Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

I have just finished reading the whole thing, and the comments, I tell no lie. Fid you know that if you google "why did Giskard leave" you get basically three hits, one for Oblivion, one for AoE and one for some techie form the context of which i did not recognise. This whole sad situation reminds me of two instances, one of which i observed as a member of the Europa Barbarorum Team for Rome Total War a few years ago (airing our own dirty laundy here seems a little tasteless, so I won't bother). the other was rather more personnal and hurtful, so I understand exactly how Samson, Vorians, et al. feel about Giskard. However, such people are ticking social time bombs who are just waiting to explode in a community's face, "real" or digital, I wouldn't be surprised if this particular dour Yorkshireman does nothing but mod now. Still, on the upside, it was nice to return to the TES community after a few years away to discover things had become "interesting".

Blog post from Giskard dated Sunday, 08 August 2010 14:44 (skipped the ranting and flaming paragraphs, also the ones which just repeat the same thing with different words): [quote] I have come to a decision regarding these older mods that will be put in to effect regardless of what happens elsewhere. I felt it only fair to warn you of my plans since it effects you players. I am not a rich person and I cannot afford to keep buying bigger and bigger servers to cope with the load increased visitors place on my site. And I cannot live on the hope donations will cover my costs year after year. I have to keep a site I can afford on my own. So these files have to go to make room for newer mods, there is little choice. I have to be realistic about this. I realise this means they will disappear for good at that time but that cannot be helped. So between now and when Fallout New Vegas appears, you might want to ensure you keep local copies of our mods because you may find them impossible to get after the Autumn.[/quote] News post from Giskard dated Thursday, 12 August 2010 18:13 (skipped less relevant paragraphs): [quote] The guys at Fileplanet Ops have started putting my files online, together with Fileshack who also put them online in a fairly timely fashion, that means the question of hosting has been sorted and I can use links to those sites in the future. Other news, some selfish users decided to make a rush on the server when the news of the mods removal was announced for the Autumn (october) and downloaded the lot. In the process using up even more bandwidth than normal and running the risk that the site might have to take the mods off line much sooner than planned. Thanks a lot! Still the rest of us can have a little chuckle from the fact these mods will be updated before October, so they just wasted their time.[/quote] So 8th August he advises users of his mods to ensure they have downloaded copies of his mods since they might not be available any more. 12th August he calls all mod users who followed his advice selfish and laughs at them for "wasted time". Nice.

Pretty funny. "Please, download while you can. They might be going away soon!" Followed by "You dirty scum, why did you rush the download server like that?" I mean... really? The guy really does have a cycle just like Locke. Is there something in the water?

Fun reading, isn't it, Sigurd? You suffered more of it than I bothered with I'd wager. Welcome to the site. :) Nice catch there, Vorians. :lol: Hey Giskard, way to prove you're a dolt. Too bad there isn't an applause emotie here... :rolleyes:

Argh. *shoots Fury* ...oh wait. No emote for that, either. :ninja: *waves hello to everyone*

http://www.mudconnect.com/discuss/discuss.cgi?mode=MSG2&area=admin_ethics&message=10462&page=3 Why didn't you get a manifesto Samson? Or are you really Locke?

Well, I'd think the question of Samson being Locke himself is patently ridiculous, but the question of why Samson didn't get a manifesto from Locke could only be answered, I would think by Locke himself. On the other hand, I might propose, as speculation and conjecture, that the reason Samson didn't get such a ranting from Locke could very well be simply because Samson enacted a ban against Locke before such a litany could be posted.

After reading locke's latest rants, i wonder if he is truly delusional or if he is just roll playing the part for effect. I know at times, when pushed, i would play the part i was being accused of, generally in Craptaculious's direction, as that was most often the place the accusations were coming from. All in all, its rather entertaining, and once you consider that just about everyone at TMC is playing forum games and roll playing a part to some degree, is there any wonder that there is so much noise there. Without the likes of locke, The_Fury and the Medeivia people, TMC would be boring.

