Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

Ok, you win. Does anyone know if "Librapoet's Blades Expanded" even exists anymore. I never picked up this one before he was sacked.

[quote]He's purged all blog and news posts relating to TES, so (as I expected he'd do a long time ago, surprised it only happened now) he's removed all evidence from his site of badmouthing us. Any links on Samson's blog post here will no longer work.[/quote] This is exactly the reason why I have been quoting the articles I linked because I know he can remove them or rephrase them at will to make us the bad mouthing persons in the story. With that kind on madman you can never be too sure. Of course he can still change his post and say he never said what was quoted in the first place but I wont take screenshots like he does. Useless waste of time. Also, let people who want to stay anonymous stay that way. It is their choice.

well ive made an account but when i put the password the email this site gaveme and my username it never logs me in, sorta messed up but im cool posting this this

Vorians: [quote]He's purged all blog and news posts relating to TES, so (as I expected he'd do a long time ago, surprised it only happened now) he's removed all evidence from his site of badmouthing us. Any links on Samson's blog post here will no longer work.[quote] Ismelda: [/quote] This is exactly the reason why I have been quoting the articles I linked because I know he can remove them or rephrase them at will to make us the bad mouthing persons in the story. With that kind on madman you can never be too sure. Of course he can still change his post and say he never said what was quoted in the first place but I wont take screenshots like he does. Useless waste of time. [/quote] Personally I've downloaded the entire threads where he has badmouthed me and the other "trolls", "fcom guys", "mod cleaners" and "better city people". It's funny just how nasty the leader of the friendly ("or else!") EG can be while he constantly breaks his own rules.

@ Vorians: Building didn't publicly thank you on his download page for all your help. Librapoet did.(Thank Onra, I mean) In general: Librapoet's Blades Expanded is on Nexus, the required .esm file, however is not. :sad:

[quote=AnonymousForAReason] As you can see I've formalized things. Its kinda fun chatting to the 'evil bad guys' :biggrin:[/quote] Ok now that we got you in our nest: Hand over your mods so we can rip them off!!! [quote=PetrusOctavianus]Personally I've downloaded the entire threads where he has badmouthed me and the other "trolls", "fcom guys", "mod cleaners" and "better city people". It's funny just how nasty the leader of the friendly ("or else!";) EG can be while he constantly breaks his own rules.[/quote] If you want I can put them on my Better Cities server for free access to pure trolling.

And it wasn't one of those things where your name appears in a list of "i'd like to thank", either. It was like a 4 sentence paragraph in the description, close to the middle.

Oh, yea. part of the reason for the sudden stopping making mods for ES users is the existance of this thread. Ironcally, if Giskard hadn't taken a screenshot of another blogpost by Samson and used it as "proof of the evil trollish conspiracy",then this thread would probably not exist (or be a lot shorter.) Also, some of us didn't know this site existed until Giskard directed the entire EG to it!

Thanks for linking here Giskard! Ismelda and I both agreed that if he'd been left unchallenged, he would simply have kept lying and being abusive. It's only because a site allowed us to respond to his lies that the truth has become readily available, making it much more difficult for him to keep making his claims. And it certainly helped that Giskard even directed his own followers to the truth. While unobstructed he could just keep going, but as soon as he hit an obstruction, he backed off rather than keep trying to put us down.

Dallen: [quote]Oh, yea. part of the reason for the sudden stopping making mods for ES users is the existance of this thread. Ironcally, if Giskard hadn't taken a screenshot of another blogpost by Samson and used it as "proof of the evil trollish conspiracy",then this thread would probably not exist (or be a lot shorter.) Also, some of us didn't know this site existed until Giskard directed the entire EG to it! [/quote] He he, that's too true. That certainly was how I discovered this place. :grinning: Too bad Giskard did not concentrate on making mods instead of fighting (mostly imaginary) trolls. But I guess he was finally so caught up in his own web of lies and false accusations that making a clean break was the only way out.

