether enabled or not.

If you place a "new" marker in workshop mode, the game actually moves the existing marker to the new spot (and bakes the new position in your save).

Edited by Sclerocephalus
clarification

Thank you Sclerocephalus, and my apologies.  I should have updated this around the holidays last year, but I had forgotten I posted this question.  I figured it out when I was working on a mod for SSE which added a landing marker and had the insight to answer my own question.  Serendipity strikes again.