Wrong weapon damage amounts displayed on game load

danieljg

When I load a save game, damage numbers are reported incorrectly. Weapons will show that they will give a plus to my damage number, even though they are weaker. Even hovering over the weapon I currently have equipped shows that it would add a certain amount more damage, which doesn't make sense. Once I un-equip or change weapon, the problem is corrected until the next load.

Tested this with no mods (my first thought was that it was simply a bug with SkyUI) and a clean save, and the problem seems to kick in once weapon damage is boosted enough either by a high skill level or the tiered perks that add +% to damage. After either of these, saving then loading will start showing incorrect numbers.

My main concern was that actual damage was being affected after a game load, and while it might not exactly be related to the above bug, it does seem to be. Tested this on a Falmer with 180 HP and a dagger that does 43 damage. Hitting him straight after the game loaded put him at 140 HP, while hitting him after changing weapons put him at 137. I say it might not exactly be related because oddly, it's not actually re-equipping the weapon that corrects the damage, it's opening any menu (inventory, favourites, radial menu, esc screen, even the console) that fixes it.

What is kicking in when a menu is opened that isn't when a game is loaded? And why are damage numbers being reported wrongly like this?

On 2018-03-15 at 9:00 PM, danieljg said:

When I load a save game

Did you loaded a gamesave in-game or did you loaded after you launched SSE?

If you didn't loaded a gamesave after you launched SSE then it's likely this is what is causing your issue.  Of course I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Did you loaded a gamesave in-game or did you loaded after you launched SSE?

If you didn't loaded a gamesave after you launched SSE then it's likely this is what is causing your issue.  Of course I could be wrong.

Issue is still thereon the first load after opening the game.

Did you use mods when that happen?

If not then have you tried to reproduce it without using any mod, even USSEP.

15 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Did you use mods when that happen?

If not then have you tried to reproduce it without using any mod, even USSEP.

Yeah like I said in my posted I tested it on a brand new save with no mods active.