Bethesda Zenimax Privacy Policy updated

alt3rn1ty

Bethesda forums Zenimax Privacy Policy updated .. And they want us to click agree ???

TLKt1zb.png

:rofl: This is taking the piss, obfuscation of legal speak taken to a new level so you cant diff' the previous :rofl:

I haven't visited there much since .. ages ago, and all the new forum software issues which never seem to get sorted, but I think this just about puts the nail in the coffin permanently, I cant continue being nosy occasionally without clicking agree, and that just aint happenin'. I occasionally pop in just to have a nose about, but do not really participate these days.

Can someone who has a more laissez-faire attitude to these things and has agreed to sell all their worldly possessions to Zenimax for £1 .. Please open a topic on there about the problem (if there isn't already), and suggest they ought to look into presenting a language we can read - Because anyone who wishes to participate will not be able to until they get past all the legal beagle speak in Japanese (or whatever that is).

I am using Chromium Browser, Cookies are allowed for the site. But I do have UBlock Origin plugin in its default configuration, which may be part of the problem .. But, well bluntly IDGAF, so I am not about to go making any special exceptions for offsite content being pulled in via obfuscated website scripting further complicating the digital relationship. IMHO if they cant be up-front with presentation on the same domain they can take a long walk off a short pier backwards.

link this topic if you wish to show the example.

You will need to stop laughing at Bethesda's expense first :)

That's gotta be something it served up for you, because when it did for me, it was in English and it's a bog standard privacy agreement you'd find on pretty much any website.

Well I would say it probably was bog standard agreement .. but now with amendments ..

But the content is not so important, I understand what these things generally contain and they have to adapt some details to what they wish to achieve and cover their asses legally. Hence why until we all agree it will not go away (Personally I think there really should be a "I do not agree .." button aswell, followed by another offer to delete my user account completely because I will not be allowed to participate further without agreeing, giving me the option to get out if I do not agree with the devil in the details). Or maybe even another option. Right now there is only one option, and I cant read any of  what I am saying Agree to.

There is nothing really unusual about my current setup (or at least not from the IP and machine I am using just now to post this particular response, which is the same as when I was on Bethesda forum to take the screenshot in the OP).

My browser is giving away an average setup, fonts in use / OS etcetera with what is actually a little bit more uniquely identifiable than most (and therefore worse from a privacy standpoint), and I have custom DNS server setup to bypass my ISP route ..

.. But it is broadcasting en-US as the language preferred, and the user agent is pretty much standard for the Chrome browsers. So why it would be selecting this eastern language for me is a bit of a mystery. I am allowing Java script for Bethesda forums, so even obfuscated.js would work on there whereas anywhere else I am more cautious and only unblock such capabilities when I am happy I can trust the site (which obviously I have previously done for Bethesdas new forum).

So I can only conclude, given Bethesdas forum quirks history (and the fact that I do not experience such problems on any other sites where I chillax a bit on trusting the sites), that this problem is not unique to my setup or browser - But unique to Bethesda forums software having yet another strange quirk.

I bring it up here in case anyone else experiences the same and wish to solve it, then it needs to be brought up in a topic or communication visible to Bethesda .. Which I cannot do until I accept a heap of clauses I cannot read, so I am not willing to click the button and make any kind of post over there for anyone elses benefit, because I do not know what I am agreeing to to enable all that to happen. Is this what is referred to as a Mexican standoff ?

1 hour ago, Arthmoor said:

That's gotta be something it served up for you, because when it did for me, it was in English and it's a bog standard privacy agreement you'd find on pretty much any website.

When I did it the other day it was in English.

I got it in English too :shrug:. Have you tried clearing your cache or checking it in another browser?