Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

Well, we all knew he couldn't stay away from Oblivion for too long. He's actually got like 3 new mods up. About Trolls: I think he's refering to you, Samson. All Natural. For some reason, this particular mod has his panties in a bunch. Also Better Cities, Open Cities. Open Better Cities. Then again, he's still hiding in his guild, not participating in the community as a whole; so it's best to not worry about him to much. It's rather unfortunate, as he does have talent as a modder.

Oh yes, I know he's referring to me about the trolls part. And Vorians too. The guy has been harping on the same thing now for 3 years straight. Not sure what his problem is with All Natural though, except that it requires Wrye Bash and he's absolutely ape shit against that program. Probably because he hasn't got a clue about how it works. It hasn't got anything to do with the fact that I'm on the project team. I was way back when Chong Li announced it to the world. It wasn't something I intended to do but it just happened. His lack of interaction with the actual community (his gang of insular cultists don't count) is exactly why he doesn't know just how active everything still is, and that it's likely to get MORE active once Skyrim comes out and not LESS.

Oh, because you combined Chong Li's All Natural with AWS and Enhanced Weather. Then you had the audacity to include AWLS and Immersive Interiors. On his planet, that's stealing those peoples' works. We'll ignore the fact they seem to have disappeard from the planet. On Wrye Bash: How is not knowing how it works a problem? Lot's of people drive cars without knowing how they work. 90% of the time, you click the "mod checker" button, and do what it says. (Well, hopefully you have BOSS too, because BASH can mess up if certain things aren't in order.)

Uh. AWS and NW were already incorporated by the time I came into the picture. Chong Li did that himself. When Wrinklyninja came along we swapped out AWS with EW - EW was his mod, so there was no issue there. Then we got permission from HTF to include the updated AWS textures. So there's no ripping off of anyone going on here. The project has simply been passed down from one modder to the next. I realize that's a completely foreign concept to him but that's how mod communities actually work. We have not integrated AWLS or Immersive Interiors btw. Those remain entirely separate mods and will stay that way. Something else he'd know if he were actually paying attention instead of spitting out complete bullshit to his cultists. He knows full well that the Oblivion community at large has very little toleration for theft, even of Giskard's own work.

I meant natural interiors, but that's neither here nor there. Point made. If you didn't intergrate AWLS, I wonder how I got it? Immersive Interiors I got from Nexus, just got confused with what was what.

AWLS; you mean the window lighting mod? Is it possible that you downloaded and installed it? :wink: I imagine most of Giskard's folks don't even have a clue what those mods do... Also, mentioning dying communities; Tesnexus has got 443 new members and nearly a thousand new posts so far today. We should really be proud at how we drive so many people away from our communities, shouldn't we.

Yes, that is possible. :whistle: If Giskards folks, show even the slightest hint of knowing what those mods do, he bans them from his guild. I know, I used to be one of them. I posted on Tesnexus like 50 times today, myself.

[quote]If Giskards folks, show even the slightest hint of knowing what those mods do, he bans them from his guild. I know, I used to be one of them. [/quote] Maybe he should be an Arab dictator or something. Or Stalin. [quote]I posted on Tesnexus like 50 times today, myself.[/quote] Well you've been busy. :smile:

Everyone wave to Doombuggie - chances are he's monitoring this topic now that it's been revived :devil:

Hey, go back to that page from Giskard's site I posted and scroll down to the bottom of the comments. Is it just me, or does it look like he's not even aware that Oblivion can't utilize multi-core PC's properly? (or his followers for that matter :tongue:)

Yeah, he's not even aware that it won't utilize more than about 15% of a second core. The other 2/4/6 won't even be touched.

I didn't know it could utilize multi-core "at all". I think I read somewhre it has real problems with it. However, it looks to me like there talking about whether or not overclocking the CPU will provide better performance, and the fact that the one guy has an "Octo-Core" is incidental. (I've never heard of it but...OK.) The answer to the question at hand seems to be: Not really. Buying more RAM might, having more storage might, having a better video/audio card might. Actually using some utilities like wrye bash and boss and TES4Edit might. Oh, wait, those are cardinal sins in the land of Giskard.

