fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT Error

perrymwt

My game log file has been overrun by this message:

[08/27/2018 - 06:28:55PM] Error: Object reference has no 3D
stack:
    [ (0001E68C)].Sound.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
    [ (000B77B9)].fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.OnLoad() - "<savegame>" Line ?

I've tried to track it down, and found out that USSEP overrides the base game's version of this script.  I've also found out that the sound effect attached to the object is tagged as mono.  Could that be the source of the error?

Thanks

This issue has long ago been fixed and you're seeing old instances that cannot be corrected. It's a non-retroactive fix.

The only thing you can do is go back to each one of those triggers that's causing it and revsist the cells they're in. All instances you encounter going forward will work fine.

And just to be clear, don't use someone else's Mickey-Moused fix for the script. Those generally don't work to solve the problem.

Thanks for the info.  I sort of suspected this sort of thing.

I fixed the problem in likely a dangerous way, using Fallrim Tools to delete the script and its instances.  So far it has worked, though of course, I take complete responsibility for any problems that may crop up.

Yep, that's definitely a dangerous method and you've probably done damage to that save now. Fallrim tools isn't safe to use and never has been. The format of those files has never been decoded to the point where those kinds of tools can be used in such a routine way.