Domain Name Change

Arthmoor

As you may or may not have noticed, a new domain is now assigned to this site. It's been something I've wanted to change for a long time now but finally decided it was time to actually do it.

If you have any bookmarks to update, the new URL is now https://www.afkmods.com/

Any URLs you may have pointing here from the old domain need to be updated to reflect the new one. Redirects are in place, but they may not remain forever.

I have completed a global replacement in the database for any used of afkmods.iguanadons.net to change it to www.afkmods.com so there should be no need to update any topics, file links, or anything else that was pointing from one part of the site to another.

As with all such changes, expect turbulence. Please let us know if anything has stopped working as a result of this. I have already notified the Wrye Bash and LOOT teams via GitHub that any links they may have coming here need to be updated.

Also as a side note, I'm shutting off my blog at www.iguanadons.net. It's become increasingly clear that I have no real interest in messing with it anymore so I've set the site to only load the contact page. If there were any topics there that people were referring to that have not yet been brought here, please let me know and I'll retrieve them from the database.

Forgot to mention initially, the link to our bug tracker has also changed. Any bookmarks or links you have should be updated to point them to https://afktrack.afkmods.com/ instead of the old one. All of the relevant documentation for the unofficial patches should be updated already but if I missed something, let me know.

• Arthmoor pinned this topic

I'm surprised it even made you reset the password.

The content still exists on the blog site, it's just been bypassed to only show the contact form so I don't have to go around updating 200 mod files to point to somewhere else all at once :P

So, this domain change is the main reason why I got a NoScript warning last night.

For the future, I think it would be better if you post a global announcement similiar to what Anda did about the Orphan Attachments on TAL.  Of course temporary, not forever.

I am bit rusty about the ACP in IPS as it was a couple of years ago the last time I had to access to the ACP on TAL, but I think you need to check the permission you have about posting a global announcement.

You can always check what posting permission (pin, close, pin and close when submitted a post etc, things like that) you have when posting a new thread.

FWIW, in phpBB any admin and moderator always have options when posting a new thread via a selector, so I assume it shouldn't be much different in IPS than it's in phpBB.

Yes, well, obviously I am the administrator :P

Usually a global announcement button is exposed somewhere in the UI for posting a message but I don't see such a control in IPB 4.

EDIT: Figured it out. They moved the announcement tool to a menu next to the profile editor. On this particular skin it posts it as a bland bar with just the announcement title on it, but it should do to draw more attention to it.

• Arthmoor featured and unfeatured this topic
10 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Yes, well, obviously I am the administrator :P

Usually a global announcement button is exposed somewhere in the UI for posting a message but I don't see such a control in IPB 4.

EDIT: Figured it out. They moved the announcement tool to a menu next to the profile editor. On this particular skin it posts it as a bland bar with just the announcement title on it, but it should do to draw more attention to it.

Yeah, I know you are. :P

I see.  Anyway, it looks good to me and one thing I like is about the clickable "X" button to remove the announcement. :cookie:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 10:36 PM, lmstearn said:

Cool! Resetting the password was the only thing.

Yeah, made me reset the password, too. Good thing that I'd set the email correctly....

Strange that it would make anyone do that since it shouldn't have been necessary to do anything more than telling your browser to accept cookies from the new domain and then log in as usual.

The domain change you made somehow resetted the password and the only thing I had to do was to retyping my password.

• 5 months later...

Whew! Thought you were gone for a second. Luckily a quick search of AFKMods turned up the new domain. Glad it's still up & running! :)

FYI, the Wrye Bash mirror link on Nexus' FO4 site is pointing to the old domain.