Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

That's not on UESP itself. That's a blog the guy set up called UESP Watch. Basically where he rants about how terrible they all are.

[quote]You have been warned. Resistance is futile. All your base are belong to us.[/quote] That phrase was mine, not Giskard's. Should have used quotes, but I'm lazy. Sorry.

[quote=Samson]In other interesting news, Giskard posted a link from somewhere within his site to the AFK Mods site[/quote] Now that really is interesting. I'm not quite sure why he'd have done that, but I suppose that it is nice of him to provide us an extra source of publicity... [quote=Vorians]Tiber Septim seems a little childish however if he/she feels the need to publicly post insulting mispellings of other people's names.[/quote] I agree, though childish seems a nice way of putting it. [quote=Vorians]Maybe that funny orange symbol means Tiber Septim is a blog administrator? Since Anonymous' post got deleted and then Tiber Septim posted to gloat that he was capable of getting people's posts deleted, this suggests Tiber Septim himself deleted it.[/quote] That's largely what I was thinking too. [quote=Vorians]Sure was nice of Giskard to continue to promote your mods, Samson & dwip.[/quote] Very odd, but nice. :shrug: [quote=Samson]That's not on UESP itself. That's a blog the guy set up called UESP Watch. Basically where he rants about how terrible they all are.[/quote] Ah, that explains a bit. Though it still leaves the orange symbol a mystery. [quote=Troll]And btw I only posted here the quotes from TEG, that pic above it's not my doing, just another anon that used the name Troll. Bye.[/quote] Actually, the last pic was posted by Anonymous, not someone else using the same name. :shrug: [quote=Vorians]I hope Giskard hasn't banned you, since he's already stated as shown in your quote of him that he knows who you are.[/quote] Actually, Giskard, or whoever Tiberus might be, had indicated that he was convinced that the anonymous poster was Arthmoor. The one thing we know with a very reasonable degree of certainty is that the anonymous poster in question isn't Arthmoor/Samson.

[quote=Conner]I'm not quite sure why he'd have done that, but I suppose that it is nice of him to provide us an extra source of publicity... [/quote] I don't know either. I just happened to notice it in my Analytics data. He probably posted something in his forum that someone else clicked on to get there. [quote]Ah, that explains a bit. Though it still leaves the orange symbol a mystery.[/quote] The orange symbol is probably the default icon for a user. It's hosted on blogspot.com and other registered users appear to have their own avatars in use.

[quote=Samson]I don't know either. I just happened to notice it in my Analytics data. He probably posted something in his forum that someone else clicked on to get there.[/quote] Ah, I use webalyzer locally rather than Google Analytics but it's close enough (I expect) that I know what you're saying there. I really can't quite imagine that he's trying to do a full 180 here and start helping you out by positively promoting stuff you're associated with all of the sudden, but who knows, eh? ;) (Incidentally, you'd probably be amused (amazed?) to learn that iguanadons.net is usually my highest or second highest source of referrals each month.) [quote=Samson]The orange symbol is probably the default icon for a user. It's hosted on blogspot.com and other registered users appear to have their own avatars in use.[/quote] That makes complete sense. It's probably a white B on that orange square and is probably just the default avatar for folks who are registered members at blogspot then.

[quote=Conner]I agree, though childish seems a nice way of putting it. [/quote] Well, I'm a nice guy :) [quote=Conner]Actually, Giskard, or whoever Tiberus might be, had indicated that he was convinced that the anonymous poster was Arthmoor. The one thing we know with a very reasonable degree of certainty is that the anonymous poster in question isn't Arthmoor/Samson.[/quote] I was referring to the post which definitely WAS from Troll [Anonymous], posting Giskard's latest abusive lies about Better Cities. Here, see: [quote=Giskard]Btw I am currently enjoying watching one the 4 people we blocked on the main site that came from the troll team site prove his is our cyberstalker. Its funny because when theres only 4 people it can be and a simple OS comparison tells me which one it is. I dont even need to look at my logs to get this info. [/quote] Troll is from The Engineering Guild, and is referred to by Giskard as being from the "troll team site", so presumably he's referring to his own team on his site since that's where Troll came from. Mind you, clearly Giskard got the wrong person, since there's no way that one of four people banned from his site could post comments from his site quoting that - if they're banned, they wouldn't have been able to view Giskard talking about it! Try again, Giskard, it's someone ELSE on your site who is wandering over here occasionally to let us know what new lies you're coming up with. Ban that person there... no wait, that one! No, try that guy... ban her! No the other one, oh just ban them both, you never know! What is Google Analytics?

