Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

BTW, remember the CSI thread you guys linked where he got all upset about how "Gamefront" stole his files? Yeah, that's cause Filefront renamed themselves. Not too good at this detective stuff is he?

He's like a flat earther, isn't he. :grinning: I remember sometime earlier, after he felt his Fallout NV mods weren't being appreciated enough and they were getting to lower scores on planet elder scrolls (it couldn't be to do with the fact he isolated himself from the rest of the community, could it), so he went on this rant where he pretended he was releasing new versions of all his old Fallout and Oblivion mods which were just house mods than (self proclaimed) epic quest adventures, as well as having a whole bunch of other spasms about how people weren't appreciating him well enough and his 'brilliant' efforts were going unnoticed. Its like a violent alcoholic wondering why no-one wants to drink with him anymore. :tongue:

He was hoping his fallout/f:nv mods would make him king of the hill; but I told him back in the day that the communities for those games were never going to be like the ones for TES. For one thing, the Fallout series is much more fully developed out of the box than TES, so you don't really need a better cities, for example. So, it kind of makes it difficult to make the kinds of mods he likes to make. From what I see on Nexus, most of the mods for either of them are: a) retexture the gun mods b) retexture the *armor type here* mods and c) companion mods. Once in a great while you might get a quest mod, or a new building; but from what I've seen, the new building adds nothing. Unfortunately (for Giskard anyway), no one in your living room watching your "brilliant effort"; they're thousands of miles away noticing your "brilliant result" (or your not so brilliant result as the case may be.). To be fair, some of his Oblivion mods are intricate quest mods; and some of his city mods do have quests to them. So does better cities (at least if you turn on the right components.) The only actual difference here is Vorians and Ismelda put them where the average player is going to find them "eventually". With Giskards, you have to know what your looking for. The alcoholic analogy is quite apt.

The other problem with the Fallout side of things is that it just wasn't that popular. It held a solid interest for awhile but both the FO3 and F:NV communities have been on life support for months now. I've visited both a few times to find that not even one full page of posts goes by in a WEEK. We get that on the Oblivion forums in 8 hours. Bethesda didn't help the situation in FO3 much by leaving a glaring bug behind where non-white NPCs still have white bodies with their normal color heads. Obsidian nailed NV's ass to the cross from the start by forcing Steam down everyone's throats and several top modders passed on even buying the game. Further compounded by an uprising from egotistical pricks asserting ownership over BUGFIX mods of all things and refusing to allow the formation of a UOP style project for F:NV that would have fixed many bugs in the game by consolidating those early fixes with new ones. If that sort of shit ends up happening in Skyrim I'll just risk getting banned from Nexus and assemble my own UOP off-site from there if it comes to that. Nobody can possibly assert ownership over fixing floating rocks and correcting typos. That's just stupid. Hopefully though we won't need a UOP with Skyrim. Sure, it's probably wishful thinking, but you never know.

Well, that and the fact that TES games are "finish the quest and keep playing", Fallout games are "finish the quest and the game is over". Yes, there is a DLC and a Giskard mod to make it so you "can" keep playing, but in both cases, it's like a big "why?" . I mean no one reacts to you like you just saved the world. You don't get a fabulous new title, you don't get a house...you get the idea. ... A better idea would be to have you USP project on the mods site you already own. Then you won't risk being banned from the other communities. Also, as far as fixing floating rocks and typos: their is a principle in law that says you cannot trademark common ideas. In this case, what this means is, no one can claim they own the correct spelling of "Samson"; conversly, if their is only one way to move a rock, and it is reasonable to assume that more than one person would have both the inclination and the ability, to execute the appropriate action; that action cannot be "owned".

Well, see, that's the stupid ass thing about it. The Nexus admins basically said that and told "patch compilers" to simply do the work themselves, or list ever last egotistical prick who came and moved a rock as a contributor to the project if they release a rock moving mod. It's about the most ludicrous thing I'd ever seen done there and it clearly would have invalidated the UOP for Oblivion as well.

Well, yea, I can see that point to that. On the other hand, I can also see the side of it where that little bit of work is still work. It's kind of a rock and a brick wall situation. It's kind of like a major court case-it's easy to acknowledge the judge, and the defence, and the prosecutor; but the court reporter, the bailiff, the janitor, the 53 paralegals all worked on it too, and deserve "something". Maybe at the end of the credits you could put "and many more", like they do for broadway musicals?

Well Kivan did the right thing - he credited the ones who came up with actual substantive fixes involving scripts or large bodies of work. Then credited everyone else in one big lump for helping to find and report things. Yes, the UOP contains numerous individual fix files and I can assure you it in no way names every last author of every last one of them. Such a feat would be impossible today, and would have been an almost insurmountable amount of work back then. Taking your court thing to the logical end, what about movies? You don't see credits listed for every last bit player in the thing. Certainly not extras. Yet they are still a part of the whole. I don't get the mentality that says "I own rock fix #411 and you didn't credit me so I'm getting you banned now". All that does in the case of a UOP style mod is harm the community as a whole when the package maintainers decide (rightly) that it's too much of a hassle. This leaves everyone with a hodgepodge load order of hundreds of stupid little fix files that should be merged. Assuming people bother making fixes at all after that. I know I wouldn't even if I were to get into playing the game for whatever dumb reason. What's this got to do with Giskard? Probably not much of anything. He already thinks Nexus is a troll haven anyway. Sad to say, but as far as F:NV he may just be right.