Well we wouldn't want to offend their religious beliefs now would we :P

And all hail their self-installed god. He is one of the [url=http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/content.php?255-The-guild-is-celebrates-its-2rd-birthday-this-week]Greatest ever Oblivion modders[/url], after all.

[quote=Giskard]Some of the best work done by me on this site and others was done during constant attacks and high stress levels. Fighting of trolls and rip off teams with one hand, maintaining a forum with the other and creating excellent mods through pure force of will.[/quote] [quote=the Sycophants] Sieg Hiel![/quote] [quote=Giskard]with an unrivalled quest mod list and unquestioned expertese and that has to really piss of the trolls who did all they could to stop me doing it [/quote] No one ever tried to stop him. Someone might have tried to help him be an even better "worlds greatest modder", but I digress. [quote=Giskard]Find your real friends...because they tell you when your being an ass...[/quote] You mean like, right now? :grin:

Constant attack? I'd sure like to know who's supposed to be doing this. Because of course I have nothing better to do than make troll accounts to pester him with. :rolleyes: Unquestioned expertise? Actually, because he refuses to use tools designed to make average modders into experts..... but I digress. None of us has ever tried to stop him from generating so many dirty mods though. But we will label them as such in those tools. And yes, Giskard, you're being an ass.

Its highly unfortunate because if it wasn't for his irrational behaviour and flat refusal to acknowledge he gets things wrong and complete unwillingness to learn off others, he could be one of the leading modders in the community. As Conner said, to bad he didn't focus on modding rather than fighting imaginary trolls.

Then, one might wonder what exactly he's comparing himself to when he bills himself as "one of the best modders out there" . He's either banned or refuses to participate in all four of the major communities out there. "I'm sitting all alone in an empty room; therefore I'm the greatest king that ever lived."

Samson, you are officially [url=http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/showthread.php?131-Skyrim-Chat/page12]dubbed[/url] 'one of the bash and merge people'. Quite how you've managed this since you aren't involved in the development of Wrye Bash is beyond me, but...I digress.

I couldn't get that page to load :sad: , but based on previous experience, the fact that Samson: 1. recommends bashed patch. 2. requires bashed patch on at least one of his mods Makes him a "bash and merge" person. (According to Giskard, I provide technical support to trolls because I was talking about using All Natural and AWLS with one or the other of CUO_"city_name_here" mods. OMG, I'm the tech support! Run boss, put patch on the end, build patch (placing checkmarks in the boxes that pertain to you.) Oh, wait...Giskard can't figure this out.... :stare: )

And I suppose by that definition, almost anyone who actively participates in the community beyond his site is a 'bash and merge' person to Giskard because almost everyone who plays the game uses this system. :shrug:

Yes, technically that would be correct. The difference between Samson, Vorians, and say Wrye and the other 98.99% of users is they use this system IN PUBLIC! :shock: Paradoxically, I did not use it (or AN or BC or OOO) until about year 1.5 of Giskards rant. I am one of the people that "pretended to be his friend, and did as much damage as possible when the time was right." (Mainly by starting to post here, and actually trying some of the mods he was on about.) Then of course one led to another... *all statistics are complete bollocks

[quote]The UOP has already been taken over by the old bash patch and merge people.[/quote] ROFL, and yet the UOP Supplementals don't actually require Wrye Bash to operate. Oh, the ignorance is unreal at that site. I'd be amazed if any of their games behave properly and I'd be willing to wager this "save game bug" they talk about in New Vegas is entirely their faults since I've never even heard of the issue outside of their little cult. Wrye Bash has singlehandedly kept Oblivion modding alive well past its expiration date. Without it we'd all be screwed in one way or another with the massive conflicts that would exist. Also, you guys will probably be amused by this, it appears as though Giskard sent someone to Nexus to try and trick me into editing one of his mods. The guy started off innocently enough by asking if I could fix a conflict with Glenvar and Faregyl. Surprise - load order alone solved it. The BAM, out of the blue he's asking me to fix bugs in two of Giskard's mods, practically begging and pleading, then when I refused and said he'd have to contact Giskard he just said something snide like "oh, how honorable of you" and hasn't replied back since. They need to try harder.