Bug:Bloodskal balde energy wave doesn't show up.

SS-_Majin_-SS

On PS4 the fix we did will not work since it requires the use of script edits. So you're suffering from the vanilla bug that PC and XB1 users are not seeing anymore.

Are there any suggestions about how I leave the room?  Is it true that holding a plate in front of me will get me through the door?  I didn't have a plate with me, so I had to revert to a save game before I entered that confounded, darned, difficult, and long dungeon.  (I'm southern, dagnabbit.)

It's possible you could use the plate glitch to pass through the wall but it won't do any good as far as the blade is concerned. It still won't be working.

There is also no guarantee that reverting to an older save will get you out of it either. Usually the problem has manifested itself long before you ever enter the dungeon. It's just that going there and then leaving before getting that far is a lot more likely to cause the issue.

• 2 months later...

To fix this, open up the console and enter

help bloodskal

Look for the two entries named 'Bloodskal Strike'. The first one will be the horizontal strike and the second the vertical. Note the code between brackets.

Equip any spell, open the console and enter:

player.equipspell <code> left

Where you replace <code> with the one corresponding with the strike. This will equip the bloodskal strike as a spell in your right hand (even though you write left in the command).

Now you can cast it towards the red markings around the door. Check out this youtube video for a demonstration.

• 1 year later...
On 11/24/2018 at 7:15 PM, Arthmoor said:

This isn't a bug in the DLC itself. The only way we're ever able to reproduce this weapon doing this is if it's obtained through the use of console commands.

The script on this weapon that controls the energy wave effect is attached to the weapon's quest alias, not to the base object. If you obtain it any other way than going to the dungeon to pick it up properly it will not work. Since you have a mountain of cheat mods installed it seems safe enough to assume your sword is not the real one.

Problem here. I obtained the weapon by the questline. And it just suddenly stopped launching energy for no descernable reason. No sarcasm meant in this but...any thoughts?

11 minutes ago, MadHatterCiesus said:

Problem here. I obtained the weapon by the questline. And it just suddenly stopped launching energy for no descernable reason. No sarcasm meant in this but...any thoughts?

Scratch that. I found the problem. Note: Never have the Bloodskal Blade equipped when you transform into an alternate form. When you turn back, it classifies it as not obtained by the quest.

Edited by MadHatterCiesus