[quote=Samson]aking your court thing to the logical end, what about movies? You don't see credits listed for every last bit player in the thing. Certainly not extras. Yet they are still a part of the whole.[/quote] Which is why I said: [quote=Me]Maybe at the end of the credits you could put "and many more", like they do for broadway musicals?[/quote] And your right...this probably has nothing to do with Giskard anymore, but we're not exactly taking home the Oscar for best staying on topic on this blog, anyway. :wink:

lol, from someone on Giskard's forums who wishes to remain anonymous for their own protection: "U gaiz might be interested in this. G was going off about 911 the other day. Turns out he's one of those crazy 911 truth people. It explains so much!"

It doesn't surprise me, either. It actually doesn't explain anything though. Lots of people have crazy beliefs, and they don't all have a bitch fit every-time someone disagrees with them. Especially when the disagreement has nothing to do with the crazy belief in question. Actually, Giskard used to rant about Americans quite a bit. It's actually one of, if not the, main thing(s) he has against Samson. At the end of the day, he's just plain delusional, and probably paranoid too.

[quote=Dallen]Actually, Giskard used to rant about Americans quite a bit. It's actually one of, if not the, main thing(s) he has against Samson. At the end of the day, he's just plain delusional, and probably paranoid too.[/quote] That's quite interesting though, because although I don't believe that 9/11 was perpetrated by the US government (regardless of how convincing those youtube videos might seem), I've probably got political views and a general dislike of America that could well be somewhat similar to Giskard's, and argue with Samson about politics a great deal. Yet somehow we seem to get on perfectly well in the Oblivion community :shrug: , so I'm sure it says quite a lot about Giskard's personality - aka Dallen's last sentence :grinning:.

You also have a bad habit of attributing the wrong person to the quotes :P

@ Pretty: You and I both argue with Samson on various topics, my point was none of us picks up their toys and goes home, every-time we don't see eye to eye. I mean, I could see it once in a while; if it was something earth shatteringly important. Sorry, your rock is not earth shatteringly important, Giskard. Samson does not ban everyone that ever not shared his opinion about (name your topic). If he did, neither of us would be here. Oh, yea. I get on perfectly well with people I don't necessarily agree with everyday. I don't want them to have any authority, but I get along with them.

What's really too bad is that the MUD community I used to be an admin for didn't see what you guys have seen - disagreement isn't the reason people get banned. I'm sure Fury could tell you all stories of those days. They make Giskard look like a mewling little kitten by comparison.

I got the impression based on whats on this blog that nasty shit went down in the MUD community. :thinking:

Actually, mentioning 9/11 'truthist's', check out [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yTgbZSATTU]this[/url] video. They do a great job making themselves look credible and mainstream, but there's one spot where their true nature (left wing extremists) really shows (and probably others I missed). Because [spoiler]I'm fairly sure no-one thinks Pearl Harbor was a 'False Flag'.[/spoiler]

That video gave me cancer. What's hilarious about it is that these people have fallen victim to the very left wing propaganda they're claiming they hate so much!

Yeah, they're something of a marvel. They've even gone to town with some proper graphics of Bush and Hitler side by side (I know republicans just prefer to draw the mustache on Obama :tongue:). What scary about those video is that when I watched them for the first time, I was blown away by how well they had done making themselves seem convincing. Its little wonder that such a large portion of the population has fallen victim to this ridiculous beliefs.

Heh, well we prefer to draw it on Obama because it fits his ideology better. Hitler is only a right winger by European standards. Most of the 9/11 conspiracy theory sites use footage cobbled together from live TV, mixed with rampant speculation from the reporters as they were all trying to trump each other for ratings. All their stuff is easily debunked if you spend 5 minutes looking into it. The biggest giveaway that there's something fishy is that they never make claims that can be verified independently. Only claims that superficially seem to fit the situation, or are difficult to verify. It's these same kind of tactics Giskard uses on his flock at the guild forum. (yeah, like how I worked that in?) A bunch of claims that on the surface seem accurate but are easily dismissed with 5 minutes of proper research.

The problem comes about though because a lot of people can't be bothered to spend that five minutes to work that out when their shown something that seems so authoritative. Thus they fall to simple human nature of being panicking idiots (they reckon that the human that doubted the buy who cried out 'LION!' twenty thousand years ago didn't live to pass on his now useful genes). As for Giskard; I think your lines say it all. And yes, I do like how you've worked that in. :grinning:

Acutally, of interest, doombuggie has a line in his signature that goes[url=http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_iguana%27s_predators] 'Trolls, look here :grinning:'[/url] Not surprising considering the legions of trolls we have trained here with Samson's propaganda to ruthlessly assault Giskard's forums.

I think it's even more ludicrous of him to quote the golden rule in his blog entries. :P Those guys are all engaged in classic behavior projection - accusing others of activities they themselves are responsible for. So yeah, they trolled themselves. I certainly can't have trolled them, I've never once registered an account on their systems. They only get away with spreading their lies and disinformation for so long before people wander back to the BGS forums and figure out the truth.