Your patch breaks content, yet you refuse to fix it

louthelou

I downloaded content released by Bethesda.  Creation Club content, yes, but it works fine if that's all I use.  If I then apply your patch, it breaks said content.  So the fault is with you.

I don't need you to patch CC content.  I need you to patch your mod so it doesn't interfere with CC content.  There's a difference.  I'm not bothering the UPCC people with something that's not their fault or their problem.  If it turns out that it's some integral part of your mod that is interfering and it cannot be fixed without their help, or that the CC/released-by-Bethesda (a.k.a. paid) content needs to be patched to work with your mod because you can't change it on your end without disabling a fix of yours, then fine.  I'll seek help from them.  But not before that is determined.

And I reiterate:  your user registration process is so bad, it nearly turned me away, but this needs to be fixed.  Specifically, I should not have to use Google or a calculator to register (which isn't easy on a phone - and your math question didn't account for punctuation so I had to register on my phone TWICE for the bug forum, taking out the commas the second time).  You've gone to ridiculous lengths to protect some obscure corner of the internet from... what?  Bots?  As if a captcha - which you use for this forum - weren't enough.  --- Also, my attitude may suck (I have zero patience these days), but so does Arthmoor's.

For reference, here's my bug post, where it's supposed to be: https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=26010

You didn't provide sufficient information or explanation to prove that something in the patch is causing said CC content to not work, which is a requirement on your part as a user when you submit a bug ticket (not ours). Simply saying "the patch breaks said CC content when enabled" is unhelpful and doesn't provide us with enough information to go on to even begin to investigate. For example, we would need to know specifically which records in the patch cause problems with the CC items that you've mentioned. We're not psychic, and it's not reasonable to expect us to make any determinations off of vague information.

USSEP already takes into account any changes that are made to the game files in Bethesda's official updates, but that's the limit of its scope. Like Arthmoor already mentioned, the patch doesn't fix bugs in Creation Club content, so you really ought to take his suggestion and contact the author(s) of the Unofficial Creation Club Patch because that is specifically what they do.

Regarding the registration process for the tracker - it isn't a difficult process, but does require that you read each part of the registration page very carefully. When I first signed up, it took me a total of maybe a minute at the very most, which isn't very much to ask. Be sure to read the terms of service very carefully as well. When those are not followed (point #1 - in your case), we tend to not have much patience and will automatically close the ticket as an invalid submission as a result.

What BlackPete said.  Any submitted bug to the bug tracker needs to be reproduced, so it can be traced to what mod is causing a bug if it is a bug that is.

Also, a picture in-game and/or a picture of SSEEdit that shows a conflict is probably the best information the USKP team can get and it's up to the submitter to provide that.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, louthelou said:

If I then apply your patch, it breaks said content.  So the fault is with you.

Negative Ghostrider, that's not how it works.

I don't need you to patch CC content.

Good. Because we're not going to.

I need you to patch your mod so it doesn't interfere with CC content.

That's impossible due to the way in which load order works in Skyrim. If you had a brain, you'd already know this.

I'm not bothering the UPCC people with something that's not their fault or their problem.

It's hardly a bother to contact the people in charge of the very project that will solve your problem. That's the entire reason it exists.

But not before that is determined.

Congratualtions. It's already been determined. Quit assuming you know things when it's blatantly obvious you don't.

You've gone to ridiculous lengths to protect some obscure corner of the internet from... what?  Bots?

Yes. Bots. Just how new to the internet are you anyway?

Also, my attitude may suck (I have zero patience these days), but so does Arthmoor's.

You get back what you give, and thus far you have given nothing of value and expect to be handed everything on a silver platter. Guess what kid, that's not how the world works.

For reference, here's my bug post, where it's supposed to be: https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=26010

Enjoy your ban for insisting on ignoring what you're told.