BUG - Can't buy Breezehome

ferferga

I have found through all the forums and it seems that USKP had this issue long time ago, but it seems that is back in USSE.

I have the dialog with Proventus, but when I confirm him that I want to purchase the house, he doesn't give me the key and the option to buy Breezehome is still there.

This is my load order:

# Automatically generated by Vortex
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
EFFCore.esm
TravellersOfSkyrim.esm
SkyUI_SE.esp
TerrainLodRedone.esp
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
Purewaters.esp
Tamriel Reloaded HD SE.esp
castle volkihar redux sse 1.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
marriagemod - alpha v3.esp
Blowing in the Wind SSE.esp
Blowing in the Wind - Lanterns of Skyrim Patch SSE.esp
Honeyside.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
OBIS SE.esp
RFCharacterOverhaul.esp
RFCharacterOverhaul_USSEP.esp
SkyrimIsWindy.esp
BVFE.esp
BVFE_Serana.esp
BreezehomeByLupus.esp
merchantmod3.0.esp
EWS.esp
Point The Way.esp
Immersive Music.esp
CFTO.esp
Skyrim Better Roads - All In One - Merged.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
HeljarchenFarm.esp
WindstadMine.esp
Dawnguard Sentries SE.esp
Better Vampires.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
CoinPurseIncrease.esp
CompleteSkyforgeWeaponSet.esp
Crime Overhaul Expanded.esp
sandboxcylinderheight.esp
DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp
DustEffectsSSE.esp
El_WayfarersCoatSSE.esp
Followers_StealthKills.esp
Harkon's Sword Improved.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
HelgenRebornRSChildrenPatch.esp
HornsAreForever.esp
Vivid WeathersSE.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp
RSChildren - CRF Patch.esp
RSChildren.esp
TW3Eyes.esp
The Hunting Game.esp
TravellersOfSkyrim - Vanilla.esp
Valuables Worth Stealing.esp
VioLens SE.esp
WeightLessTrueGems.esp
WeightLessTrueScrolls.esp
WeightLessTrueSoulGems.esp
YourMarketStall.esp
azelfollower.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp
Vivid Weathers SE - Extended Snow.esp
CWICRFSEPatch.esp
icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SV.esp
Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp
Atlas Legendary.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Bring Out Your Dead.esp
Men of Winter.esp
ICOW_MOW_Patch.esp
Windstad Improvements.esp
Provincial Courier Service.esp
Whistling Mine.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Storefront.esp
gonkishvampdens.esp
BBD_SkyrimFishing.esp
notice board.esp
Prometheus_BeastSkeletons.esp
RiftenShack.esp
QaxeConvenienceShops.esp
Vampirelordroyal.esp
BetterVampireLord.esp
BVandRoyalBloodline_Patch.esp
Shadowmarks.esp
Blowing in the Wind - Helgen Reborn Patch SSE.esp
Oblivion Gates in Cities.esp
Blowing in the Wind - SMIM Merged All Patch SSE.esp
OBIS SE - NoticeBoard - Addon.esp
CFTO-Lanterns.esp
OBIS SE Patrols Addon.esp
moredragonloot.esp
EFFDialogue.esp

Disables USSEP and all the mods dependent on it (which I highly doubt that modifies something in how Breezehome is dealt), I could buy the house just fine.

Thank you very much in advance!

Sorry, but no. USSEP is not breaking this and never has. This was an old issue caused originally by the Dawnguard DLC, and only for the upgrades to the house. Purchasing it has never been broken. All forum rumors claiming otherwise are false.

You have Breezehome mods installed. Look to those for the actual cause of your problem.

I bet this Breezehome mod is causing this issue.  Try to deactive that mod and talk to Proventus about buying Breezehome.  If he does give you the key then the mod is what's causing your issue.

BreezehomeByLupus.esp

If you still want to use it then report it to the author about fixing the issue.

Yeah, I thought that the faulty mods were those that modified Breezehome in some way. As I restarted replaying Skyrim in the Special Edition, I wanted to start the new game with some carefully chosen mods, and not install new ones along the way, in order to avoid some problems I had in the standard edition. I chose the Wind District Breezehome mod for Breezehome. However, when I completed the quests and noticed that I couldn't buy the house, I decided to dump it as it was a pretty intensive mod which made many changes and decided for this Breezehome by Lupus, which only modifies the appearance and doesn't add any scripts. In fact I verified it using SSEditor and I saw that it doesn't have any scripts (besides the autosorter), as the description says. I considered it safe, so I dumped my old "new" game and started again from scratch.

Same problem. Uninstalled the Breezehome by Lupus again, purgued cell buffer, restart game, checked for orphaned scripts (0 aaccording to FallRim). I spent some days looking through the internet but my exact issue (proventus giving me the dialogue option, but not giving me the key) was only mentioned once in a reddit post (where they suggested to quicksave and quickload after the dialog).

I went mod by mod, disabling and testing, until I uninstalled USSEP (and all the mods that depended on it, like Cutting Room Floor and Provincial Courier service): I could purchase the house without issues. Maybe the problem is not in USSEP, but in any of those mods?

I sincerely don't know what else I could test, but for me it seems completely an USSEP issue. Any ideas?

It seems that I also can't purchase upgrades.

All I can tell you for certain is that USSEP is not causing this problem and in fact fixes the one that did with Breezehome, which was only for the child bedroom upgrade. It's never even been a vanilla bug to be unable to buy the house at all so we would have had no reason to fix what isn't even broken.

Reddit is a terrible place to get information btw. They do nothing but speculate and there's little if any useful troubleshooting data to be had there. I'd also strongly suggest you leave stuff like Fallrim Tools out of the equation too as that is proven to be unsafe for use on SSE saves. If you've ever used it in the past on this save that might explain a few things.

Also be absolutely certain you have no leftover loose scripts or anything in your Data folder because the game will still pick those up, even without an .esp file to load them.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:38 PM, ferferga said:

Same problem.

I never had a problem when buying Breezehome, I could even buy Breezehome when using mods both in SLE and in SSE.

I use this Breezehome mod for SLE (I converted it to SSE for personal use of course) and even after I converted it to SSE it still works without having an issue when buying Breezehome.

• 2 months later...

Have the same bug. Has to do something with this mod cause im able to buy breezehome when disabling it which is weird. I dont use any other mods except texture ones so there is nothing to interfere with it.