[url=http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/news/707-feedback-links-back]Mysteries inside Mysteries[/url] [quote=Giskard]It seems some of you have managed to reach me anyway so I am restoring the feedback links, seems pointless hiding them when its not stopping the emails. I will remind folk that the feedback links are logged and you can be traced via them. So best not abuse them. I could clear up some rumours that have spread but since my rights mean nothing to Elder Scrolls people, I am not going. (Edited: Have fun.)[/quote] So it seems he is already back. But what are those rumours he is talking about? That sure sound ominous. Take cover people! [quote=Giskard]How you destroy your community is no concern of mine any more so I'll leave you to do what you do best.[/quote] That the new addition to his previous post. So we drove away the only person who could help rebuild the community. Can you believe that? Are we just insane???

[quote=Ismelda] But what are those rumours he is talking about? That sure sound ominous. Take cover people![/quote] I'll bet a dollar to a donut at least part of it is what I said about Librapoet vis-a-vis Onra. The Giskard version claims it was for not giving proper credit and not being able to prove having permission to use the resources. (We'll ignore the fact that the resources author gives permission for anyone to use). All that being said, where exactly are his rights being violated? His right to keep his guildmates from talking to people? Oh, yea-Ismelda forgot to quote the part where he thinks we're destroying our own community-uh, who exactly picked up their toys and went home to hide in the little cubby?

Sheesh, am I the only one here who takes a break to do other things like sleep and deal with family and such?? :lol: [quote=tres grande baton ;D]will there still be patches made for them to support other mods??[/quote] I would think that patches would still get made for the last released versions but that patches wouldn't need to continue being made after that since they're not going to change further if Giskard's abandoning making the mods. (Unless whatever the patch was for compatibility with changed in such a way as to require re-patching of everything an existing patch was for.) [quote=AnImpatientFan]Other than:[/quote] That looks, to me, like quite a sizable exception list... [quote=Anonymous for a reason]Thanks for the welcome Connor :) I like to hear both sides if possible and have been looking for this site since a certain blog mentioned it. Some of Giskards behavior (okay alot) worries me but when I signed up I agreed to certain conditions and won't break them. Course if I get banned thats a different story ;)[/quote] You're quite welcome, I'm sort of the unofficial site greeter. ;) Always a good practice, and I'm glad that you found us. Even if Vorians believes that you're Giskard in disguise, I would think this statement in itself would help dispense with that belief unless you're really just fishing but I honestly think we've expressed our opinions of Giskard enough already to not need that sort of silly fishing expedition. :shrug: (Honestly, I suspect that AnImpatientFan's guess was the closest, but I happen to agree with Samson in that if you're electing to be anonymous here not because you haven't registered but by active choice then your wish to do so should be respected and I won't pry at all.) Sounds fair and reasonable enough. Yes, I'd think that being banned would basically be saying that all bets (and previous agreements) are off. :lol: [quote=Vorians]He's purged all blog and news posts relating to TES, so (as I expected he'd do a long time ago, surprised it only happened now) he's removed all evidence from his site of badmouthing us. Any links on Samson's blog post here will no longer work.[/quote] Naturally. You suppose he finally realized that Samson was right way back before this thread was started when he told him that if he wasn't careful he could find himself being charged with cyber-stalking over all this? [quote=Samson]Well all his praise he heaped on Fileplanet seems ill placed since I just found a copy of A Brotherhood Renewed sitting there and *I* did not upload it to the site. Time to find out just how responsive the FileOps people really are.[/quote] How nice. :surprised: Are we sure this isn't something Hanaisse or someone trying to help you spread the new mod did in a innocent effort to aide the cause? (It wasn't me, but I can't speak for others.) [quote=Dallen]Oh, yea. part of the reason for the sudden stopping making mods for ES users is the existance of this thread. Ironcally, if Giskard hadn't taken a screenshot of another blogpost by Samson and used it as "proof of the evil trollish conspiracy",then this thread would probably not exist (or be a lot shorter.) Also, some of us didn't know this site existed until Giskard directed the entire EG to it![/quote] [quote=Vorians[/quote]Thanks for linking here Giskard![/quote] Indeed, we've gained so many nice new friends lately thanks to Giskard's singularly silly action of making a big deal out of Samson's one comment which in turn instigated this thread which has ultimately been Giskard's own demise... Way to go, G! :lol: [quote=PetrusOctavianus]He he, that's too true. That certainly was how I discovered this place. :grinning: Too bad Giskard did not concentrate on making mods instead of fighting (mostly imaginary) trolls. But I guess he was finally so caught up in his own web of lies and false accusations that making a clean break was the only way out.[/quote] And we're glad to have you! :) Yes, it is a shame for him. From what I've heard here, many of his mods are actually quite good once they're cleaned up, so it's a lose to everyone, in a sense, that he's throwing in the towel. At the same time though, who needs someone, no matter how good their mods are, if they're really only in it to try to be jerks to everyone? (Btw, quoting here opens with quote=name between the square brackets and closes with /quote between the square brackets. ;)) [quote=IsmeldaLasombra][quote=Giskard]It seems some of you have managed to reach me anyway so I am restoring the feedback links, seems pointless hiding them when its not stopping the emails. I will remind folk that the feedback links are logged and you can be traced via them. So best not abuse them. I could clear up some rumours that have spread but since my rights mean nothing to Elder Scrolls people, I am not going. (Edited: Have fun.)[/quote] So it seems he is already back. But what are those rumours he is talking about? That sure sound ominous. Take cover people! [quote=Giskard]How you destroy your community is no concern of mine any more so I'll leave you to do what you do best.[/quote] That the new addition to his previous post. So we drove away the only person who could help rebuild the community. Can you believe that? Are we just insane???[/quote] :lol: I'm not too worried, we've been hearing about these nasty rumours that we've been spreading since day one. So far many of them have been mildly entertaining once he revealed what they were so we'd know about them too. ;) Yes, of course we're all insane.. to have put up with him for as long as y'all did before this thread came along anyway... :whistle:

