USSEP on Xbox One - Missing in action quest

SkyrimMouse

Having the Xbox One edition of both game and the patch (Game is 1.5.25.0.8 and patch is 19), I still cannot complete the missing in action quest. I have chosen the option to do it peacefully. Then I head to the embassy and talk to the guard and ask for the prisoner to be released. After indicating it cannot be done without an Imperial Missive I head over to General Tulius and when I asked him to free a prisoner from Northwatch Keep he basically says that it isn't possible. As far as I can tell I haven't aligned with any side yet, except for joining the companions and I do believe I may or may not have ran in to the question - Battleborn or Grey-Mane and answered it Grey-Mane. I have tried different permutations for getting the evidence up-to and including picking a pocket to get a letter from Olfia (sp?) and then presenting it to Jon and he gets me the evidence. I even ran in to the blasted "trespassing bug." I have no other mods installed. Going to attempt again.

During Missing in Action (MS09) the Gray-Mane house is never set temporarily to public access which results in the player being accused of trespassing. (Bug #19387)

Missing in Action (MS09) could end up with the doors to House Gray-Mane becoming locked if the player waits too long to meet with Fralia. This would in turn cause them to flag the player as trespassing. Avulstein's sandbox package inside the home did not have conditions set to stop it once the quest had been officially started. (Bug #17127, Bug #17144) [NR]

Not sure which "trespassing bug" you're referring to for certain. The second of the two above wasn't retroactive so if you didn't start your current game with the patch installed and activated that could be the problem.

"Missing in Action" can now be completed using the non-violent method Bethesda had partially implemented. (Bug #245)

It's definitely fixed. You may not be doing it correctly though. See this bug ticket for more information. Assuming I'm remembering correctly, you have to be a high rank in the Imperial Legion in order to be able to complete the quest peacefully.