Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

13 hours ago, Adella said:

Ah, you see, there is a reason I replaced the box lid slowly and carefully....So as not to disturb the dust.

As soon as names are mentioned, clouds of dust go everywhere....It sticks to everyone and makes a mess.   If we leave the attic carefully it will settle and we can turn the light out hmmm.

IT'S TOO LATE!

Fun factoid: I was around in 2006 when He Who Shall not be Named was active and popular, I was then on hiatus until 2008 or 2009 for various reasons. When I came back one of the first things I read was this blog post by Arth. I basically stepped back from modding just as this was all going down, so caught only the first whiff of it, came back and... yeah.

Anyway, Arthmoor's Blog and a bunch of people discussing this topic eventually led to the formation of the AFK Mod Team as loosely affiliated co-operative group, and the founding of this website.

So the story has a happy ending, of sorts.

12 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Actually, there are two other modders in the Morrowind modding community that created a drama of their own and the first one is Connary who was REALLY upset about the discussions of his mods, so he simply posted about it and left the modding community for good.  Although, later I heard that someone had seen him in the Spanish modding community due for being from Spain.

The other modder is silver_fox_rival who suddenly left GHF and I think later she also left BSF since the mods closed one thread per request.  I know she posted at least one thread on BSF, but finding it now is almost impossible due for relying on the WayBack Machine.

Wow you're going way back Leonardo.  I remember Connary I was a fan of his mods, I still have a collection of Morrowind mods I've downloaded during my time on the old Bethesda Forums.  GHF!  Great House Fliggerty I was and still am a huge fan of Fliggerty's MW mods, he took complete advantage of MWSE scripting capabilities.  His Blasphemous Revenants mod is still my all time favorite necromancy mod.  I knew I recognized your name before.  I hung out in the Morrowind section from 2003-2011 then stayed in the Skyrim section from 2011-2017.  

A question to both you Leonardo and Pseron are any of the old Morrowind modders still active?  Either in Morrowind or elsewhere?

3 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

A question to both you Leonardo and Pseron are any of the old Morrowind modders still active?  Either in Morrowind or elsewhere?

Yes.  As far I am aware of cyran0 is due for being a team member behind the LGNPC mods.  There is also Stuporstar who is currently working on UL 4.0, but I'm not entirely sure if she still doing that or not as I haven't seen her on GHF for a long time.

5 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

are any of the old Morrowind modders still active? 

Kateri continues to work on her Julan Ashlander Companion mod.  Cliffworms is working on a Daggerfall mod.  Simbelmyne updated Varo Manor in January.   redwoodtreesprite talked about starting an unnamed modding project in October, but I haven't heard from her since. Jac and the UMP team are still wrestling with the Unofficial Morrowind Patch.

Archieopterix, Cliffworms, Loranna Pyrel, Fiore1300 and B have been posting on Bethesda's new Discord.   Brash, author of Morrowind4Kids, is sitting a few feet away from me as I type this and is active in eating breakfast and playing Subnauttic: Below Zero, lol.  :lmao:

3 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Yes.  As far I am aware of cyran0 is due for being a team member behind the LGNPC mods.  There is also Stuporstar who is currently working on UL 4.0, but I'm not entirely sure if she still doing that or not as I haven't seen her on GHF for a long time.

I love the LGNPC mods, and I can't believe that Uvirith's Legacy is still being worked on.  It's my favorite Telvanni stronghold mod.  These two names bring back memories.

41 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

Kateri continues to work on her Julan Ashlander Companion mod.  Cliffworms is working on a Daggerfall mod.  Simbelmyne updated Varo Manor in January.   redwoodtreesprite talked about starting an unnamed modding project in October, but I haven't heard from her since. Jac and the UMP team are still wrestling with the Unofficial Morrowind Patch.