I find it amusing that I've had this blog linked to my BGS, TESA, and Nexus profiles the whole time and only after Giskard publishes links to it do people start coming here in significant numbers :) Probably not what he had in mind, but there it is. I'm laying odds that he'll be back and involved in Oblivion modding in about 6 months on a new website with a new forum, and it'll probably be even more "advanced" than what he's got now. Every time he's done this he's returned with a website more technically capable than the last. Maybe this is all nothing more than a cycle of development for him, who knows. It's an odd way of doing things if that's the case.

Actually, it's possible that it's purely financial; before he went on his latest "The world is against me" rant, he did say something about the possibility of having to get rid of some content for cost control.

[quote=Samsom]I find it amusing that I've had this blog linked to my BGS, TESA, and Nexus profiles the whole time and only after Giskard publishes links to it do people start coming here in significant numbers Probably not what he had in mind, but there it is. [/quote] Until Giskard published links, I had never heard of you, i mean outside whichever rant Giskard was on at the moment. Since all the other forums don't allow talking abbout him. (Which is fucked up in a way: an individual is so controversial, talking [i]about[/i] him is a bannable offence. :huh:

Have to wonder if that says something about how insular TEG really is when people there haven't even heard of me. I mean, just go poke around on BGS, you'll probably find something I posted there without much effort. I don't post much on Nexus or TESA, but still. Google searches I do from time to time turn my stuff up being used in all sorts of places, or at least being discussed anyway. Places you wouldn't think of like Something Awful. Yes, banning people for discussing Giskard is odd, but that doesn't generally happen. Threads get locked and posts deleted, but you have to go pretty far with it before BGS bans you over it. Nexus moderators are a bit more intense about it, but both sites have very good reasons for not wanting him or his mods discussed. The flamewars that erupt last for days, very often stoked by members of his own site.

@ Samson. Well, yea, unless GM is having a rant at the moment, mentioning you, vorians,onra, ismelda, and a few others is a bannable offence on TEG. You don't even have to mention your name. If you your mod list to the player help thread, and any mod that any of you are known to have contributed to: insta-ban. (for supporting trolls) As it turns out, I had had 2 of your mods for quite a while. Then you started this thread, and there was more than one voice in the wilderness, and I became not afraid to try wrye bash; which made it possible to try even more mods. :biggrin: