Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

Damned, after reading that "arsemoore" comment further up, I realized that my own nice ends with "anus". :facepalm: Maybe Giskard is right and we really [i][b]are [/b][/i]assholes? :biggrin:

Heh ... [url=http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34471]Better Better Citys[/url] ??? (the mods typo, not mine) That looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Oh, and congrats to DragoonWraith on the release of NifSE. Looks good, if only I could understand it. :)

@[color=yellow]Samson[/color]: Wait, what the hell's "Carer" supposed to be? :blink: @[color=yellow]Dallen[/color]: Sadly, the truth is I agree with you, he's just trying to illustrate his point (whatever that may be) not really talking about a literal rock, but I really liked PetrusOctavianus's take on it much better for humor value. ;) @[color=yellow]AnImpatientFan[/color]: I seriously hope you're just kidding around as much as Petrus was... :surprised: @[color=yellow]PetrusOctavianus[/color]: Wait, Roger Libiez sounds more geekish than Arthur Moore? Maybe is Samson renamed himself a combination of the two you'd like it even better, he could become Roger Moore.. oh, wait, that one's already been taken, hasn't it? :P I don't know about trying to isolate the last four letters of your alias for this but changing Arthmoor to Arsemoore was Giskard's attempt at flattery to imply that Samson gets more arse than Giskard ever will, wasn't it? :lol: @[color=yellow]Hanaisse[/color]: Certainly sounds like an overwhelming project at least. Maybe Giskard decided to create a new "fake name" and post that as a final stab at the BC team. ;) (I know, probably not, but I couldn't resist an obvious way to bring even this one back "on-topic". ;))

No idea what Carer is, doesn't matter. The point was that the UK registrar system is screwed up beyond belief if they don't offer privacy guard features. Also, yes, he was talking about a literal rock in the mod. It wasn't some kind of metaphor.

