what are all the files I can pack to bsa?

thienthu

not a modder, just trying to make my game look more neat

what are all the type of folders can I put in archive.exe to pack bsa and the game load it right? I tried packing a skse folder for oldrim but the plugin didn't work in game.

Anything that is normally associated with the vanilla game. So you can pack meshes, textures, scripts, sound files, voice files, UI files, text files for translations, and a few other things.

SKSE DLLs are not part of the vanilla game. So although you can put one in there using archive.exe, the game will not process it because it's not designed to. You have to pack those loose if you're including them with a mod. You also can't use SKSE DLLs from LE with SSE. They need to be recompiled by their authors before that would work anyway.

I wish I had read this earlier. I had to realize that SKSE and similar non-base game content isn't read from a bsa due to dyndolod popping errors that it couldn't find its json files. I did manage to pack 5.2GB of dyndolod meshes and textures in 3 archives, leaving SKSE loose and using an extra dummy plugin. Used compression for all (only textures and meshes) but textures were a minority and meshes didn't compress much. In the end I got DynDOLOD.bsa and DynDOLOD_Dummy.bsa both containing only meshes and barely under 2GB, and DynDOLOD - Textures.bsa containing textures (289Mb). Works fine and I confirmed that no loose assets were overriding DynDOLOD's archived ones. This is for SSE and I used bsarch.exe.