Archieopterix, Cliffworms, Loranna Pyrel, Fiore1300 and B have been posting on Bethesda's new Discord.   Brash, author of Morrowind4Kids, is sitting a few feet away from me as I type this and is active in eating breakfast and playing Subnauttic: Below Zero, lol.  :lmao:

Kateri is still working on Julan the Ashlander that was my favorite follower.  Jac is still around liked his Jasmine mod?  All these names are bringing back memories.  All these modders are at Chorrol.com?  One day I should try joining them.  Anyway thanks for the information both of you.  :) 

My bad, I forgot one modder and that's DEG.  He contiues coming back and post another video of his Modding Showcase video series or post another modding competition.

31 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

My bad, I forgot one modder and that's DEG.  He contiues coming back and post another video of his Modding Showcase video series or post another modding competition.

So basically Morrowind is still alive and kicking?  I should replay that game.  Haven't played it well since Skyrim was released.

1 minute ago, Leonardo said:

Yes, it is and another yes you should definitely replay Morrowind.

I love that game.  House Redoran and House Telvanni are my favorites.  In a modded game House Dagoth.  Don't like House Hlaalu, bunch of Imperial sympathizers.  Dagoth Ur best antagonist I've seen in the series.  Still to this day I want to know what really happened at the Battle of Red Mountain.  I tend to believe Dagoth Ur's version but he's insane.  I will reinstall the game when I get home later.  Right now I have to go boss is giving me that look lol.

51 minutes ago, Talyn82 said:

I should replay that game. 

Yes, I should too.  The last time I played was way back in 2009.  I'd be interested to see how Tamriel Rebuilt has progressed since then.  

10 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

Yes, I should too.  The last time I played was way back in 2009.  I'd be interested to see how Tamriel Rebuilt has progressed since then.  

Oh me too.  The last time I played it featured the Telvanni mainland which was awesome for me, because I'm a huge Telvanni fan.

2 hours ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I'd be interested to see how Tamriel Rebuilt has progressed since then. 

Let me tell you that you would be amazed how large TR is today in comparison of how it was 12 years ago.

On 5/27/2021 at 3:42 AM, Talyn82 said:

I love that game.  House Redoran and House Telvanni are my favorites.  In a modded game House Dagoth.  Don't like House Hlaalu, bunch of Imperial sympathizers.  Dagoth Ur best antagonist I've seen in the series.  Still to this day I want to know what really happened at the Battle of Red Mountain.  I tend to believe Dagoth Ur's version but he's insane.  I will reinstall the game when I get home later.  Right now I have to go boss is giving me that look lol.

House Telvanni is my favorite faction in Morrowind. I last played Morrowind around 2013-2015. I modded a Dwemer ruin named Mzanchend near the Telvanni stronghold to store my loot.

45 minutes ago, Fenrus said:

House Telvanni is my favorite faction in Morrowind. I last played Morrowind around 2013-2015. I modded a Dwemer ruin named Mzanchend near the Telvanni stronghold to store my loot.

That's a great idea modding a nearby Dwemer ruin to store loot.  Never thought of that.

Take care! :) 

• 1 month later...

Wow, this thread sure brought back memories when I enjoyed playing modded Oblivion. I remember lurking this thread when iguanadons.net was still up.

Something similar happened not so long ago to my colleagues and me in my (now previous) workplace - a new dean was elected, and anyone who dared oppose him was met with threats and/or, ahem, lecturing. Basically he lied his way into the office and used a bunch of manipulative tactics to make sure he would not be removed anytime soon. Many of us did what we could, protests did not really help much, but at least the dean and his henchmen showed their true colors and a part of the public in my country now knows who they are, too.

So yeah, I guess you could say that turning people against each other, having a complete lack of self-reflection, refusing to believe one has done something wrong and/or ragequitting a community are sure signs to stay away from such a person.

• 1 year later...

Memories indeed.

Yeah I recall having a run in or two with Giskard. Mostly getting kicked off his forums for asking something related to wrye bash. I mean ... the guy had vision. I'll say that. and passion.

But also a milestone in modding the whole thing of this. He seemed a parlour modder who had visions of building a cathedral. Just that the point of the cathedral is cooperation and adhering to standards.