Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

roflmao Now people can't use different names on different sites? Is this some law I'm not aware of? God forbid people change their nicks, especially if their display name is already in use (get it? lol). What a serious faux pas! Shame on you guys! And now we're the evil Better Cities site with the evil plot to take down the world. Oi. :lol:

Well Dwip and I have been attempting to achieve World Domination[sup][tm][/sup] for a good 15 years or so now. You're all just our unwitting pawns in the whole affair.

Thanks, Vorians, I just call 'em as I see 'em. ;) *Gasp!* He didn't?!? :lol: Yes, I can honestly say that we've probably all watched Babylon 5, though it seems some of us more closely than others. :P I know that, in the past, I've actually used other, very different, nicknames because I didn't want to use my real name nor a common alias, so I must be the worst of us, but even I generally use Conner or Conner Destron or some variant of that when I'm not using a variant of my real name. :shrug: I don't recall anyone (other than Giskard) declaring this the new official BC Team site, but I'll bet no one here would object if they did. Especially now that Giskard has "promoted" Samson to being an active member of the BC team... :lol: Well, yes, Samson, but that's an entirely separate matter from what Giskard seems to be prattling about. ;)

Here's something interesting. Current CUO Cities WIP for Giskard is Bruma. He's very proud to have incorporated features once common in the outdated mod IWR (Illumination Within Revived or something like that). This mod looked great, but was of course highly incompatible with mods changing the cities, and could only affect the vanilla-placed buildings, not those added or moved by mods. It also affected FPS badly. IWR was made obsolete a year or so ago by Ismelda (and others) with AWLS (Animated Window Lighting System and Chimneys), which gives the same visual effect (plus smoke from chimneys), but with no FPS impact at all, and with 100% compatibility with all mods, including mod-placed buildings (if using vanilla building statics). AWLS also provides a tool to make new building meshes provide the AWLS lighting effect, and if using one of the AWLS ESPs, provides timings for the lights to turn on and off. Giskard really should just leave window lighting to AWLS, which handles it much better than IWR ever did. If only there were a way to suggest it to him, but of course if anyone registered on his forums did, they'd likely be banned.

Oh, AWLS was Ismelda's? Nice job! :) Hey, even a bad modder could produce a good mod once in awhile, and Ismelda doesn't seem like a bad modder from what I've seen. ..as for Giskard's warped perspective, I have more of the impression that [i]he[/i] didn't make it matters far more than who did make it for it to automatically disqualify as a worthwhile mod. :rolleyes:

I lol'd. He's proud of sticking some fake light sources in front of the windows without even making the windows look lit? His isolation has cut him off from the advances of the last 4 years. He's still modding like it's 2006.

I guess it's unfair of us to bash his mod so much though. Because of his isolation, it's not surprising that he's still using methods from 2006. I shouldn't have brought it up, it was bad of me.

[url=http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/news/702-cuo-bruma-v1-and-curp-v126-released]CUO Bruma is released![/url] [quote][b]About Better Cities.[/b] [i]I know Better Cities people will rip this off as per usual without even attempting to ask for permission first. So I want to make something clear. The ESPs may not be edited. Anything that moves an item I have placed IS EDITING MY ESP and is a breach of my rights as a modder. I would point out that the person whos rights BC keeps fucking with is scripting things to happen in your games. So you really do not want to be pissing me off.[/i] If BC want BC Bruma and CUO Bruma to work side by side, they can edit their own mod and keep their grubby little hands off mine.[/quote] So once again we are trying to rip off your wonderful mod! God dammit, don't you understand that we don't do anything to your mods? Really you should try to grasp the knowledge of patching which requires no authorization from anyone as it doesn't touch to original esp. Your rights as a modder are the same as ours. We do not edit your mod, we patch it. It doesn't alter your esp at all but just use another esp that makes yours compatible with ours. So stop bitching around and learn something once in a while.

Oops I forgot to log in. So I guess I took another nickname for one post! Does that means I have thousand of other nicknames? Well... Yes it was me who posted previous comment under the name of "Anonymous [Anon]". Not ashamed of it!

