Dialog not appearing on quest with start game enabled

nurgl

Hi,

I have the following bug:

I have a quest set to start game enabled with a current SEQ. The dialog is not appearing right at the start, only after save and load of a savegame.

Creating a new quest, moving the dialog into a new quest is not working either.

Now I set the quest to start via change loc event and the dialog appears.

What could be the cause that the dialog is not appearing properly?

I have a quest that is set to "start game enabled". This quests dialog is not appearing during normal gameplay. Only after I saved and load the save. The "say once" flag is not stored either. I tried creating a new quest, also with start game enabled flag, generating a SEQ and it didn't help.

Then I set the quest to start by change loc event and the "bug" is gone. Dialog appears correct.

In both cases (buggy and non buggy) aliases are filled, quest is marked as running in console, quest stages are set correctly etc..

Now I'd like to know why this is happening? What are possible solutions except making all new quests start by Story manager? Is the mod borked?

Well, Start Game Enabled only triggers the quest at the beginning of the game as explained here. There were some good discussions on it at the old Bethsoft forums, but they never fixed the search. And Gamesas is kaput. There's a more recent, but brief discussion on it at Nexus.

The thing is not that the quest won't start. It's that the dialog is not appearing. And the quest is inside the SEQ.

Of course I test with new game. ;)

Right, well yes there are issues. I made copious notes on the Tutorial quest talk pages regarding it- and elsewhere that even the triggers on many of the SM events nodes were broken.

Interesting. Why do you say " -- Specify a start-up stage (Very important!) "?

I have no issues with another quest containing dialog, scripts and aliases that works and has no stages whatsoever.

Interesting to hear what issues may appear that I better easily fix now. My quest has no Objectives. So if that is the only issue that is mixed up, it's fine. :)

Just remembered there's a fantastic tut right here at AFK! It quotes:

Start Up Stage: When a quest begins, no matter how - stages marked with this will run as well.  With Stage 0 selected, we want this to be checked.

It's also possible to have a startup stage other than than 0, but whatever the value, you are assured the stages of the quest will commence at the stage you have designated. Good luck. :)

Okay, so besides a wrong order of objectives no other issues? Then I don't need that. I don't need stages for those quests mentioned.

Still, this doesn't solve those crazy behavior mentioned in my first post... :/