Being told to leave my house

DPMR

I have the Camping mod installed, as well as Unofficial patch.

I have laid down a bed roll in my house in Whiterun, and my follower is threatening me that a shouldn't be there and I need to leave.

Is this a problem with the Camping Mod or the Patch? or does my follower own the house?

I would think if own the house I can do as I please.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have an issue between the USLEEP and Chesko's Campfire, unless you use another Camping mod.  But without a posted loadorder I and other people here cannot help you.

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     Campfire.esm
  7  7     SkyUI_SE.esp
  8  8     TakeNotes.esp
  9  9     IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
 10  a     Coin Toss.esp

There must be something else, otherwise you wouldn't have an issue.  What SKSE64 mods are you using, aside from SkyUI?

That doesn't make sense.

You asked for the load order, it is in the last post.

Other than SKSE64 which I installed, everything I installed threw Vortex is there.

Best guess would be Campfire then. Since you say the issue only came up after placing one of its bedrolls. No other reasonable conclusion is possible at this point since it's definitely not a vanilla or USSEP issue.

11 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Best guess would be Campfire then. Since you say the issue only came up after placing one of its bedrolls.

I find it odd since I also use Campfire and I am not having this issue.  In fact I never had this issue since the first day I started to use Campfire.

Maybe cleaning the master files havn't been done and in my case the Skyrim master files is cleaned by following alt's Skyrim master files cleaning guide.

Have you actually tried to put a bedroll down inside Breezehome though?

I placed a campfire bedroll (in Skyrim LE though) in Wndheim marketplace, and when I woke up a guard gave me the same message. Although Breezehome is a owned playerhome there is probably someting with Campfire that triggers this.

Yes I did it was under the stairs.

Got me thinking tho, I wonder if I change campfire settings to allow me to camp in cities without penalty from the Guards.

Then see if my follower would ignore me.

I guess that would prove it is an issue with campfire not ignoring inside of buildings.

On another note I noticed my original post my have lead you to beleave I was blaming the patch.

That wasn't my intent. I meant a Skyrim bug not covered by the patch, but I am beginning to beleave the settings may answer that.

I will purchase Breezehome and check it out.

2 hours ago, Leonardo said:

No, I haven't.  Why do you ask?

Because when you say stuff like "I don't have this problem" you need to know, not guess. Which means you should actually go try laying down a bedroll in a player owned house to see if you come up with the same result.

Turns out if I disable illegal camping my follower ignores me. I suppose that makes sense.

I guess Chesko didn't expect that if you own a home you would lay down a bedroll instead of using bed.

I just figured I would get the camping perk since I was resting. Oh well not a game breaker I guess.

Sorry if I wasted your time. Guess that's why no one replied for 3 weeks.

3 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Because when you say stuff like "I don't have this problem" you need to know, not guess. Which means you should actually go try laying down a bedroll in a player owned house to see if you come up with the same result.

I knew it was illegal to sleep in cities, towns and villages hence for not trying that in an owned house, but I had no idea that could trigger an issue in player's owned house due to a setting in Campfire.