[quote=Giskard]Anything that moves an item I have placed IS EDITING MY ESP[/quote] No. I'm afraid that's not how it works, Giskard. You need to go learn about [url=http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/De-Isolation_Tutorial]mod de-isolation[/url] and come back when you can speak from a position of authority on the subject, because right now you can't. This sort of thing was even possible with Morrowind, so it's not a concept you can claim to be unfamiliar with. As far as breaching your rights, you have none in the case of the ESP file. None of us do. Bethesda could swoop in and appropriate every last one of them and there'd be nothing you could do about it. The EULA specifically says everything we create with the CS is owned by them.

Some more madness from TEG forum. This is really incredible. Enjoy: The Guild Master QUOTE (Sam9 @ Aug 14 2010, 10:05 PM) I read that Better Cities made patches for: Origin of the Mage Guild CUO Bravil CUO Leyawiin CUO Chorrol I thought they won't get the permission. That is good news sam, thanks for the update. Now I can break the patches again in my next update Did I say that out loud...... You know these things just keep slipping out As for permissions, they love ripping off other modders, editing things without permission. Uploading those changed files without permission. Sneaking in to teams under different names and making edits. Posting slander about me for kicking off when they do that sort of thing. All in all they have ZERO respect for the original modder. Thats why I am having so much fun creating work for them They deserve it. JavaCroc817 Yep, the troll team behind FCOM has just released an update for Oblivion WarCry. I'm sure it was with the same method. For the next versions of the released CUO Cities mods, add Merchants Guild support for Leyawiin and add more content related to the RiverSide Gang in Bravil. Maybe make a new quest for the Mining Company in CUO Chorrol. And to break the OMG patch, add Merchants Guild support for it too! That way, with the new scripted quests, more things will undoubtedly break between CUO Cities and BC. And make sure to break BC compatiblity with CUO Bruma. The Guild Master Given what they have been up to in respects to ripping off my mods and all those games they love to play at the expense of my users and this site, I am waiting for their next dodgy deal to appear. After all thats how they work. And simply sticking to patches is not like them. One thing I have been thinking of for a while is a raining cows bug. Script my mods so if things are not exactly as I left them, the script starts using the very dangerous placeatme command to place cows high above each city and just let them fall 3 Cows every 5 seconds, raining down on the city with a days delay so any quickie test does not detect them until after release. That way when the patch is released and they do their usual quick test, they will miss it and players going to the city will suddenly see the cows falling caused by the BC patches. If I add it to the CUO Controller, they can patch CUO cities all they want, the controller and not the cuo cities files will be the thing controlling the cows. Then I tended to think it was a bad idea and perhaps chickens or pigs worked better PS btw I am in no way joking here. I am seriously thinking of doing this. The Guild Master Yup Crash was there when it really started, not sure if he saw it the OMG thread Dev akm and co invaded but he was definitely a user of that mod before they started causing me trouble. Still I must point out that I have every right to make it rain cows if a rock "I PLACED" is not exactly where I placed it and that editing my esp is infact against my licence and thats what those patches do. I may not cry for their removal, but that is my intended plan, to get them removed. Anybody that does not like raining cows might not like the ondeath script I had in mind for them which is a 2000m area effect 999pt fireball True is, this is only dangerous if the cow survives the fall. I could even make it a feature, the BC invasion of Tamriel, the Reign of the Exploding Cows. Sorry I main Rain So I disagree with those opposed to the idea, those who would be effected are in breach of my license anyway and simply do not care. But you can relax, years of trying not to break players games is not so easily forgotten, even if BC do not care about such things. I am more likely to build patrols and other heavily scripted features and make their life much harder and much less predictable. The Guild Master QUOTE (dallen68 @ Aug 16 2010, 05:37 PM) According to the BC teams latest ramblings: all esm's/esp's that use the CS are the intellectual property of Bethesda, so they think they have every right to edit your mods in any way they want and there is nothing you can do about it. The only thing that they'll say is your intellectual property is your models and textures and sounds and voice work-which you give permission to use. According to Ismelda, it's merely a professional courtesy (ie. nothing to do with legal matters) that they make patches instead of just uploading a "clenad and fxid" version of everthing. Nice to see them making excuses for ripping off other peoples work. Perhaps somebody should point out esps and esms are beths NOT THERE's. It would be interesting to see what would happen if beth actually said "if we own the esps, anybody can edit them" and apply that to every mod in the community. The resulting war would kill off oblivion modding for good and to the mass removal of existing work and the mass exodus from the modding community almost ever modder QUOTE (Harmy52 @ Aug 16 2010, 05:40 PM) I do have one question though, GM. What's stopping them from editing the Curp Controller to go against all your safeguards? Or even reversing the process? The only upside to it would be that it would create even more work for them. Good question The short answer is me, I update CURP constantly, thats a lot of updating for them to do. Also they lack my skill at making mods. So I can make it as easy or as hard to reverse engineer as I want. Which for me is something I have to do anyway, but for them its extra work in a field so complicated they are highly likely to screw it up. Plus I edit the esp and cover to an esm, you would have to covert the esm to an esp and then edit it before converting it back. What do you all think? Is he really not a genius?

