[Relz] Vortex - Mod Manager

alt3rn1ty

MO is 32-bit and was completed around 2 years ago. Tannin developed the 64-bit MO2 for Fallout 4, but left the project unfinished to work on Vortex before MO2 was usable for Skyrim. MO2 for Skyrim is still in development. Regardless of MO2's future progress, I do not trust it and will only use it to install fomods, in order to create a simple mod installer for Wrye Bash. Both versions of MO are great for that purpose.

I read the thread linked by Arthmoor, as well as the latest MO2 announcement on Nexus Mods. Tannin's rationale seems to be that users misused a certain function in MO, so he removed their ability to use it at all in MO2. I recall a comment he made years ago that reducing user control can be good. From his perspective as the one handling user error bug reports, that may be the right decision. He has pointed to Vortex Mod Manager extensibility as the solution for people wanting different functions. However, Vortex may not initially be an all-in-one solution for every type of user.

Edited by jeonf
For update the information