New Package for M'aiq The Liar

Jebbalon

So, I made a bug report not long ago - Issue #25037 - In which I point out that M'aiq has the travel target set to Near Self. This doesn't work well because as the package does its checks he is always near himself and won't then run around as intended.

After looking into his package some more I realized what he needed was a whole new package. So, I made one. Now he runs and runs - all over the map! (if you follow him enough. He will still go away if you let him unload like other Wilderness Encounters)

Question is do you think this could be a fix for Unofficial Patch or should I upload to Nexus? Or both?

We haven't looked into how his setup works yet but I can guarantee you one thing - with the vanilla package he shows up in plenty of different places because the encounter system will move him there via scripts. He's not supposed to leave the general area where the encounter loads until it unloads again later.

Well, yeah, but it's him that needs to unload before he is available to be respawned at another WE location. I ran along behind him from Windhelm area all the way to Falkreath area. Along the way there were plenty of other WE events we ran into. So, I'm thinking that the location we started at won't spawn again until he is recycled but others obviously did. It would need some testing I guess but I like the idea of him running like in Oblivion.