Dynamic Things, iNeed, You Hunger and mods that dynamically change the game at runtime

godescalcus

What the title says... I'd like to know if anyone has traced the impact those mods (or similar ones) have on the game when they run their scripts to dynamically add or remove stuff:

- dynamic things runs a script to replace static with lootable containers. That script is set to run every x seconds, configurable in the MCM. It's very noticeable that it's running, if you run into a place and immediately check everything for loot, you end up waiting for static to be converted to containers.

- iNeed scans the cell (on load?) for food and removes it. It also replaces food in containers with salt and other stuff, don't know exactly how but that part may be esp work.

- You Hunger does the same but in an apparently even more ambitious manner, by scanning the context and adjusting the available food and drinks based on factors like the presence of crop fields, etc... The drescription is very vivid about this.

Common sense tells me that this, while it may not be a gigantic strain on the engine by itself, is still extra load and I try to estimate the benefit to my gameplay factoring the load, to decide whether or not to use it with an overall heavy build.

But I lack objectivity because I don't do scripting and don't know how these things work exactly.

Update: feedback on YouHunger tells me it just adds the disabled flag to food in Skyrim. Still, my question stands for the mods that do make dynamic changes while you play.