Giskard and False Accusations

Arthmoor

Neither am I. With any luck though he'll stay in his hole and won't come out to bother folks on the official forum. Then he can mod in silence where very few will ever notice him and the rest of us won't have to put up with his raving ignorance.

Wishful thinking, Samson. Giskard is as much an attention whore as he is a narcissist. Why else do you think this topic is regularly discussed? It's surely not on our end, as I do my best to discourage discussion of him whenever possible (unless I get a PM about it, in which case I refer them here).

Okay, now he's gone and publicly posted a PM he sent me back when I tried to contact him privately to find out what the hell his problem is. Following his response, I told him I would continue to not post negative things about him in public (since I never have done) if he stopped posting negative things about me in public, and that not responding to my PM would be seen as agreement on his part. He didn't respond to that, so that was taken as agreement, but then two weeks later he posted some fresh public hatred (which I believe is the point when this very thread here was started by Arthmoor/Samson). Now a further year later and he's posting his side only of the PM'd conversation we had - well there are at least two sides to every story, and as usual Giskard has only bothered to show his side. So, since he doesn't consider private conversation to be private, here is the complete, unabridged communication shared between Giskard and myself following his attack on the Dragon Captions modding team in February 2010. [url=http://bettercities.free.fr/NotBC/FullDisclosure/Vorians-GiskardPrivateConversation01.jpg]My first PM[/url] asking him what the problem is [url=http://bettercities.free.fr/NotBC/FullDisclosure/Vorians-GiskardPrivateConversation02.jpg]His response[/url], a rant filled with empty threats and delusions [url=http://bettercities.free.fr/NotBC/FullDisclosure/Vorians-GiskardPrivateConversation03.jpg]My response[/url], countering everything he said [url=http://bettercities.free.fr/NotBC/FullDisclosure/Vorians-GiskardPrivateConversation04.jpg]His more rational response[/url], presumably in recognition of my warning that if he calls the police on me he'll be the one in trouble for wasting police time (this is the one he flashes around publicly for all to see, so that it doesn't look like he's crazy) [url=http://bettercities.free.fr/NotBC/FullDisclosure/Vorians-GiskardPrivateConversation05.jpg]My final response[/url], giving him a chance to back down and leave me alone forever (two weeks later he was stirring up trouble again) So Giskard, there you have it. Now the full conversation is available to anybody who cares to read it, not just your edited down, one-sided version.

Welcome to the people directed here by Giskard. I hope you will take time to read everything posted from the beginning and will finally see the light. If not, well... goodbye :)

Wait, what? Who accused him of selling mods? He's flat out making shit up now, not like that should surprise anyone of course. It's really too bad Bethesda doesn't allow this sort of thing to get aired out in an even more public venue than this blog post, 700 comments later and counting. Counting the weeks before he "leaves TES modding forever" again for the 3rd or 4th time, I mean, who's counting?

Might actually be 5... let's see: Respawn Mechastorm (or whatever it was called) The domain with a K in it Engineering Guild #1 And the current site would make 5. Could be more though if he's "left TES modding forever" with other sites we don't know about. He's even claimed to have left Fallout modding forever a couple of times because of Bethesda's bugs or something.

[quote]Since they moved to Arthmoors website I have ignored them but I cannot ignore a threat to attack this website. Vorian and friends have refused to keep away from me, my site and my mods despite being told pretty dam clearly not to come near me several times now.[/quote] Horseshit. If he'd ignored us, we wouldn't be the constant subject of HIS attacks. Also, I love how I'm apparently the Open Cities "people". Does he not realize I've pretty much soloed the whole thing since about 2008? Anyway, it should be obvious enough. If he doesn't want us commenting about him, he shouldn't constantly keep bringing up our names to people at his website. THAT fits the definition of cyberstalking far better than his flimsy definition.

Yes, as you can see in our PM'd conversation last year I laid that out to him quite clearly, his own actions would be far more recognisable as cyberstalking than anything he could try to use as evidence I'd been cyberstalking him. Still, at least you're no longer classed as one of the "Better Cities people" anymore, he's paid enough attention to realise that you're not a BC team member! I completely ignored him the entire two years he was ranting and accusing myself and others. It was only in the last year that anyone started a response (here), as it became necessary to counter his lies and misinformation which too many people might have believed without seeing the full facts. If only he'd learn to keep quiet and not flame and attack people, there wouldn't need to be any counter-responses. But then I guess he'd get bored with nobody to shout at.

