Enchanting - The Mage Stone and Well Rested

Leonardo

I read this  about Enchanting on UESP and I thought why not try that in-game which I did.  But it does not work.

Using The Mage Stone and a sleeping bonus (such as Well Rested) will increase the experience you gain per enchantment.

Does anyone know why that doesn't work in-game or do I miss something here?

Also, I doubt using mods could affect that at all, unless one are using mods that alters the Enchanting skill.  Which I don't use, except for Campfire that adds the Enchanting Supplies item.

The Mage Stone entry there says nothing about this so I'd imagine it's simply not true and they have bad info on the other page.

You know, I am inclined to believe you. 

Except for these notes.

Using the Aetherial CrownDG makes it possible to maximize the benefits of The Guardian Stones by using it with The Lover Stone.

The Aetherial Crown(DG) makes it possible to obtain both resting bonuses and the benefits of The Lover Stone.

And what does the Aetherial Crown have to do with the Well Rested bonus?

The Aetherial Crown is a specialty item specifically added for exactly the purpose it describes.

From what I understand the Aetherial Crown retain the effect of the latest Stone after activating a new Stone, because in vanilla changing Stone will replace the current effect with the new one.

So when having the Aetherial Crown equipped the effects from the current Stone and the effect of the new Stone will be present.

The Well Rested bonus will grant the player to learn magic skills, in this case the enchanting skill, faster for a period of time, so having The Mage Stone and the Well Rested effect active the enchanting skill will be better than in plain vanilla, if I understood it correctly.

Just in case:

• To keep the resting bonuses while using The Lover Stone, unequip the Aetherial Crown (containing The Lover Stone) before sleeping and re-equip it after obtaining the resting bonus. This can be combined with one of The Guardian Stones for maximum benefits, provided that one doesn't have Lycanthropy.

Using The Mage Stone and a sleeping bonus (such as Well Rested) will increase the experience you gain per enchantment.

Fairly sure they mean The Lover Stone, not the Mage Stone.