Interesting point The_Fury. I know Ismelda (my fellow BC team member) has more than once commented that if Giskard is going to keep claiming we uploaded his mods, we should just go ahead and actually do it. She was only half serious. I hope... :huh: Anyway, I'm not going to be putting any effort into uploading cleaned versions of his mods without explicit permission. I already did that once with permission (by request, in fact) from Dragon Captions back when Giskard gave them full control of his mods to update as they wished. I spent hours cleaning out The Elder Council (which was released) and Kvatch Aftermath (which wasn't released), only to have Giskard remove permission from Dragon Captions and accuse another DC team member of cleaning the mods in secret and bullying the DC team leaders into releasing them. Total bollocks. When a modding team is firmly under the thumb of someone not even a part of that team, merely linked by legacy, that team is severely crippled. Fortunately, now that they cannot touch his mods, they can work on their own mods freely. Unfortunately, the team was badly crippled by Giskard, and now there's only one person in the team who actually seems to be doing any modding, everyone else is just there for encouragement.

I don't know, Fury. It's very possible that Locke and the rest are all just role playing over there, but I am quite convinced that Locke is pretty delusional and some of the others might be as well, though to a lesser degree. No, Vorians, given the history, despite the temptation to at least commit the act you've been accused of, given how vehement the accusations have been, he'd obviously flip if you gave him real foundation for them and might even become able to prosecute you rather than persecute you as a result. It's just not worth it.

Sort of like how I make him nervous by downloading all his stuff and then sitting on it. :)

Maybe I'll wait til my free download window tonight (more likely tomorrow night since Dragona's got work tomorrow morning) and download everything he's got on his download server in bulk just so he can feel like someone's gone and grabbed it all yet again on him. I can always check some of the stuff from there out later after I figure out how to properly clean 'em up. :shrug:

Well they do make good learning tools for [url=http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/TES4Edit_Cleaning_Guide]TES4Edit cleaning[/url] so that's something at least :devil:

Hey dont these things have some sort of license that allows you to make some sort of AKA Diku Derivative from it, so you can use his stuff and when he whines that your stuff is bettter you can tell him to fuck off i got a license that i have not breached? Or that he is poor and cannot afford to run his server because he spends too much money on Doritos and Pot (the reason for his mental instability) and YES Gistard, i called you a Dorito's munching POT Head with early onset schizophrenia so sue me, so let him threaten legal actions, he got no money to do shit anyways, call his bluff and watch him capitulate, i would just clean his crap and put it all on a Russian based server and then let him commit suicide over it. Hey Conner, can you tell its early morning here and i just woke up :) Now i just gotta find Dwip with his clap giving machine gun emoticon and put my finger in the barrel before he pulls the trigger.

Heh. Funny thing about that. Legally speaking, any ESP generated using the Construction Set is owned by Bethesda anyway. The only thing Giskard has any actual claim on are custom models, textures, sound, and voice work. The ESP itself could be cleaned and there'd be nothing he could do about that. Of course, we all abide by an understanding in the modding community that doing something like that is bad unless you have permission. Giskard has given and revoked that community permission more times than I can count.

lmao. This guy, Giskard, may be a whack, be hes hypocritcal bullshit is hillarious! Also, for people who like to clean mods, if any one who can get the Elder Coucil mod mentioned above to work with anything, let me know. Upload it to TESNEXUS and claim it. That will give him a pain that won't go away lol. Nice reading this.

[quote]File hosting was forced on me last year when Nexus thought it was funny to simply give all my mods to a little girl and her team after she just walked up to them and asked them to do it. Then instead of apologising, they covered the whole thing up, banned the mods and moderated me. Nice people nexus. Perhaps you can see why I do not trust them. Filefront and Fileplanet were victims of the Fcom and BC Trolls as much as I was but trolls revealed how bad their service has become. Trolls reported my files until they got removed, then uploaded fakes to both sites. Kvatch Aftermath 7.4 still exists on Filefront for example. I never made it. I never gave permission for it to be created or uploaded, and Filefront have ignored all my emails about it. Fileplanet are guilty of that same thing too.[/quote] I found this and I think Samson and others are mentioned. Lol. I used Filefront and got the Kvatch Aftermath. I am glad they kept it on there. Also, its apologizing, there is no s dipstick! I am Saadus, a BC Troll and proud of it!! :biggrin: If I see any more mentions I will let you all know.

[quote]Also, its apologizing, there is no s dipstick[/quote] Only if you use US English, for those of us who use UK English, its s rather than z for quite a many words.

See also waggon. Back in the day on Alsherok, when 90% of our staff was from Singapore, Australia, or New Zealand, this sort of thing used to drive me up the wall until somebody told me what the reason was. Seperated by a common language and all that.

[quote]Separated by a common language and all that.[/quote] Through technology tho, US English is slowly invading the Commonwealth and eroding our British English. Oh for the good old days of colonialism, when the Oxford Dictionary ruled supreme.