[quote=Vorians]Well, I'm a nice guy :)[/quote] Hmm, a nice guy with a good sense of humor and a native British accent... Ladies, watch this one! ;) [quote=Vorians]Troll is from The Engineering Guild, and is referred to by Giskard as being from the "troll team site", so presumably he's referring to his own team on his site since that's where Troll came from. Mind you, clearly Giskard got the wrong person, since there's no way that one of four people banned from his site could post comments from his site quoting that - if they're banned, they wouldn't have been able to view Giskard talking about it! Try again, Giskard, it's someone ELSE on your site who is wandering over here occasionally to let us know what new lies you're coming up with. Ban that person there... no wait, that one! No, try that guy... ban her! No the other one, oh just ban them both, you never know![/quote] Ah, sorry, thought we were still on the screenshots. Actually, the person could be bypassing the ban through proxies but that would counter Giskard's claims of knowing who this person was too (not that those aren't pretty flimsy anyway..). Well, if he's going to go on a ban spree to weed out the leak, maybe he should just take the easy route and shut down his site altogether, then no one can leak from it. :lol: [quote=Giskard]What is Google Analytics?[/quote] [url=http://www.google.com/analytics/]Google Analytics[/url] is Google's solution to existing alternatives like [url=http://www.webalizer.org]Webalyzer[/url], [url=http://www.alexa.com]Alexa[/url], [url=http://gostats.com]GoStats[/url], etc, etc, etc. In other words, it's a web service to monitor your websites and give you nifty statistical info about your site, things like how many visitors you've had, what locale they appear to have come from, which browser they used, what other sites referred them to yours, which pages of yours they hit, any search terms they may have used to get there, and so on. Some of these analytics sites/programs claim to be able to tell you way more info than others and some offer just basic counter services. Some, like Google Analytics require a script to be embedded in your web pages, others like Webalyzer are run locally on your web server and compile their information from your web server's own logs. :shrug: While I've heard good things about Google's product (mostly from Samson and Google's web site, but a few other sources too), I'm pretty happy with the info webalyzer gives me already, even though I do realize that if I switched to Google's product I could potentially get satellite imaging of the individual visitors of my web sites and info, as collected by the street view vehicles, about their local home wireless networks and how frequently their wives/girlfriends shower and when they take their dogs for a walk and... What can I say? Those extra details are very likely too much information anyway. ;)

[quote=Conner]Well, if he's going to go on a ban spree to weed out the leak, maybe he should just take the easy route and shut down his site altogether, then no one can leak from it[/quote] Again? [quote=Conner]Google Analytics techspeaktechspeaktechspeakwaitwhat?![/quote] I've had Google Analytics on my Adblock Plus filter list for quite some time, as I saw no valid reason for a site which wasn't www.google.com to keep loading google stuff when I just wanted to view the not-a-Google-site. Does that mean it can't provide info about me?

Sure, why not again? ;) "Google Analytics techspeaktechspeaktechspeakwaitwhat?!" :lol: Is that how Google translate translated what I said to you? :P You did ask, sorry if you didn't really want the answer. ;) Anyway, I can't say that I blame you for blocking it, though I'm not really sure that adblock stops it from polling your browser and sending that info to Google, I think adblock just stops you from seeing it. If that's the case, then no, Google will still record whatever it wants about you to inform Samson about your stats from your visits. On the other hand, if adblock really does prevent the script from Google's Analytics from running at all, then yes, it would exclude you from his stats or perhaps only indicate that he had a visitor for whom it knows very little.

Analytics doesn't run an ad, so in theory there's nothing for adblock to kill. The reason you don't see anything is because there's nothing to see. While the whole getting satellite images of peoples houses [i]could[/i] happen because Google owns all the data sources, Analytics doesn't display individual IPs of the people who visit the site.

That's what I was thinking. (Regarding adblock, that is.) :lol: Sorry, was being a bit facetious about that aspect, but in theory, they [i]could[/i] go far enough to show you satellite images of the houses of the folks who'd hit your site, but given that they generally use images for their map that's two years old and then have trouble zooming in to the point of being able to make out individual houses in so many places, it's not like they're likely to be using the military version images that show the individual sitting at their computer as they browse. Remember, Big Brother [b]is[/b] watching you, right ..now! ;) :whistle:

Well I don't have google-analytics on ad-block but surely on Blocked Script and untrusted site to never bother with. I don't know if that does change anything but well I'm sure no script from it will play tricks on me. Whatever the tricks may be.

I blocked Google Analytics because it kept being listed in the Status bar with "Transferring data from google.analytics.com" (or whatever it is) while loading other sites. As soon as I blocked it, it stopped displaying that message. Adblock doesn't just block ads/images, it blocks scripts too, so it might well be blocking Analytics properly. Doesn't really matter either way though.

Back to Giskard: For someone that doesn't care what happens to people once he's banned them, he sure spends a lot of time worrying about what there doing. Happy New Year, Conner.

Then, Ismelda & Vorians, you're probably giving Samson false stats effectively by not being counted fully, but who knows what Google does with it's analytics when it gets a hit without the browser's feedback. :shrug: Indeed, Dallen. Thanks, Dallen, may you be inscribed in the book of life for another year too. :)

It's the 1st of Tishrei, 5771-Jewish New Year. (Or at least it was when I posted it. :grinning: On a related note-Your favourite anonymous posters birthday is the 5th of Tishrei.

Yup, [url=http://www.chabad.org/holidays/JewishNewYear/template_cdo/aid/4644/jewish/Rosh-Hashanah.htm]Rosh Hashanah[/url] started Wednesday night at sundown. :) Happy birthday in advance, Dallen! [img]http://tcdbbs.zapto.org/smilies/bday.gif[/img]

[quote=Dallen]Back to Giskard: For someone that doesn't care what happens to people once he's banned them, he sure spends a lot of time worrying about what there doing. [/quote] He also spends far too much time worrying about what people who have never actually done anything against him are doing, I guess he just likes to worry about people.

Of course he is. He does have 'some' good traits,too. In a way, he reminds me of my dad, in which case he's schizophenic-which means which Giskard your dealing with "today" is like totally random. The only thing I can think of that's ever been "against" him, is Elminster's version of KA. Even 'that' Elminster did it isn't against him. It's that Elminster 'said' "cleaned and fixed". If he said "made compatible with open/better cities" it wouldn't be "against him". (I was going to say he wouldn't have been offended, but...when your talking about people that are looking under the rocks looking for reasons to be offended....:shrug: )

I don't even think "cleaned and fixed" sounds like it's against him, if anything it implies that someone thought his mods were good enough to merit taking the time and effort to clean up and share with everyone else. Granted, it would've been better to consult with the author directly first since he was still clearly active, but...