Well, he clearly hasn't even read the Beth EULA if he doesn't believe that what it says is what it says. He ought to read it one day. Yet another piece of misinformation he is spreading around because he has chosen to remain ignorant on the subject he is talking about. Anyway, if he wants to intentionally break people's games with his mods, all he'll do is cause everyone to stop using his mods. What he intends is no different from uploading a mod in an EXE installer and knowingly including a virus in the installer, but specific to the game Oblivion rather than to the computer as a whole. If he decides to add cow-rain which only happens if a compatibility patch is being used, then the patch will disable the cow-rain so that it doesn't happen. Problem solved.

[quote] If he decides to add cow-rain which only happens if a compatibility patch is being used, then the patch will disable the cow-rain so that it doesn't happen. Problem solved. [/quote] Please be sure to take screenshots first, for the comedic value. Or are screenshots modifying his esp? So hard to keep track these days.

While it would be highly amusing to see fiery raining cows hitting the ground and exploding to kill everything in sight, that novelty would last all of about 10 seconds for most people trying to use his mods seriously. He also acts like it's some kind of humongous effort to make a patch to disable this entirely. One merely needs to find the script that actually does the work, and neuter it with a blank version. All without ever touching his precious ESM file.

OMG this is so funny :) Thank you for these nice little pieces of info. Now we offer compatibility with his mods because some users asked us for it. If he ruins the mods for the users who want to play his mods it is all his problem. Personally I really don't care about cow rains. I'm not about to play his mods :) Who would look silly if we tell the users that is because he scripted it that the rain cow rain happened? It is a new feature of CUO? Great for the CUO users.

Um, yeah.. I wonder if he realizes that most of us here don't actually use his mods anyway and that you guys are basically just making compatibility patches so that those players who want to use his mods with yours are able to do so. If he does realize that then he's a worse dick (dumbass?) than he makes himself sound like because he's openly admitting to actively trying to break the game for those people and any one of them could very easily elect to report him to Bethesda, if not a legal authority, as a hacker essentially admitting to trying to create a virus specifically to damage software on someone else's computer... I wonder how much jail time he's potentially looking at for such a thing....

Back when I was welcome on his forum (last week sometime), I told him this isn't a good idea. Specifically, I told him that it would only harm the users, not BC (or any other modder). Once the users find out what caused the problem, they'll turn against him. [quote=Samson, fan of Pelosi] One merely needs to find the script that actually does the work, and neuter it with a blank version. All without ever touching his precious ESM file.[/quote] Or you could just tell the users how to find the script, and they can delete it themselves.

I have no need to tell the users how to do that since none of his mods require patches for Open Cities. Well, ok, they do, but so far not a soul has ever asked for such a thing and I don't intend to create one until there's a demand for it. When/if that should happen, then I'll investigate how to disable his sabotage bombs. Or leave them in and simply point to his own posts where he talks about doing it to get back at the BC team.