Quote tags don't actually seem to be working, maybe I used too many? Anyway you can see the tags, so know what is quote and what is not. Quoting Giskard, as posted by Troll [Anon]... (due to lack of quote tags, I can only assume that the entire post after the first line is a quote, and that none of it is commenting from Troll): [quote]I have no interest in hearing from Elder Scrolls fans outside of this site. I am finding it very hard to resist the urge to tell them all to fuck off.[/quote] You never felt the need to resist before, and that's what caused your isolation in the first place. Bravo for learning resistence since then. [quote]You have been warned. Resistance is futile. All your base are belong to us.[/quote] Oh well, I guess you'd better stop resisting that urge now. Never did play Zero Wing, but thanks for quoting it. [quote]Anyway this is how their rip off game works. I place a rock in an ESP, that rock is my rock, no other mod can edit that rock or move it, not even an esm can touch that rock without editing my esp. So how exactly do Better cities move that rock if they dont edit my esp ? They use whats called a difference plugin, they edit my mods and save the result to a difference plugin which that call a patch. That patch moves the rock because its a mini bit of code taken from my esp and edited [/quote] That's not a very good way to make a patch. Much better to use a new ESP from the outset rather than use the CS to create a difference plugin. I do agree that not even an ESM can touch Giskard's rocks though, that'd just cause the worldspace glitch in-game. Anyway patches don't edit the mods they patch, as the patched mod is never edited. Instead the patch is edited, and moves things around to improve compatibility. Removing the patch reverts Giskard's rocks to where they were originally, thus proving that the original mod was never edited. [quote]So the patch is proof they have breached my rights as a modder.[/quote] The only right a modder has in relation to an ESM or ESP is to be treated with the same level of respect he shows others. Giskard was abusive the instant I questioned him, and has been abusive to many other modders, showing a complete lack of respect for those he was abusive to, thus he lost his rights as a modder. In spite of the fact that he chose to throw his own rights away, we still have never uploaded any of his mods. [quote]I have noticed the Better Cities people have already resorted to stalking on this site, the logs show its going on and show the usual hacker tools are in use again as they where last year. Unfortunately for them, this site is a UK site now where the Uk police have full authority and the logs as you can tell are working fine.[/quote] Who are these "Better Cities people"? We've never met them ourselves. Whoever you're tracking with your logs, it's not us. If you think it is us, then your logs aren't working very well. [quote]Last time they tried this the site was international and police where powerless to act.[/quote] Because there was nothing for them to actually act on, perhaps? [quote]Cyberstalking is long term persistent harrasment, know any Oblivion teams that qualify as cyberstalkers, that also cross post private stuff from my site on to theirs and keep ripping me off and attacking me ?[/quote] Ooh, ooh! I know, I know! Giskard! He's been "cyberstalking me and several other modders for more than two years now, and keeps posting lies and abuse about us on his private web site where those being lied about aren't allowed to respond! Does Giskard qualify, Giskard? [quote]Btw I am currently enjoying watching one the 4 people we blocked on the main site that came from the troll team site prove his is our cyberstalker. Its funny because when theres only 4 people it can be and a simple OS comparison tells me which one it is. I dont even need to look at my logs to get this info.[/quote] Way to go, Giskard! Accusing without bothering to look at the logs. Good thing, since those logs aren't working very well. [quote]They come from a site who's owner hides his site ownership details so nobody can tell who owns the site or deal his activities online. A owner that likes all his users to be anon and use fake names, An owner who was caught uploading and editing my mods between jan 2009 and April 2009, whos games came to an end in April 2009 when we hosted the mods here at the new guild site. [/quote] There's another site posting the truth about your lies? Can we have a link please? [quote]Iguandon site owner who is now the source of this latest round of trouble. [/quote] Actually the source is and has always been Giskard. A post responding to a trouble-maker cannot be the source, the source is that to which the responding post relates to. [quote]Can anybody here guess why I find this interesting[/quote] Okay I'll guess... you like stirring up trouble? [quote]The Better Cities people are already getting idiots to abuse our feedback links[/quote] Don't call people idiots, it's insulting and might encourage them to retaliate. We don't know who they are though, we didn't employ them. [quote]and have started using proxy servers favoured by hackers (literally hacker run proxy servers) so they can attack this site[/quote] Not us. [quote]They did the same thing last year to mechstorm[/quote] Not us. [quote=Conner]That's pretty amusng stuff, Troll. I especially liked the repeated remark by Giskard about fake names. So, I guess that means we can all fully expect that "Giskard" is the name that appears on his birth certificate and driver's license too?[/quote] No, no, his real name is Mr Guildmaster. First name The. [quote]I rather expect even in the UK they have charges they can file to arrest someone who reports crimes that haven't been committed. Especially since any "evidence" he could possibly come up with would qualify as tampered with, at best, and entirely fabricated, at worst. [/quote] I warned Giskard about a year ago that calling the police on me for cyberstalking would almost certainly result in the police investigating him for cyberstalking and wasting police time. He quickly quietened down after that, so clearly I briefly broke through the cloud and he recognised the truth in my warning. [quote=AnImpatientFan [Anon]] Haha, my abuse of the feedback links paid off. Oh man I love my schools proxy server[/quote] That was naughty. I don't know what it means since I haven't ever looked at Giskard's feedback links, but it upset Giskard, so it must have been naughty. [quote=Hanaisse]Heh ... Better Better Citys ??? (the mods typo, not mine) That looks like a disaster waiting to happen. [/quote] Also nothing to do with us :) And no file yet either. The author of that Nexus page will be on Giskard's hitlist now. [quote=Conner]@Hanaisse: Certainly sounds like an overwhelming project at least. Maybe Giskard decided to create a new "fake name" and post that as a final stab at the BC team. ;) (I know, probably not, but I couldn't resist an obvious way to bring even this one back "on-topic". ;))[/quote] We've been trying to get modders to provide us with new interiors for our as-yet unused doors for two years. We pretty much gave up in the end, very few BC-users were modders too (or simply didn't want to). [quote]No idea what Carer is, doesn't matter[/quote] That might be the job-role of a person employed by Giskard's family, who registered on Giskard's behalf due to medica mental issues forbidding Giskard from registering himself? Gosh, this took almost my entire lunch hour, and I haven't even eaten yet!

[quote]That might be the job-role of a person employed by Giskard's family, who registered on Giskard's behalf due to medica mental issues forbidding Giskard from registering himself? [/quote] LOL yes

