Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

Hey, Arthmoor and others from the Beth forums! Petrus here. Nice to find a place where one can speak one's mind without being censored by the Beth mods or being banned by Giskard. Giskard has repeatedly called me a cyberstalker, troll and worse in his own little slice of hell at the Engineering Guild, where he can spew out his lies without being opposed and where his litte minions go wide eyed at what a ferocious troll Octavious (as he misspells my nick) is. My first encounter with Giskard was in [url=http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=82048&st=0?s=9a514ac2e5f76e6a70e1735d3ac118a8]this thread at Nexus[/url] for which I was both banned and earned the permanent emnity of Giskard. And my crime? I pointed out that CUO and OOO both edit the same 40 vanilla chests and that it was a conflict. That shows the pettiness, vindictivness and ingnorance of Giskard and his minions. But Buddah fotunately saw the error of his ways and apologized and reinstated me. Even TheNiceOne who really does credit to his nick was banned for pointing out the mod conflicts! I also got the following message from one of his most rabid minions called "Cheese", which is quite possible the most pathectically immature drivel I have ever read: "you have no idea what you are talking about when you said cuo had flaws, the things you pointed out were beths fault that and OOO is a very incompatible mod so you shouldn't even complain when something conflicts with it and oh the dirty label means some things are wrong with that part so you are just showing your lack of intelligence for pointing that out." Anyway, was nice to get that off my chest! Arrhmoor, keep up the good work!

Talking about Beth/Nexus forums, I've noticed that when most people bring up Giskard, they get edited and told that if they bring up "that person" one more time, they'll be banned. However, there are a couple people (like harmy52) that talk about him at great lengths and not word one is said.

There's a reason why he's often mentioned as "he who shall not be named" :P

[quote=Anonymous (Ismelda?)]What do you all think? Is he really not a genius?[/quote] The best evil mad genius of our time. Raining cows! I want some! :rolleyes: Welcome Petrus!

Welcome aboard, PetrusOctavianus! :) The raining cows would lose their appeal pretty quickly if they're also doubling as fireballs on impact, Hanaisse.

Don't forget that for his rain of cows to even work, he first has to place the script into his ESM (since that's where he said he'll put it) and then place another script in every single one of his ESPs to reference his "rock" (since the ESM cannot reference a rock in an ESP, so there needs to be an additional script in [i]every single[/i] ESP just to trigger the one script in his ESM), then he needs to pick his rock. But wait, how does he know what to use? He'll have to download Better Cities (thanks Giskard for increasing our download counter) and install it just to see what BC edits so that he can place his rock somewhere which will conflict - or get a zealot to taint himself by downloading BC so that Giskard can remain pure. And he'll need to make his rock persistent otherwise no script can reference it. And he'll need his script (the ESP one, not the ESM one) to check the X,Y,Z coordinates of that rock and compare them to his own coordinates. And that'll be the end of it, the script won't run... because when I make compatibility patches [i]I don't move persistent objects![/i] Plus TES4Edit will show me that a script is referencing that rock, so when I check the script to determine if I need to adjust it for compatibility, I'll know what it does and... wipe it out. Bomb defused. Hi Petrus! Giskard can never spell either of my names right either. Back when CUO was first released by CUT, I received a PM from a zealot after suggesting to the CUT team that the readme for CUO was inaccurate with its statement of full compatibility with everything under the modding sun. However I didn't realise the PM'er was a CUT member at first. He/she informed me that my mods were all sh*t. I asked for a bit more detail as to which specific mod they were having problems with since I couldn't help without knowing, and the response was one of annoyance that I hadn't been upset - "I won't play your game" or something like that was the response along with a brief negative comment, but still no hint as to who they were and what their problem was. Which left me bemused as I still didn't know what they were talking about. It was only a couple days later that I spotted the same name above an aggressive post attacking someone for posting in reference to CUO. I can't even remember the name of the zealot now, he/she disappeared for about two weeks on Nexus (probably temporarily banned) then slipped into obscurity when Giskard deleted the CUT team's website.

