I'm worried about Morrowind being neglacted by Bethesda

Leonardo

Just a few minutes ago I was trying to help a Morrowind player on Nexus and it seemed the member had the retail version, so I thought why not add a link to the official patches.

However, after I searched a little I was surprised to see that Bethesda doesn't seem to care about Morrowind anymore, which I think is a disgrace after all Morrowind was the game that saved Bethesda from a disaster IIRC.

Now, I dunno what to think about Bethesda and after they closed down the old forum then they moved everything over to Bethesda.net with a forum software that nobody like at least not me, so things have started to go straight downhill lately and that worries me a lot.

I also searched for the official patches on MMH and only found 4-5 entries of the Bloodmoon, but I didn't find the official Tribunal patch and I'm gonna to upload it to MMH later after I got a few hours of sleep (I'm too tired now and yet I cannot sleep).

So my question is;  Do you think Bethesda have forgotten Morrowind completely or am I missing something here? :(

No, I would assume that their current official support for Morrowind is limited to what's available on either GoG or Steam. Both of which will make sure the proper latest version of the game is installed from the beginning. GoG is probably the better choice since it also comes with the CS as well.

Last time I tried finding anything for either Morrowind or Oblivion downloads on their site I couldn't find either one of them. Which means original retail owners are kind of up a creek if they haven't kept copies of the patches on had.

Both games show up on sales regularly enough though that one can get replacements for dirt cheap. Again, I'd go with the GoG side of things since those include the CS and both come with all of the DLCs there too.

Took some digging, but it turns out they are in fact still offering all of the official patches: http://patches.bethsoft.com/

Personally I always forget which ones should be getting used for MW so I'm pretty happy to have that handled with the GoG installer now.

• Haha 1

You may notice those are only GAME patches and not CS/GECK patches. There should also be one for the Fallout 3 GECK there too but it's missing.

I don't know if the Steam distributions of any of these games comes with the CS but the ones they have on GoG do so that may be the only official means of getting those editors. I have not been able to find any sign of anything other than those patches.

Steam version for Morrowind, not sure about Oblivion, does not come with CS, because if CS would be available for Morrowind on Steam then it would be illegal due to EULA, hence these CS patches on Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/29388

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42196 (the latest upload)

As for Oblivion we both know that CS must be downloaded as CS aren't included in the retail version and I think that also applies for Oblivion on Steam.

How would it be illegal for them to provide their own CS on Steam? That makes absolutely no sense.

In any case, that just clearly demonstrates that GoG is the superior platform to acquire TES games from since you get the CS for all of them as part of the download.

I think that's the policy Bethesda had back then and this thread of useful links has a link to the CS patch I posted in my previous post.  I think you can find a thread/post somewhere in the Morrowind Mods forum, probably in the depth of the forum.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22320/The_Elder_Scrolls_III_Morrowind_Game_of_the_Year_Edition/