Bug:Bloodskal balde energy wave doesn't show up.

SS-_Majin_-SS

Bloodskal balde doesn't shoot energy when using the power attack button and moving arounding forward, backwards and sideways. The energy projectile doesn't shown.From my understanding is a bug that makes the energy wave not appear at all. The link is to a summary of the sword in the bottom of the summary says is a bug that happens in the ps4 version. Any help would be very be appreciated.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bloodskal_Blade

Found other instances of the bug. Links of other discussions below to help alittle.Doesn't seem to have a solution for gaming consoles.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:237082?useskin=oasis

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/132217/the-final-descent-bloodskal-blade-persistent-unsolvable-bug/2

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/191476-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special-edition/76149897

11 hours ago, Majin3233 said:

Bloodskal balde doesn't shoot energy when holding the power attack button and moving arounding forward, backwards and sideways. The energy projectile doesn't shown.From my understanding is a bug that makes the energy wave not appear at all. 

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bloodskal_Blade

Don't hold/use the right mouse button.

The energy wave still wouldn't shown up. I'm playing Skyrim on the PS4.The bug shown up 3 times in different play throughs. Two with mods and one with out mods. And I also pass the quest before to get the black book and the dragon priest mask. So I know some knowledge on how to use the sword. My current Skyrim playthrough has mods on.

3 hours ago, Majin3233 said:

The energy wave still wouldn't shown up. I'm playing Skyrim on the PS4.The bug shown up 3 times in different play throughs. Two with mods and one with out mods. And I also pass the quest before to get the black book and the dragon priest mask. So I know some knowledge on how to use the sword. My current Skyrim playthrough has mods on.

There is a fix for that weapon in USSEP, however it adds a script so it will not be available for PS4.

List of mods that I use

Unofficial Skyrim special edition patch

Healthfire map marker fix 

Quest bug fix dawnguard unknown books journal patch

Kneening fix 

Dragonbone Smithing fix

Missing tempered recipes fix 

Arcwind "find the word of power" quest fix 

Apocrypha archway bug fix 

Sabre cat respwan

Fix rescue quest by chazyrr

Proudspire Manor se fixes

Castle volkihar main door bug 

Miraak fight glitch workaround 

Boneyard bug

Hearlth grass glitch

Prevent housing missing 

College of winterhold shop fixes

Windhelm snow fix

Repairing the phial fix no-op

Dead body collision fix

Laid to rest bug fix 

Hearlthfire patch all housing cells as no reset zone

Repairing the phial fix 

Unleveled items 

Stones of barenziah quest markers

Jiub's opus & arvak's skull quest markers

H.A.S.T.E.

Skyrim restored

Rustic and lighting (CE) GT's- Whiterun 

My jorrvaskr & Skyforge

Magical college of winterhold

[PS4] modified city inns

Mouldy's improved Riverwood 

Hold Capitals: Morthal

Kato's falkreath 

Ruins of winterhold

Road to morthal

Better docks

Hold border banners

Wooden bridges

Lamposts of Skyrim

Point the way

Dlc integration 

Fallen trees

Convient bridges 

Closed and guarded borders

Recover cities

Project hippie

Dense grass 

Insignificant object remover

Water- Water and Terrian enhance

Better cities

Faster leveling 

More blood and gore! 

Big jump 5x

Big helmet combat perks

Resurrection

Better horses 

Allow intercations, tolerant npcs & no Ash piles 

Multiple followers system

Undying loyalty 

Get out the way

I will shout if I want to!!!

Vampires sucks no attacks in tamerial

better combat ai

Less aggressive animals

Beast form companions

Hold riders

Get over stocked and rich merchant

Star triple hold a Superior treasure and rewards mod

Guard torch remover

True alteration armor visuals

Rain and snow fx

Various dragons 

Race menu any time

Grappling  hook spell 

Crafter's storage

Harvest overhaul

NPCs don't drop weapons upon death

You can pickpocket childern 

Crafting recategorized

Lootable giants' clubs

Smithed equipment in loot & shops

World map vibrant map

Visble map markers

Tls for performance towns ultra

Above the law

Immersive citizens ai overhaul

Realistic conversation

Chest mod 

The ring of godmode

Restore vanilla settings 

Guarded points of interest & military checkpoints

You need to deactivate all mods and go back to a gamesave before you found the Bloodskal blade.

Then try to reproduce the bug, if it is a bug that is, and see if the same things happens without mods vs with mods.  The best result will always be in vanilla in a new game.

Should you be able to reproduce the bug then report it to Bethesda as the USSEP cannot fix a script as Joat_Mon mentioned, which is likely the case here.

This isn't a bug in the DLC itself. The only way we're ever able to reproduce this weapon doing this is if it's obtained through the use of console commands.