Looks like Giskard has [url=http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/news/704-waving-good-bye-to-the-elder-scrolls]admitted defeat[/url]. He shouldn't have declared war on Better Cities in the first place, then none of this latest "upset" would have happened. Now we (BC and OC teams, he's suddenly started to treat us as separate entities) have apparently snuck onto his private forums and stolen top secret information (that data someone we don't know the identity of posted about cow rain - funny how we get the blame for receiving the information without asking for it) then made it public. News for you Giskard: it wasn't us, it was someone you haven't banned yet! I'm guessing he read my comment stating how easy it would be first to avoid his timebomb and secondly how easy to defuse it, and realised I'm not the ignorant modder he thought I was.

[url=http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/news/704-waving-good-bye-to-the-elder-scrolls]We won the war!!![/url] [quote] Due to the continued abuse from trolls like the Open cities and Better Cities people who as recently as yesterday decided to access private posts on my private forum (which is private for a reason) and post them on their public blog just to cause trouble. And given their statements about feeling free to continue to ripping off and stealing any mod I work my ass off to create. I feel it best to simply stop making mods they can rip off and use as excuses to cause me trouble. After all if I do not make anything they cannot steal it. So I have decided to stop making mods for Elder Scrolls fans and will be moving on to more friendlier communities.[/quote] Well do not rejoice too hard because he has the bad habit to come back and back again after saying the very same things over and over again. Anyway, it is a cause to celebrate once again as we sure did won the war he declared on us just by patching his mods so that everyone can access them even with Better Cities. The last straw was the post of that dear Anonymous from inside his own forum. So whoever you are, thank you for reporting this to public view so that everyone could see in the open what we were trying to say to everyone about him. Just a side note, We ARE NOT ripping anything from you. Your esp/esm stay as they are. We DO NOT touch them. But yet this is lost on you. Good riddance I'll say and you can quote me all you want :)

Well we didn't actually fight but more pacified his tools for war aka CUO cities, making them fit in our cities without the need of fighting. But he was at war. So now that he left the battlefield he made, we are left as winner :)

*shaking his head* Amazing. Well, I suppose if he really does drop out of modding Oblivion that's good news in the sense that he'll be unable to continue harassing sincere modders like y'all, but even if he does drop out of the Oblivion community, I have to wonder in mild fear for whichever "friendlier communities" he's got in mind.

Reading the EG forums is like walking into the Twilight Zone. The place is ruled by one deranged madman who throws insults and accusations east and west and the frightened little minions dare nothing but agree that "yes, it's terrible". None of them asks the obvious questions, like "how excactly is the BC people ripping you off?" and "what excactly did this Octavious do to you?". Like scared little children they dare not think for themselves but blindly believe anything their great Master tells them. I've never encountered a more pathectic group of drooling sycophants in my 15 years online.

[quote=petrus]None of them asks the obvious questions, like "how excactly is the BC people ripping you off?" and "what excactly did this Octavious do to you?". [/quote] Seeming as talking to people on BC/OC is a banable offence, of course no one is going to ask the obvious question. It's just to bad people forget it's a game. modding is supposed to be fun, it's not your lifes work. However, I'll bet he re-appears when ESV is released, and for a while he'll be the modding superhero he envisions himself to be, then the community will grow and someone will disagree with him and well you get the idea. :shrug:

Let's face it. Who here didn't see this coming a mile away two months ago? We could have gone completely silent about him and this would still have happened, as it has happened every year since he started modding and the first person who disagreed with him stood their ground against HIS abuse. [quote=PetrusOctavianus]I've never encountered a more pathectic group of drooling sycophants in my 15 years online.[/quote] Unfortunately Conner and I have, and no matter how much drama Giskard has stirred up, even he hasn't approach levels we've both seen elsewhere. At least now that he's purged his TES content (again) there won't be any massive amounts of disinformation floating around out there about the way our tools work and how evil it is to use Bash.

He didn't just purge the mods though. He purged all of the TES related blog posts, news articles, guides, etc. Granted, that doesn't mean he won't turn his guns on Fallout 3 and those very same tools (FO3Edit, Gary Bash) but he hadn't made any indications in that direction up to this point.

There doesn't seem to be that many FO3 mods (I mean relatively), so there's less to be paranoid about. Then again, I could just as easily see Giskard,Ismelda, and Vorians at their local having a laugh at us poor players who think this is real. :evil: