Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

[quote=Samson]Unfortunately Conner and I have, and no matter how much drama Giskard has stirred up, even he hasn't approach levels we've both seen elsewhere.[/quote] Well, in fairness, even if they managed to avoid quite a bit of it, Dwip, Haniasse, and The_Fury were all there too for most of it, on all fronts. :rolleyes: [quote=Samson]Granted, that doesn't mean he won't turn his guns on Fallout 3 and those very same tools (FO3Edit, Gary Bash) but he hadn't made any indications in that direction up to this point.[/quote] This had ocurred to me too, but as Dallen points out, there are far fewer FO3 mods to be threatened/threatening by/for him. :shrug: [quote=Dallen]Then again, I could just as easily see Giskard,Ismelda, and Vorians at their local having a laugh at us poor players who think this is real. :evil:[/quote] Actually, I could see this, but I'm not sure they'd have thought to bring Samson into the fold through a negative action as it were if it was all just a staged act for public amusement. There'd have been too great a chance of his deciding to take legal action instead of just blogging about it. :shrug: [quote=Dallen]Well, you've got to admit, the Giskard character makes the perfect poe[/quote] Oh, I don't know about perfect, but, he does work for the role. ;)

Giskard gave up modding for FO3 when they released a patch which made all ESP-based mods break, or something (never played the game myself, so don't know exact details). I believe Elminster produced a tool to get around this, but of course Giskard couldn't use that so he instead proclaimed that modding for FO3 was now impossible and gave up. His mods are still available, he transferred them all to Fileplanet and hasn't suggested (yet) that he's pulling them down again this time.

Hello people, I'm the troll responsible for posting here the super secret plan of the (petty) man behind TEG. I just wanted to say that I'm not affiliated to the BC or OC (or any other) team and was not asked to do what I did by any of them (so, Giskard, don't accuse them of that too). My post was anonymous to avoid a ban, and it's anonymous now to avoid harassment from his minions. I registered to TEG forum months ago when posting was required for dl the mods. I didn't know the exact reasons behind the fight between G and the rest of the world but I was inclined to believe that he had some point, mostly because I think editing a mod without the permission of its creator is not a polite thing to do (I'm referring to the KA incident). However, after checking his mods and reading his posts I started to think that something was wrong. How can a modder that release mods full of dirty edits proclaim himself a god modder? How come he wasn't able, in months and years, to fix his mods for bugs that he knew about? And still he trash-talks OBSE, Bash and pretty much every modding tool, and pictures an entire community as a bunch of trolls and incompetent modders. And then I read about his twisted raning-cows masterplan, which would have involved innocent players in his childish war. When I found this place (btw, Arthmoor, why iguanadons?) I just thought it was time to let people know what kind of person the G-Man is. That's all. PS. Ismelda, kudos for your posts on cheggit, that's really some good stuff.

[quote]Yep, the troll team behind FCOM has just released an update for Oblivion WarCry. I'm sure it was with the same method.[/quote] Hadn't spotted that before, but obviously the folks at TEG aren't aware that WarCry's author publicly gave his permission for the update. They exist in such isolation that they have absolutely no clue what goes on in the rest of the community. As for why Iguanadons, head back to the first post in January of 2007 for the answer to that :)

[quote=Vorians]I believe Elminster produced a tool to get around this, but of course Giskard couldn't use that so he instead proclaimed that modding for FO3 was now impossible and gave up.[/quote] Gee, imagine that, he couldn't bring himself to use a construction tool someone came up with to fix inherent problems with modding for a game... who'd have expected that? :lol: [quote=Vorians]His mods are still available, he transferred them all to Fileplanet and hasn't suggested (yet) that he's pulling them down again this time.[/quote] Oooo, his mods are all still available? Well, quick, let me rush over to FilePlanet to grab them all before he remembers they're there..oh wait, between my bandwidth restrictions and FilePlanet's bandwidth restrictions maybe it's not worth it... oh well, add to that all the cleaning I'd have to do and then patching just to be able to use 'em, screw it. ;) [quote=Troll]I'm the troll responsible for posting here the super secret plan of the (petty) man behind TEG.[/quote] Thanks for sharing! :) [quote=Troll](btw, Arthmoor, why iguanadons?)[/quote] The real story has to do with a pet iguana, but it also fits his world domiation story of which you'd have to get the full details from him or Dwip. :shrug: [quote=Troll]I just thought it was time to let people know what kind of person the G-Man is.[/quote] Quite the winner, isn't he? We may have figured out what sort of fellow he was already, but an exta confirmation never hurts. ;) Well, all this talk about FO3 is making me want to see if I can progress my new character a bit in that game. My original character made the terrible mistake of completing the main story quest before he was done with quite a few other quests because he didn't realize that he was that close to completing the main story quest and now he's a useless set of save files. :(

[quote=Samson]As for why Iguanadons, head back to the first post in January of 2007 for the answer to that[/quote] Hmm, I'd entirely forgotten about [url=http://www.iguanadons.net/Empire-of-the-Iguanadons-1.html]this post[/url] from way back then. :lol:

[quote=Giskard's Website]Your IP address was blocked by JoomlaWatch, please contact the system administrator[/quote] :lol:

Aparently, He hasn't moved [i]all[/i] of his mods to fileplanet, yet. In any case, I guess between me and troll he got fed up with ES :whistle: I had been a regular contributor to his forum until recently. About 2-3 months back, he published his "proof" blogpost, and I followed the link to see what the 'trolls' where doing. I didn't see anything 'trollish' about anything anyone said there. Then he started banning ppl for the littlest thing. Then he banned librapoet ostensiously for not having permission to use resourses. The actual reason is Libra got help from Onra (another troll) on RIBO.

For Librapoet's sake, I sure hope he had his own copies of his stuff.

[url=http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34305]The Most Drastic of Measures[/url] Yes, this is not a joke. I will begin uploading soon.

Didn't know he was banned from Nexus, but if it's like past issues dealing with Giskard he probably made a false accusation of theft against him. Also, whoever that is planning to upload Giskard's stuff to Nexus is just going to get themselves banned for sure.

well this makes way more sense. but still this is teh internets so anything could be lies. but this seems to make a lot of sense to me after playing all of GM's mods and generally learning about all this beef from his website and forum. your guys' story sounds more sound :biggrin:

[quote=Anonymous for a reason, while sounding suspiciously like Giskard] Why was libra banned from nexus too if its just another Giskard thing? [/quote] According to the notice it was for flaming, and making unwarranted accusations of malware. So, I would take this as two seperate issues.

Well, at one point I decided that his mods just isn't worth the trouble. As a serious gamer I always give feedback to the mod makers in all communties in which I've been active (mainly Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale and Age of Wonders Shadow Magic forums) and most modders are happy to get any feedback in the form of bug reports and suggestions. Giskard is the only one who has been outright hostile, even though my comments were neutral matter of fact reports on conflicts. Such behaviour kind of taints the mods and it's rather frustrating not to be able to make honest comments on any bugs or problems that may arise when playing them. Even mods made by his minions and associates have that taint, so I stay clear of most of the Dragon Captions stuff, unless it's made by onra (if he's still with the DC), who seems like a nice guy. To me it's always a good sign when a modder posts a release thread for a new mod at the Beth forums, instead of working in isolation. That's a sign that they are not afraid of people commenting on their mods. And since the Beth forums don't have any of the rating stuff they don't attract the members of the peanut gallery at Nexus.

No, Giskard made DC get rid of Onra a long time ago. Allegedly, he "made" the DC team release clean versions of the mods; so Onra cast a knot spell on Giskard's panties. If your using any mod made by anyone Giskard doesn't approve of, it's always the other mods fault. The entire DC team are members of TEG. Most modders would be happy to get the attention from serious feed back. I mean I see Giskard's point if all your saying is "Your mod is a broken piece of shit". But 2 years of ranting, and moving about and throwing slapshots of obscurity is really childish. (It actually seems like 5 years!) Oh, and DC added some capes and stuff to their version which Giskard also didn't like.

Well I know I for one like seeing feedback, especially good feedback, but if I don't get the bad feedback I can't fix any problems people have either. Modders often have a blind spot when it comes to their own work and bugs don't necessarily show up because we get into a certain groove of testing and don't think the way players think. Giskard just happens to be one of the most prominent examples of modders with a heavy blind spot.

Well their SQL database is down right now, so who knows. EDIT: Yep, gone. Best not to mess around trying to upload that stuff anywhere. Giskard already put it all on Fileplanet anyway, so just go with that. Don't bother asking for me to put it up here, because I won't do that. Whatever Giskard may think, I'm not going to distribute his work without his permission. [quote=Akismet]There are 57 comments currently flagged as spam.[/quote] Looks like the spammers have returned after their long vacation.

[url=http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/forum/188-forum-rules-and-strikes/]Yes[/url]. Also - trip post fixed. Silly Sandbox. I think Buddah is giving you fair warning not to upload the file, you probably got lucky there.