Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

[color=yellow]Donner:[/color] [quote]. Since all the other forums don't allow talking abbout him. (Which is fucked up in a way: an individual is so controversial, talking about him is a bannable offence. [/quote] Quite an absurd situation when a Guild Master can sit in his own forum, badmouthing the Beth forum community (who's members can even respond) and it's modearator, and even enforce his own laws on Beth forums. It's one thing to make your own members not discuss the EG outside the EG or even provide a link to it. But why should member of the Beth forum abide by these insane laws? And why do the moderators allow it? :crazy:

[quote=Dallen]If you your mod list to the player help thread, and any mod that any of you are known to have contributed to: insta-ban[/quote] You're stretching the truth there Dallen.

@Above... What? I have completed the archive, like I said, if they ever get pulled from Fileplanet I will upload them on probaly Mediafire for everyone to use. Crediting Giskard for his work of course. EDIT: Just look at his website now, I have had enough of this shit, the mods will be avaliable as soon as he removes them.

[quote=AnImpatientFan]@ Conner. That's what I have already compiled.[/quote] Huh? Sorry, this thread's been going so fast and furious lately that I've lost track I guess... [quote=Dallen]Well, yea, unless GM is having a rant at the moment, mentioning you, vorians,onra, ismelda, and a few others is a bannable offence on TEG. You don't even have to mention your name. If you your mod list to the player help thread, and any mod that any of you are known to have contributed to: insta-ban. (for supporting trolls) [/quote] Damn, that's more than extreme, it's downright witch-hunt levels. :stare: [quote=PetrusOctavianus][color=yellow]Donner[/color]: [quote]. Since all the other forums don't allow talking abbout him. (Which is fucked up in a way: an individual is so controversial, talking about him is a bannable offence.[/quote][/quote] Wait, who?? Did I miss greeting someone? :( [quote=Hanaisse]It definitely wasn't me. I avoid fileplanet at all costs.[/quote] You know, it'd be really ironic if it proved to have been Giskard... :lol: [quote=Anonymous]Kind of an unusual level of fame. Like how performing oral sex on Bill Clinton made Monica Lewinsky famous.[/quote] I'm going to second AnImpatientFan on this one: What?!? Care to explain?? [quote=AnImpatientFan] Just look at his website now, I have had enough of this shit, the mods will be avaliable as soon as he removes them.[/quote] Um, I suppose I really don't even want to know. Like Hanaisse, I avoid FilePlanet in general, so I guess perhaps if you put them up somewhere, maybe I'll grab a copy just so I can see what the fuss is about, but I'm really not so sure I want to install his mods, particularly after hearing how much effort is required in cleaning them up to use them and patching to make them compatible with those of others and... Now, let's see how many new posts appeared while I was trying to catch up here, shall we? :sigh:

[quote=Anonymous]Kind of an unusual level of fame. Like how performing oral sex on Bill Clinton made Monica Lewinsky famous.[/quote] Not sure who this is directed toward, but it needs an explanation anyway. [quote=AnImpatientFan]Just look at his website now[/quote] I would, but he's blocked my IP and apparently has begun blocking Tor exit nodes too. That level of paranoia is not worth dealing with.

[color=yellow]Samson:[/color] [quote] I would, but he's blocked my IP and apparently has begun blocking Tor exit nodes too. That level of paranoia is not worth dealing with.[/quote] Glarthir and Giskard had more in common than just similar names...

:lol: No worries, PetrusOctavianus, it just threw me because it was close to my name but not my name and it wasn't me being quoted... :shrug: You guys go and create a mod to spoof Giskard in-game and he'll really have reason to hate you all for real, you know. :lol:

[quote=Anonymous]Kind of an unusual level of fame. Like how performing oral sex on Bill Clinton made Monica Lewinsky famous.[/quote] That would be infamy then. If you're famous for the wrong reasons (for the bad/negative/unappealing/naughty/illegal/immoral things you do) then you're infamous, rather than famous. Presumably Anonymous was saying that Giskard is infamous for his personality when a modder should instead be famous for their mods.

And the famous/infamy debate... Ever since the saying "any publicity is good publicity" became popular, fame and infamy have become pretty much synonymous. Serial killer or president, the how doesn't matter, the tv facetime is all important.

Funny, I just found lots of his mods on a well known German site. One has to wonder if they left them dirty after translation to avoid the infamous Giskard wrath. Or if he even knows. Germans have much more self-respect than that. :shrug:

well he allows people to translate his mods freely so i dont know, maybe those germans, who by the way are awesome people for modding german modding communities make really something awesome, look at Nehrim: at Fates Edge for oblivion, you know they make awesome stuff. But probably yes, they know better :cool:

I don't think Anonymous' statement was so unclear as to meaning in so much as it was unclear as to who it was being directed to and what had brought it up. IE, it was rather 'out of the blue' there. [quote=Anonymous]Serial killer or president, the how doesn't matter, the tv facetime is all important.[/quote] So, what do you get when the President is a serial killer? ...sorry, got sidetracked there... [quote=Hanaisse]Funny, I just found lots of his mods on a well known German site. One has to wonder if they left them dirty after translation to avoid the infamous Giskard wrath. Or if he even knows. Germans have much more self-respect than that.[/quote] So, are you saying they'd probably have too much self-respect to leave their translations incomplete by not cleaning them, or that they'd probably have too much self-respect to violate his clearly expressed wishes by cleaning them for potential downloaders? [quote=tres grande baton ;D]well he allows people to translate his mods freely so i dont know, maybe those germans,[/quote] (Sorry, would've quoted the rest, but I think you lost your train of thought after that second comma... anyway, if he freely allows translations, and he doesn't know German, it could certainly be construed that the cleaning process was part of the translation process. After all, everyone knows that sometimes things get lost in translation and sometimes things have to be altered slightly in translation, so how could he object? ;) Maybe the BC team should've simply claimed they weren't cleaning his mods but simply translating them to American for him... :D

[quote=Conner]Maybe the BC team should've simply claimed they weren't cleaning his mods but simply translating them to American for him... :D[/quote] We didn't clean his files. I never did in any way. Vorians did work on some of his mods as part of Dragon Captions team. BC Team has nothing to do with this. Don't mix up things...

Oops. I forgot to log in again for my previous comment. I know you didn't meant that literally Conner but with the zaelots lurking around we must stick to the facts or they will launch another campaign saying that we admitted something while BC Team never touched his mods.

No, no, no, Ismelda, I didn't say that you had, I said that "[b]Maybe[/b] the BC team [b]should've[/b]", as in, hypothetically, you [b][i]should[/i] have[/b] done this. I guess even though we all realize that you never actually did anything of the sort it does need to be emphasized since Giskard and his Zealots lurk here regularly and like to try to twist things to their own nefarious purposes.

And I only did it at the request of DC team, who had permission from Giskard to edit and upload his mods, so I had no way of knowing he needed to approve what they did and that he hadn't approved it. And no, no one was bullied into releasing the files after cleaning, in spite of Giskard's claims.

[quote](Sorry, would've quoted the rest, but I think you lost your train of thought after that second comma... [/quote] sorry about that! But translators can possibly also change mods because of just cultural differences, for example if a mod had samosa's as food types maybe some people would not understand or get what those are so the translators would change it to bread or something similar.