The script on this weapon that controls the energy wave effect is attached to the weapon's quest alias, not to the base object. If you obtain it any other way than going to the dungeon to pick it up properly it will not work. Since you have a mountain of cheat mods installed it seems safe enough to assume your sword is not the real one.

• 6 months later...
On 11/24/2018 at 12:15 PM, Arthmoor said:

This isn't a bug in the DLC itself. The only way we're ever able to reproduce this weapon doing this is if it's obtained through the use of console commands.

The script on this weapon that controls the energy wave effect is attached to the weapon's quest alias, not to the base object. If you obtain it any other way than going to the dungeon to pick it up properly it will not work. Since you have a mountain of cheat mods installed it seems safe enough to assume your sword is not the real one.

Hey bud I'm not here to be a jerk but assuming he cheated to obtain the sword because of his load order when he has gotten it legit before isn't cool. Now I  understand the only way that you can reproduce this bug on PC is by cheating it in the game but it does happen on the consoles without cheat mods as well. I know this because I'm experiencing this exact bug on my Xbox and I don't use cheat mods. I have tried to fix this by disabling all mods and it doesn't work the pictures included are my mod list on Xbox now there are 3 mods that have an update and they are USSEP, Divine Cities, and Vivid Weather's so those wont be in the pics and I'm also not connected to the internet on my Xbox as well also I do apologise for the pic quality as it's from my phone and not directly from my Xbox15597502274852602533706889657142.thumb.jpg.2b1db7d8d831af56e028309bd658176f.jpg

15597501721681221329080447152329.jpg

15597502805972689976348425603313.jpg

15597503607172767477974279026806.jpg

15597504283676958108325589643942.jpg

15597505112021964373004871730952.jpg

15597505533832787022459765983182.jpg

Hey bud I'm not here to be a jerk but ...

Look at you, responding in a hostile tone with your first post to a 6 month old topic that was fixed 3 months ago in Bug #25785. You're not making a very good impression here. I'd suggest you rethink your strategy before you find yourself gone.

1 minute ago, Arthmoor said:

Look at you, responding in a hostile tone with your first post to a 6 month old topic that was fixed 3 months ago in Bug #25785. You're not making a very good impression here. I'd suggest you rethink your strategy before you find yourself gone.

I wouldn't be mentioning this if i

t was fixed because I tried it 2 days ago and it still had the exact same issue and the mod just had an update today and I don't know where to see what was fixed. Now this "hostile tone", well if I offended you then I apologise but I'm still having this issue with the bug and some others as well but I don't care about those at this moment

As the changelog for the issue says, it's not retroactive. So if you had already started your game the fix won't take effect. It's the only legit reason this can fail and we addressed it. There is nothing else that can be done and the only remaining methods to have the issue are using the console (on PC), using Cheat Mod (or something like it for XB1), or being stuck on PS4 where it can't be fixed due to Sony's asset restrictions.

This is the bug fix.

The Bloodskaal Blade could fail to produce its proper energy wave effect because the object was set to respawn. Which for whatever crazy reason caused the engine to delete the original object despite it being stored in an active quest alias. The replacement would spawn correctly but because it didn't get stored in the alias, the blade broke. Unfortunately this is not possible to fix if this issue has already happened. You will need to restore a save prior to having visited the dungeon. (Bug #25785) [NR]

So, in order to save your game you must go back to a gamesave before you started the actual quest then do the quest a second time, otherwise the bugfix will not take effect.

• 2 years later...
On 6/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, Arthmoor said:

As the changelog for the issue says, it's not retroactive. So if you had already started your game the fix won't take effect. It's the only legit reason this can fail and we addressed it. There is nothing else that can be done and the only remaining methods to have the issue are using the console (on PC), using Cheat Mod (or something like it for XB1), or being stuck on PS4 where it can't be fixed due to Sony's asset restrictions.

So just to double check and make sure I understand this correctly... the playthrough I just started on PS4 06/12/2021 where I'm having this exact issue is completely screwed because of Sony's asset restrictions... still?

Yes. Sony has not changed their policy and they're likely never going to.

• 1 month later...

so i have the unofficial patch installed and enabled at the top of my load order started a completely new game so my blade is just borked for ever there's no way to stop this bug that happens all the time to me (and no i didnt cheat the stupid blade i picked it up in the barrow and it was broken no effect)

That means you have another mod installed which has overridden the fix for this.

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem.   I play on PS4.  The only mod I had installed prior to entering the dungeon is your Unofficial Skyrim Update.  I got the blade and it won't work.  I don't have a plate or platter or anything like that, so I can't walk through the wall of the door.  What should I do? 

I just tried adding a random Bloodskal Blade mod, but it didn't help.