[quote=Samson]No idea what Carer is, doesn't matter. The point was that the UK registrar system is screwed up beyond belief if they don't offer privacy guard features. Also, yes, he was talking about a literal rock in the mod. It wasn't some kind of metaphor.[/quote] Well, it only matters in the sense that he's talking about people using fake names and yet his site is registered to a single word that doesn't look likely to be his name, even if he's someone like Madonna or Prince or Cher who are enough of celebrities to only need a single name... and the privacy guard feature thing is something that's only existed in the US even for the last decade or so. Back in the 90s the registration system was still the way it was originally intended. People registered a domain and the registration carried only real information in case someone needed to be contacted, be it to notify them of a problem with their site or to serve them legally. If he's really talking about some specific rock, he's not only delusional, in that we already know no one moved any of his rocks or would have any reason to do so, but also well beyond a bit petty. [quote=tres grande baton ;D]that might be giskards name[/quote] I most sincerely doubt it. Even if he were enough of a celebrity to only have a single word as his name (no separate first/last names as is the custom in most parts of the world now that general populace has exceeded that of biblical times), I think we'd all recognize the name in question. I certainly don't recognize that word, do you? [quote=Vorians]Quote tags don't actually seem to be working, maybe I used too many? Anyway you can see the tags, so know what is quote and what is not.[/quote] [quote=Sandbox]Edited by Samson on Sep 6, 2010 11:02 am[/quote] Looks like Samson took care of it for you. :biggrin: [quote=Vorians]That's not a very good way to make a patch. Much better to use a new ESP from the outset rather than use the CS to create a difference plugin. I do agree that not even an ESM can touch Giskard's rocks though, that'd just cause the worldspace glitch in-game. Anyway patches don't edit the mods they patch, as the patched mod is never edited. Instead the patch is edited, and moves things around to improve compatibility. Removing the patch reverts Giskard's rocks to where they were originally, thus proving that the original mod was never edited.[/quote] So, basically, aside from his delusional rantings about people trying to rip him off by supplying patches that don't do what he thinks they do in order to make his mods usable by those players who want to experience them while still also using other mods like Better Cities, his entire basis for all this nonsense has been over someone shifting a single rock a few feet (inches?) so it would be embedded into something else that already otherwise exists in that space?? [quote=Vorians]Ooh, ooh! I know, I know! Giskard! He's been "cyberstalking me and several other modders for more than two years now, and keeps posting lies and abuse about us on his private web site where those being lied about aren't allowed to respond! Does Giskard qualify, Giskard?[/quote] Well, even if by some stretch he doesn't qualify for cyberstalking, he certainly would qualify for libel at this point under those conditions. At least, that's how it works here in the U.S. anyway. [quote=Vorians]Don't call people idiots, it's insulting and might encourage them to retaliate. We don't know who they are though, we didn't employ them.[/quote] Good point. Calling someone names isn't going to help you, especially if it's a matter that you've already invoked the police over. [quote=Vorians][quote=Conner]That's pretty amusng stuff, Troll. I especially liked the repeated remark by Giskard about fake names. So, I guess that means we can all fully expect that "Giskard" is the name that appears on his birth certificate and driver's license too?[/quote] No, no, his real name is Mr Guildmaster. First name The.[/quote] Wait, so his driver's license, passport, birth certificate, etc all would reflect that his given name is The Guildmaster? Not Carer, not Giskard? Hmm, and who's using fake names online then? Somehow I suspect that even "The Guildmaster" still isn't his real name either though. [quote=Vorians][quote=Conner]I rather expect even in the UK they have charges they can file to arrest someone who reports crimes that haven't been committed. Especially since any "evidence" he could possibly come up with would qualify as tampered with, at best, and entirely fabricated, at worst.[/quote] I warned Giskard about a year ago that calling the police on me for cyberstalking would almost certainly result in the police investigating him for cyberstalking and wasting police time. He quickly quietened down after that, so clearly I briefly broke through the cloud and he recognised the truth in my warning.[/quote] I hold that this is the real reason he's "shutting down" online operations and removing all his libelous posts and such. Some lawyer advised him that his claims weren't going to win him anything except an invitation to appear before a judge and the distinct possibility of free meals and accommodations provided by the crown in a small room for a few years with the added bonus of a brand new friend who gets to share it all with him, especially if he ever bends down in the shower... Scotland Yard is always "looking for a few good men" ...to put behind bars. ;) Some folks never quite get that there's a very real line you just don't cross and, should you ever accidentally slide a toe over it, you immediately retreat with a hasty apology... [quote=Vorians][quote=Conner]@[color=yellow]Hanaisse[/color]: Certainly sounds like an overwhelming project at least. Maybe Giskard decided to create a new "fake name" and post that as a final stab at the BC team. ;) (I know, probably not, but I couldn't resist an obvious way to bring even this one back "on-topic". ;))[/quote] We've been trying to get modders to provide us with new interiors for our as-yet unused doors for two years. We pretty much gave up in the end, very few BC-users were modders too (or simply didn't want to).[/quote] Seriously? Hmm, I know a couple of really good modders.. they happen to be pretty busy at the moment, but when they're done with their current projects, I'll try to remember to nudge Samson, Dwip, and Sigurd (and maybe Hanaisse too by then) into considering that proposition. :whistle: [quote=Vorians][quote=Samson]No idea what Carer is, doesn't matter[/quote] That might be the job-role of a person employed by Giskard's family, who registered on Giskard's behalf due to medica mental issues forbidding Giskard from registering himself?[/quote] You know, I'd almost forgotten that in the UK there are some words that we just don't generally use over here or that we use in a slightly different way. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carer]Carer[/url] seems to be the British equivalent to [url=http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=define:+caregiver]Caregiver[/url] here in the U.S., so that actually makes enough sense that it might actually stand to shed quite a bit of light on Giskard's entire situation with y'all for the last couple of years or so. :facepalm: [quote=Vorians]Gosh, this took almost my entire lunch hour, and I haven't even eaten yet![/quote] Welcome to my world. :headbang: Seriously, that's exactly what I feel like some days when I wake up to find 15+ new posts here, 10+ new posts at the next site, 30+ new posts at the next site, and so on. It can be frustrating. Of course, I usually also get the fun comments from folks like The_Fury about my huge responses because of it afterward too. :rolleyes: Never mind that my response was only that huge in the first place because they chose to post so much before I could respond to begin with. ;) :lol:

