Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

Typos only matter when they cause confusion and then only because they caused said confusion. Of course, it's always best practice to utilize a spell checker anyway since typos don't improve the presentation that people are being given by which to judge who you are, but, overall, no one here is going to flake out on you over a typo in general. ;) Sounds like quite the sycophant. :rolleyes:

I know it was easy to find StarX. But I just wonder what is taking so long to Giskard to find it. Like if it was a secret site when it is linked on Arthmoor Profile, and on our Better Cities FAQ on TESNexus. Zealots (the name we use for Giskard's followers) are not doing their job correctly. Their master needs to see this :)

:shrug: He's included links to here and quotes from here in his rants before, so it's not like he doesn't already know about the site.

Trust me, Giskard knows about this site already. I've been prominently figured in his accusations after all. So his goons don't need to monitor it for him, he's doing that just fine all on his own. Analytics says traffic is up 40% here since this topic was posted. So it's generating plenty of attention. Unlike other brief spikes in traffic, this one has been sustained over the course of the last 9 days. It's generated dozens of referrals from Bethesda, Nexus, and his own site. His own site, in 9 days, rose to #12 as a source of referrals for the last 30 days, and #14 for all of 2010. The only really funny part about that? All but 2 referrals came directly off of his forum. The general blog readers either don't follow the links, or more likely don't read the blogs to begin with. I bet he's actually got more referrals [i]to[/i] the BC article than I see coming [i]from[/i] the BC article. The giant spike of traffic from the UK tells the real story - UK traffic is up 95% compared to normal since August 1. A lot of these people also stayed to surf the gallery for Oblivion images, for which my modem screams in pain, but seems to be doing OK with. As a side note, I really need to sit down one day and figure out how to work in paginated comment threads for Sandbox.

Wow, nice to know his Zealots generate that much traffic and find your images so much more interesting than his blog posts... er, um.. :tongue: You know, those two referrals from his blog posts were probably from Dwip, myself, or Hanaisse checking to see which post he'd linked back when you had your previous response to one of his blog posts. :innocent: ...unless those two were just this month, in which case, I couldn't tell ya'. :shrug: With all that you serve, why would you modem complain about the Oblivion images?? :blink: Yes. Yes, you do. If you could manage that, with everything else you've done to date to Sandbox, it might just start to rival QSFP for a full on family blog site... ;)

Lol, then that's pretty funny. The implication being that either he has no readers, or no readers who cared enough to follow the links. Modem screams because images take up lots of bandwidth when a bunch of them are being viewed. The gallery doesn't generally see this much activity.

Well, since we know he's got these 'zealots' it's prolly the latter, but even that's not exactly high praise, especially if we're dubbing these followers 'zealots'... :lol: Ah, I understand, because they're basically pulling all the images for each page at once. I was thinking more along the lines of downloading a few here and there instead of the normal traffic of just hitting the site. But I'd still think downloads of codebase versions and such would be worse than images, aren't the image pages serving thumbs? :( Or are we talking a lot of hits to the individual image pages over and over? Maybe it's a Giskardian DoD sorta thing.. :lol:

Maybe I'm not awake enough or something, but I don't get it. What point were you trying to make?

I think the ANON might be a mudder, and as such it trying to all high brow and alluding to Samsons involvement in mud controversy verses Samsons involvement in Oblivion controversy and how perspective, and ones position in the troubles sways ones opinions and actions and that ultimatly, it is just a piece of software, so why are we acting like it is the end of the earth or with religious fervor.

Meant to comment yesterday. Let's just say that Anon being in Victoria probably explains things fairly well if he's a mudder. No, it's not an end of the earth religious event. In fact, given that Giskard has been going on like this for two years spreading his lies around without being challenged indicates the extent to which most of us in the Oblivion community cared. We did what any normal community would do. Shun him and make it clear he's not welcome. So he went away. This whole thing is not unlike Locke and his regular summer cycle of showing up to make insane demands about licensing, and calling everyone he disagrees with an abusive prick when they laugh at him and refuse. Locke is the only one who continues to post insane ramblings when this happens. Giskard is the only one posting insane ramblings about Oblivion modding. Were one not aware that they are in fact two different people, one might mistakenly assume they're the same person. As for my involvement in such matters, I am merely a member of the community. I was merely a member of the MUD community too. Nothing Giskard has said or done so far comes anywhere close to anything we've had to put up with there. It may just be a game and a bunch of mods, but a lot of us put far more effort into making them than any MUD short of IRE could hope to see done. Therefore the personal investment is much more important. The pride in the work is way higher. The joy of seeing a lot of people play your mods, and have good things to say about them goes way beyond what you'll ever find in the MUD community. If our Victorian friend is trying to make a parallel here, it's woefully inadequate since the Oblivion modding community is filled with plenty of nice people who genuinely appreciate the efforts we make, as well as appreciate the efforts of moderators and admins to keep our gathering places civil. Trolls are the exception, not the rule.

