Yatul and Nagrub spawning in Helgen

tgl1992

Hey guys, longtime lurker here and I have something that I need cleared up if you got the time since I am not that mod savvy...

I recently started a new character on PS4 with Survival enabled along with the Unofficial Patch and some minor mods (at least I don't see them as a major/overhaul mod) which I will provide in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Skyrim_20181030162932.thumb.jpg.d36359a66bf7d0726ff105ffdc0745e7.jpgSkyrim_20181030162942.thumb.jpg.78c82fc9813b8019e45a394a5ee70167.jpgSkyrim_20181030163003.thumb.jpg.3e0d660baeaead5e597db74bf01e76db.jpg

What isn't pictured is the Quick Start mod by Lgbshi which I have since disabled (not deleted) after leaving Helgen. Also, I only use Alidon's Armory mod to JUST get a unmodified/unenchanted Blades armor that is not anything special yet just for RP reasons and nothing else. I didn't use any "cheats" from that mod.

What I want to discuss is an odd bug that, after researching it, you guys may be familiar with from what I Googled: Yatul and another named orc spawning in random places. I have read up on old bug trackers after I Googled it and other sites/forums/wikis where the same thing is happening or similar. I also noticed it was supposedly fixed in the original USKP on PC. For the record, I never ran into this bug on the PC version afaik.

With my case, everything has been going smoothly and still is (Only a 7 hour save so far). Don't get me wrong, this isn't game breaking for me nor is it something that will ruin my save, I just want to make sure if it is a bug that cannot be fixed because Sony and their PS4 mod restriction so the torn down version of the unofficial patch was forced to let the bug happen or if it is something new that no one knows about yet. I searched for recent Yatul/orc issues but the only ones are the ones I mentioned that were 5-6 years ago.

What happened was I was doing a quest and I was passing through Helgen where I noticed the city was not destroyed and there were still Imperial soldiers and Thalmor soldiers about which is the result of the quick start mod. because Helgen spawns Bandits, it was entertaining to see them kill the soldiers and then go on with my day but that isn't the issue: For sh**ts and giggles I went into the keep where you first enter with Hadvar/Ralof and noticed Yatul and Nagrub in the keep! Once I exited, they followed me outside but do not move, just standing there.

I paused my playing time and got into a trial & error mode to test. First off, I went to Yatul and Nagrub's respective stronghold's before I enter the city or keep where I found them to see if the are there. They are not at their strongholds but strangely at Narzulbur, the Chief Mauhulahk is doubled for some reason, one sits in the chair outside the hut and one sits inside the hut. What is even weirder is I provoked them to incur a orc tribe bounty and Yatul appeared out of nowhere to warn and fight me. Same thing with Nagrub at Dushnik Yal. Nowhere to be found, bounty, and he appears.

I tried to reproduce the same sequence again and nothing happened. I was only able to reproduce them two spawning inside Helgen.

If I realize I left anything out I will edit this post and I apologize if I made no sense. Just thought I would get this cleared up and if it is anything that can be fixed. Of course, ask me more questions to make sense of this odd issue, I do not jump to conclusions so don't worry! Thanks guys!

I remember you from the closed BSF and you often visit the Community Discussion forum.  So.  Welcome to AFK Mods, tgl1992! :horkercookie:

I recall someone reported, on the old BSF (sadly now closed), that Yatul acted a little strange, but that happen a couple of years ago and that's all I remember now.

Maybe Arthmoor knows what was causing that.

Anyway, have you tried to deactivate the Quickstart mod as it changes the scripted scenes in the tutorial and returning there later without letting the scripted scenes played through might what's casuing your issue.

14 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I remember you from the closed BSF and you often visit the Community Discussion forum.  So.  Welcome to AFK Mods, tgl1992! :horkercookie:

I recall someone reported, on the old BSF (sadly now closed), that Yatul acted a little strange, but that happen a couple of years ago and that's all I remember now.

Maybe Arthmoor knows what was causing that.

Anyway, have you tried to deactivate the Quickstart mod as it changes the scripted scenes in the tutorial and returning there later without letting the scripted scenes played through might what's casuing your issue.

Thanks for the welcome, and I remember you too so good to see you again! I used your extra map marker mod in an old save that I have moved on from so thanks for that! At least I think it was you :p I just saw your Sig!

I made a couple of dummy saves to test things out. For starters, I used a all map markers discovered mod to speed things up but other than that mod, I used just the unofficial patch and nothing else. Let time pass, went back to the ruined version of Helgen, all normal, went to Narzulbur and was stopped by Yatul as normal.

Next, enable quick start and all my other mods (since I got to rule them out eventually) and strangely, all normal again like above. I even disabled the quick start and kept the same load order as my main survival save and all was normal.

So even with a new save and playing around with the mods in question, I couldn't even reproduce the bug.

I loaded up my survival save with my load order back to normal and something I noticed when the two orcs stand aimlessly. If I wait just one hour, they vanish. Not walk away, just vanish. I even waited one hour in game (actually standing there, not using the menu) and they still stood there. I then went to their respective strongholds which they were not there like last time, and the Chief is still doubled for some reason but I let time pass a little bit and noticed Yatul was back at her home but just told me to get out because she was staying only inside the house. Back at Dushnik, same thing except I was able to talk to Nagrob with dialogue options but before I discovered him I was stopped by one of the orcs as normal so I was able to get the Forgemaster Fingers quest started regardless if Yatul is bugged since apparently any stronghold can give that quest if visiting for the first time.

I also saw on the UESP wiki that Helgen is a default target for bad AI going wacky so that may explain why those two stayed there. May also explain why there was a non hostile bandit in Helgen too...

I guess I will keep going with my save as normal since apparently (hopefully) the game fixes itself with those two bugged orcs. Oh Bethesda!

On 10/31/2018 at 1:40 PM, Leonardo said:

So, everything is fine now and if it's then you're lucky I guess. :)

I may be just lucky/unlucky with the Yatul bug since it seems to be a familiar problem with the unofficial patch in the past. But something I may of discovered that may of been the problem is the ultimate armory mod I had installed that was causing the weird NPC doubling and spawning like the Chief orc I mentioned above. I found a couple characters that are usually in Solsthiem in Skyrim that were not supposed to be there so after spending a good chunk of time enabling/disabling one at a time, the "clones" disappeared without the armory mod and the "real" ones seem to act normal without it.

I don't know why that one mod would cause these issues but I have seen way weirder mod related glitches :p

Since this is pretty much "solved" and got off track anyway, I guess this topic can be closed unless someone else wants to chime in. Thanks again!