Run GenerateFNISforUsers 'within' Wrye Bash

pendraggon

(I posted this, but in the wrong thread I'm fairly sure)

Skyrim SE

System: Win 7

Wrye Bash version: Wrye Bash 307.201903311313 - Standalone Executable

User: Noob to Wrye Bask (a Whole 4 Days experience)

I am going to be using Wrye Bash as my mod organizer. I've never run Skyrim SE (or any game) since I started using Wrye Bash as my mod organizer and began creating my new build.

I’ve also never used Wrye Bash before, I just want to learn how so I better understand it's abilities and uses.

I just ended a gruesome battle with FNIS ending after a post here in AFK that would’ve saved a LOT of frustration if I’d seen it two days ago.

SPEAKING of FNIS... Is there a way (or do I even need one?) to add GenerateFNISforUsers as an executable in BAIN as is possible in MO2. I ask because I see one for SSE+SKSE64, or will running it from a shortcut on my desktop accomplish what’s needed?

Do I need to run it from “within” Wrye Bash?

I just thought of xEdit, is the same applicable to it?

WB BAIN Pix.jpg

1 hour ago, pendraggon said:

Is there a way (or do I even need one?) to add GenerateFNISforUsers as an executable in BAIN as is possible in MO2.

My advice to you is don't do it, because I don't think GenerateFNISforUsers.exe is designed to work properly under MO or MO2.  If you want to know more about it then ask fore, the original author of FNIS.

As for running via WB it could be done, but then you probably need to edit the bash_default.ini in the Mopy folder.  Your best bet is to run it as it is from Windows desktop at least that's what I do and that works for me.

Adding an executable to the toolbar is easy. Surprised Leo doesnt remember this, but here you go :

You right click your desktop in an empty space somewhere, and choose New, Shortcut

Click the browse to a location (wherever the FNIS exe is and click the exe)

Click next and give it a name

Then you copy that icon into Mopy \ Apps \

Next time you load up Wrye Bash that icon will be on the toolbar, aand as long as you got the icon path to the exe correct, clicking it should launch the exe.

See Wrye Bash documentation, General ReadMe, circa section 8, "Manually adding tools to the Launcher Bar"

http://wrye-bash.github.io/docs/Wrye%20Bash%20General%20Readme.html#manually-add

See also this tips screenshot, which is in the images on Nexus Wrye Bash page

1840-1531335522-907076389.png

In the screenshot I added LOOT to the toolbar by the same method. No need to go editing the default ini (I dont think you can do it that way)

You're right!  Thnx.

I forgot about that. I read it recently whilst researching during my struggle to get FNIS loaded into BAIN completely.

I guess I was soo focused on learning how to do that I forgot, or rather dismissed it out of  my brain-pan.

Again, Thank-you.