I think if that's what's being implied, it's a bit cerebral for someone in the mud community in general, particularly amongst the trolls who'd feel that way... :headbang: As for "a lot of us put far more effort into making them than any MUD short of IRE could hope to see done", I had noticed that you've not said anything at all about the jobs bill nor Arizona's newest law since the first big one got shot down by the courts or.. and it usually takes a lot to distract you enough to not notice things like those. :shrug: Charles? Maybe I don't want to know anyway...

Oh, I noticed. I just don't know what good it does to post about stuff like that anymore. I'd much rather spend time doing enjoyable things than digging up material for a page long rant about how the Feds raped Arizona or about how they're passing more fake jobs bills to keep their union cronies in power.

[quote]I had noticed that you've not said anything at all about the jobs bill nor Arizona's newest law[/quote] Or about how John Kerry parked his boat in another state just so he did not have to pay state sales tax on it. Here in Aussie land it would not matter where he bought it or where he parked it, because sales tax is a federal issue. You know it makes me wonder how long it will be, before the US federation implodes much the same way that communist Russia did, because to me, and outsider, i see it as totally broken, power is divided all over the place and the red tape must be a nightmare to navigate for national companies who need to deal not with 1 entity but all 52 individual ones.

[quote]Really, any forum that lets this garbage go on publicly for so long without locking the thread and temporarily or permanently banning the worst provocateurs evidently doesn't care what it looks like. If you have ever wondered why people think of MUDs (when they think of them at all) as the domain of socially damaged overgrown children, this is a large part of the reason why.[/quote] An interesting view of TMC. 100% accurate. BTW, this site looks like shit in IE. Fix it.

[quote=The_Fury]You know it makes me wonder how long it will be, before the US federation implodes much the same way that communist Russia did[/quote] Well it's not a "federation" but I guess that's as good a term for it as any. It's definitely broken though, and you don't need to be an outsider to see that. But it's broken because the Feds have been slowly accumulating too much power for the last 100 years or so since Woodrow Wilson started the progressive revolution. We'd have collapsed entirely by now if it hadn't been for interruptions in that revolution by normal leadership being elected after the worst stages. I don't doubt that red tape is a nightmare, but that's true regardless. You also seem to forget that Australia isn't anywhere near as big as we are. Also, there's only 50 states. Canada and Puerto Rico haven't seen the light yet :) To anon: It's TMC. You expected something civil? As for your IE comment, upgrade, and it won't look like crap. Mr. I use IE 6 to surf the net in 2010.

Suppose I can't really blame you there, Samson, politics of late [i]has[/i] started to feel a bit like a broken record. :shrug: One incident of avoiding sales tax doesn't even register on my radar anymore, Fury, that's the least of the 'crimes' our politicians engage in daily. As far as national companies go though, it's what keeps accountants employed en masse around here. ;) ...but 'all 52'? Ok, I can see 50 states plus the Feds, but who's the 52nd? :blink: To Anonymous, what Samson said. While I can't argue regarding TMC, I have to wonder what would impel you to use IE in the first place, let alone an outdated version that even Microsoft won't support anymore, and then complain about how a site looks with it. :facepalm: Oh Puerto Rico's been campaigning for official statehood as long as the District of Columbia has been, we've just never agreed to give it to them yet. :lol:

Oh, my link was misunderstood! :P I agree with what has been said totally, and the point was to show how pointless arguments Giskard has with everyone really are. Obviously not that obvious! :P no, I am not a MUD'er! :P

While Giskard's antagonistic view of the rest of the TES modding community is indeed pointless, it's still harmful - not just because of the lies he tells which hurt others, but also because of the people who [i]believe[/i] those lies, and themselves antagonise individuals Giskard has named. Giskard loves to call everybody who isn't under his control trolls, but he's the biggest troll I've come across. And trolls breed trolls, encouraging others to misguidedly follow his false statements and skewed view of the world, thus causing even more harm. Ignoring him hasn't worked - I've spent more than two years ignoring him. But that's useless, what is needed is a response to his lies. He is fond of saying that there are two sides to every story. Well finally, after more than two years the other, true side of Giskard's story in TES has been made publicly available to counter his dishonest version. Balance is good, just like compatibility. But Giskard doesn't understand compatibility, so he probably doesn't understand balance, hence the severe one-sidedness of his rants, always placing himself as saint and those he harms as the sinners.

One of the problems with posting completely anonymously like that is that it's rather difficult for those of us who can't see your IP and such to tell that you're a different Anonymous poster from the one who posted between your posts with a quote taken from TMC which is a mud-related forums... You mean Giskard [i]isn't[/i] St. George and you're [i]not[/i] the dragon, Vorians?? ;)