Um, Samson, why isn't it displaying my post? Did I type too much? Did it flake over my tag usage? Did I include too many emoticons? :(

[quote=Conner]Wait, so his driver's license, passport, birth certificate, etc all would reflect that his given name is The Guildmaster? Not Carer, not Giskard? Hmm, and who's using fake names online then? Somehow I suspect that even "The Guildmaster" still isn't his real name either though. [/quote] You should use Google Translate on my posts like I do on yours, you're just not seeing the humour I spend many many hours deliberating over to come up with the right phrase to portray the correct level of proper British jokery. I can eat my lunch now.

I'm glad I'm not involved in that friendly debate. Hey everybody, the alpha for [url=http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34484]Hammerfell[/url] just got released! Why aren't you downloading it? The only acceptable answer is: because I already did, leave me alone I'm trying to explore Hammerfell now!

[quote=Samson]Well apparently it doesn't like nesting the size tag, so I took it out.[/quote] :sigh: Thanks, Samson. Sorry to have given you another post to have to edit today. [i]stupid nested tag combination issues[/i] [quote=Vorians]You should use Google Translate on my posts like I do on yours, you're just not seeing the humour I spend many many hours deliberating over to come up with the right phrase to portray the correct level of proper British jokery. I can eat my lunch now.[/quote] Perhaps that [b]is[/b] the problem. And, to think, I used to be quite the fan of BBC comedy shows... By all means, do enjoy your lunch now. Though, I really would've thought that at roughly 9pm, you'd be having a different meal. Unless you're working 2nd shift? [quote=Samson]We're Americans. British humor is regarded as an oxymoron here [/quote] :snicker: @[color=yellow]Troll[/color]: I'm not really sure why you and he are still bothering this debate, I would agree with your assessment that those things certainly don't "prove" that you're Arthmoor given that, as you said: Arthmoor's mods are easily amongst the best out there, Giskard is a dick, and Rpeh was wrong about that bug. :shrug:

[quote=Vorians]Hey everybody, the alpha for Hammerfell just got released! Why aren't you downloading it? The only acceptable answer is: because I already did, leave me alone I'm trying to explore Hammerfell now![/quote] Actually, I've got an even better two part answer for you: It's still Alpha and at 159 MB it'd kill my download limits for the day on me if I didn't wait another 10 hours to consider downloading it.

I think it's just the size tag that's causing problems really. Not exactly sure why though. Maybe it needs to be in a different order in processing or something. Hammerfell spotted and downloaded and preparing to be installed :) Tiber Septim is still at it with that stupid post about the amulet? Also, how does one define "most stable"? If mod A and mod B don't cause the game to crash, then aren't they both by definition "stable"? So just how does one produce something more stable than that? Hardly seems like a point worth spending time debating. As for Tiber being Giskard... the timestamps on that blog do lead one to wonder....