[quote]I am not looking forward to the latest round that Skyrim will bring... *sigh*[/quote] [quote]Neither am I. With any luck though he'll stay in his hole and won't come out to bother folks on the official forum. Then he can mod in silence where very few will ever notice him and the rest of us won't have to put up with his raving ignorance.[/quote] Fortunately, being banned from the official forums and nexus == being banned from the official forums and nexus, so those that do not wish to be bothered by him do not need to be. I guess he "could" harrass Ismelda on Alliance, but he really doesn't participate there (much).

Ismelda isn't registered on TES Alliance, so that won't happen. Samson and I are both registered there, however (though I never actually visit it).

He wouldn't be allowed on TESA to start with. And if he registered with a different alias, he'd be booted off as soon as they realize who he really is.

I'm registered there, but I found the interface to have more than the necessary amount of options, so I only visited the one time. Anyway, I guess he *could* post a little rant there. Andalay: He *is* registered on TESA...and has been for a long time. He just almost never posts there.

Which is perfectly reasonable. It would be unfair to automatically ban someone from a site just because he has a reputation elsewhere on the internet. You have to give a person a chance to be sane and worthy, not just assume that they'll be trouble so ban them before they have the chance. Though such a reputation would mean keeping a close eye on them.

It's just that TESA actually took the extra step of stating that any discussion of "he who shall not be named" was not permitted on their forums. I thought it was kind of funny actually. They also won't permit any discussion of Unholy Darkness. I became aware of this when I had some team members coming to me asking what was going on because they weren't sure what it was that they weren't supposed to be discussing :lol: I pointed them to this thread for the first part. I believe the response I got was "Oh dear". That is an understatement, if I ever heard one... ROFL But yeah, if he behaves himself, then that's fine. It's just that history has shown that that isn't possible *sigh*

Discussion of Giskard and his work is generally frowned on at BGS as well. Obviously I could care less if it gets discussed here, and I wouldn't do anything about it at AFKMods either unless it turned into the usual flamefests that go with it. Him and his work are also forbidden subjects at Nexus, he's not just banned there. In case anyone is unaware, Unholy Darkness is taboo because the mod author has chosen to pursue charging people for his voice files. Something *I* have absolutely no problem with since they're his voice recordings and copyright is on his side in the matter. Bethesda thinks otherwise though and feels that he's charging for more than just the audio files so it became a contentious matter. I wouldn't be surprised if Legal was involved.

I had actually read on the Beth forums that he had stopped doing that, but he's made no official comment on the forums, so I don't know if that's true or not. Madmole (the author of Unholy Darkness) has returned to the forums - I've "spoken" to him a couple of times. I don't mind mod authors asking for donations, but I don't like the idea of them charging for part of a mod. Just goes to show how contentious the issue can become :grinning:

Hey Giskard - get a clue buddy. Sending me emails threatening to sue me for what people post here will get you nowhere: http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/legal-issues/4848-user-generated-content-immunity.html I'd suggest you avoid trying to threaten lawsuits against my visitors as well because I'm not about to fork over their information to you either. So back off before *I* consider filing harassment charges against *YOU* with the British state department.

The "for dummies" version, just in case Giskard's minions are lounging around. Samson is immune from legal liability for anything we say on this blog. If you sue him for that, you [i]will[/i] lose. And if you try to sue him for running this site in the first place, you're going to have to deal with the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, an amendment taken VERY seriously here across the pond.

He reminds me of kids in first grade telling others they will call their father to teach them a lesson... Doesn't he has any grip on reality?

Lol. Here it comes. The old "I'm looking for a new host" line is out. God, how predictable :P

Samson, you sure this Gistard guy is an Oblivion modder and not a mud developer, because this thread is mudbytes lols worthy. All that is missing is craptypus making the lols worthyness with 100, 200 300 post counts.