Info on how to use the patch for PS4 for modding.

Sunstalker

I'd like to know if there's anyway I can download the PS4 version of the patch on PC so I can use it as a master for PS4 mods I'm making. Since the PC one is an .esm file and contains more things than the PS4 version which is an .esp file, I can't rely on the PC file to forward fixes easily. I'd have to open the .esm in CK and write down the contents of each record I'm editing in my mod, which would be agonizing. I'm relatively new to modding though. Is the solution loading the .esm along with my new mod in CK? Will that be safe to prevent the PS4 unavailable .esm file from becoming a master to my mod? 

I'd really like to be able to download the USSEP .esp version so I can rely on the Ref and Form ID's in there along with the fixes so I don't make duplicates show up for previously missing items and to not overwrite fixes from the USSEP when editing perks and crafting/tempering recipes.

I'll have to see what we can do for this. Can't say I really expected anyone to want to use it as a master, but that's certainly not a problem. It'll need to wait until after our next update though because 4.1.5 is going to have some stuff fixed in the PS4 copy that is currently broken.

It may end up something that only gets uploaded here so it isn't circulating too widely in the hands of Nexus users who expect us to support it as a PC patch.

Thank you for the reply, Arthmoor. It wouldn't be set as a master if it turns out not being required, it's just that wanting to edit perk entries (damned DLC1DawnguardItem perk) and sorting the craftable categories in a more intuitive manner would be a lot easier to keep compatible with USSEP to prevent duplicates or unintended removal of bugs. 

I've been working on a PS4 port of the JK's skyrim mods and there's a complication for the Windhelm port. The market got expanded but it relied on the USSEP removing the collision from the vanilla mesh. You can't walk into it from the market's side but the back alley lets you move through from the other way. This can't be fixed on PS4 with the restrictions, I suppose?

Anything that requires any sort of asset file can't be done on PS4. All you get to upload is the .esp file and that's it.

• 2 months later...

I see the updates have come out. Will the esp for ps4 be downloadable here in the future? Want to take a crack at sorting out the categories in smithing to my liking for PS4.

• 1 month later...

I too would be curious if it is possible to get the PS4 patch, mainly to keep all the name edits, damage, armor rating corrections, along with all the description fixes, keyword fixes. when adding edited armor and weapons, along with creating crafting recipes. Would rather not have my creations overwriting all the hard work everyone put into it. Just looking for the (armor and weapons part) :)

Just tell me what to write as a credit if this is possible and sorry if this was asking too much as I understand people are busy

• 5 weeks later...