[quote=Vorians]Hey everybody, the alpha for Hammerfell just got released! Why aren't you downloading it?[/quote] Because it's alpha. [quote=Vorians]We've been trying to get modders to provide us with new interiors for our as-yet unused doors for two years.[/quote] [quote=Conner]Seriously? Hmm, I know a couple of really good modders.. they happen to be pretty busy at the moment, but when they're done with their current projects, I'll try to remember to nudge Samson, Dwip, and Sigurd (and maybe Hanaisse too by then) into considering that proposition.[/quote] Sure, I'll consider it. Later. Too much going on right now. @Troll: Grow up. Seriously. Samson does not need you to fight battles for him. He's mature enough to let it go.

[quote=Conner]By all means, do enjoy your lunch now. Though, I really would've thought that at roughly 9pm, you'd be having a different meal.[/quote] Well I only just finished spending many many hours deliberating over the right phrase to portray the correct level of proper British jokery, and thus was unable to consume my lunch at the appropriate time. I did stop for supper however, so maybe I should skip lunch now. Some mods should certainly be avoided if released as alpha (unless you're testing), but I feel that a mod on the scope and scale of Hammerfell ought to be worth a download and run-around even at alpha-stage.

[quote=Samson]I think it's just the size tag that's causing problems really. Not exactly sure why though. Maybe it needs to be in a different order in processing or something.[/quote] I don't know, I just know it's far from the first time I've run into trouble with nested tags here and it doesn't seem like it's consistently the same ones. :shrug: [quote=Samson]Tiber Septim is still at it with that stupid post about the amulet? Also, how does one define "most stable"? If mod A and mod B don't cause the game to crash, then aren't they both by definition "stable"? So just how does one produce something more stable than that? Hardly seems like a point worth spending time debating. As for Tiber being Giskard... the timestamps on that blog do lead one to wonder....[/quote] Yup, seems to be. :shrug: That's why I changed it slightly when I agreed with his stance. I figure your mods are certainly amongst the best mods out there, but I've got no way to even try to argue about their stability versus most other mods that also don't crash the game with any real frequency. Indeed, though, honestly, that's probably not really worth spending time debating either. :lol: [quote=Hanaisse]Sure, I'll consider it. Later. Too much going on right now.[/quote] That's why I'd suggested "they happen to be pretty busy at the moment, but when they're done with their current projects". ;) But, now that you've already essentially agreed to the project, I won't need to nudge y'all about it later afterall. ;) [quote=Hanaisse]@Troll: Grow up. Seriously. Samson does not need you to fight battles for him. He's mature enough to let it go.[/quote] :lol: True enough, really. [quote=Vorians]Well I only just finished spending many many hours deliberating over the right phrase to portray the correct level of proper British jokery, and thus was unable to consume my lunch at the appropriate time. I did stop for supper however, so maybe I should skip lunch now.[/quote] You're quite an amusing fellow. Did you know that? As for catching up on the lunch you managed to skip, if you're at all concerned about your diet, then you probably shouldn't make up for the missed meal, otherwise, it sounds like a lovely excuse to grab another bite. ;) [quote=Vorians]Some mods should certainly be avoided if released as alpha (unless you're testing), but I feel that a mod on the scope and scale of Hammerfell ought to be worth a download and run-around even at alpha-stage.[/quote] If I were at least a little familiar with the mod in question, I might agree with you. As it s, all I can go by is what was posted in it's description and it's file size. In those terms it's scope is striking me as considerably impaired by being quite unfinished and it's size is too big to download multiple times as the team presents updates unless I really am beta testing for them. (I'm probably not a good candidate for beta testing in Oblivion in all honesty.) So, I'll add it to my growing list of mods that are likely to be well worth checking out once they're complete and keep an eye on it for now instead.

:sigh: How nice. While I will agree that his deletion of your post isn't exactly confidence inspiring for his side of the debate, your debate kind of sunk to his level when you started responding to the name calling. Samson really is quite capable of fighting his own battles and he wouldn't have bothered to post anonymously unless the site forced him to, and then he'd have signed his name to his posts. On the other hand, I am a little curious about what the flower next to each post means and what the orange and white symbol next to Tiber's posts are about, but I can't say that I'm curious enough to bother visiting the site to find out. :shrug:

Yeah, and fighting a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent wouldn't be fair. In other interesting news, Giskard posted a link from somewhere within his site to the AFK Mods site :)

I don't even know where on UESP that is! Tiber Septim seems a little childish however if he/she feels the need to publicly post insulting mispellings of other people's names. Maybe that funny orange symbol means Tiber Septim is a blog administrator? Since Anonymous' post got deleted and then Tiber Septim posted to gloat that he was capable of getting people's posts deleted, this suggests Tiber Septim himself deleted it. Sure was nice of Giskard to continue to promote your mods, Samson & dwip.