Starfield

Arthmoor

I can confirm that the Form ID fix works.  Was able to load the last save I had that was giving me CTDs when I tried to land or travel to heavily populated areas.  I suspected that it was the Form ID issue, and this confirms it.  Now, no more CTD.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you SMR, I wasn't expecting another one so soon after the last update but rather too many than too few, I think!

13 minutes ago, XRAT said:

Thank you SMR, I wasn't expecting another one so soon after the last update but rather too many than too few, I think!

Yes, Bethesda seems to be really keeping on track with the updating - which is good to see.  But, one thing's for sure - regardless of what is done (or not done), there will be people who'll complain! :profanityrabbit: LOL!

2 hours ago, smr1957 said:

one thing's for sure - regardless of what is done (or not done), there will be people who'll complain! 

That's very true, sadly.  

Arthmoor said it right in one of his posts (which I'll paraphrase) - in most games, people are happy to see the game getting updates, but for some reason, in Bethesda games, people seem to always complain.

Bethesda just announced their next Beta update for Steam, scheduled for March 6, on X (Twitter):

https://x.com/StarfieldGame/status/1763599079810986202?s=20

Things covered by Bethesda in this latest Beta update are the following:

"We're adding expressions to photo mode! Now you can make your character and your companions match the mood of your shot - and Vasco is getting some new poses, too.

We're improving the scanner so you can continue to use it to monitor the world around you while harvesting resources or opening doors.

Ready for your next mission? Setting course on an inactive mission will now make it active!

We also tracked down the elusive David Barron, who had mysteriously been unavailable at the SSNN for many players in "Sabotage."

Other fixes include an issue causing the player's head to turn left while sprinting and some issues preventing Starborn Temples from appearing correctly, among many others."

Edited by smr1957

I know I am probably way behind everyone else with this but I was amused by the quest in the "Lock" where you get the lists of inmates, to find one Delvin Mallory, clearly gets around quite a bit!

Starfield has just received a 742.4 MB update - this is NOT the Beta Update.

Current game version is now 1.9.71

"Address an issue occasionally causing certain quests to disable, preventing players from continuing those quest lines." - https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1764732653226303488

No further information available at this point.

Edited by smr1957

Latest Beta Update us now available on Steam - 3 GB

Just a quick note:

For those participating in the beta and wishing to provide Bethesda with feedback, please visit #steam-beta-feedback on their official Discord Server.

Also, for those wishing to view the full Beta Update notes, you can view Arthmoor's dedicated topic:

Edited by smr1957

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks once again for the post SMR, thats a whole load of fixes this time if admittedly mostly small ones.

"A hotfix has just been released for 
@StarfieldGame:

Players can once again capture characters in action poses in photo mode
Addressed an issue that could cause characters to become stuck repeating a line of dialogue

We hope you're enjoying the latest update! #Starfield"

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1772655959740985761

New Game Version: 1.10.32