Knifepoint Ridge Bandit Leader Glitch with Boethiahs Calling and Falkreath Quest

yaughten

I got the quest from the Jarl of falkreath to kill the Knifepoint Ridge Bandit Leader, then I got the Boethiahs calling quest. I killed the dude and i can no longer complete the falkreath quest for some reason. The quest marker only points to the floor in the mine. The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages says this is fixed by USSEP for PS4, but that did not happen when it was downloaded and launched. Without completion of the quest, I cannot become Thane of Falkreath nor have access to Property in Falkreath via the Hearthfire DLC. I cannot reload to a save because it would be literal days of time wasted (I currently have over 100 hours in the game, as I haven't done much of the main quest but rather misc. quests and Dragonborn DLC quests). I've tried for hours to attempt to fix this on my own with additional help from my brother and I have had no satisfactory results. Without access to console commands, and the patch not working, it seems I've run out of options. I have a video attached to (hopefully) give a better visual. Can anyone help me, for the love of Mara?!

I am playing on a PS4.

It was fixed in USSEP for PC and XB1. Unfortunately, fixes like this that require modifying quest scripts can't be done for the PS4 version because of Sony's asset restrictions.

On 12/27/2018 at 4:03 AM, yaughten said:

I cannot reload to a save because it would be literal days of time wasted

You have no other choice then reload the gamesave and do that quest plus using that as an excuse is pretty lame IMO.