Often reported issue: Invulnerable BoS NPC - I have a save...

Lonewanderer

Hello,

I just went to Greentop Nursery, to build something, and I heard permanent fire from there. When I went investigating, it was at Listening Post Bravo, a location I had not yet visited.

There is a Brotherhood Initiate standing before the entrance, constantly under fire by the turrets and the Protectron inside, not reacting in any way and obviously completely invulnerable. I think, this may be an effect from the Vertibird patrols, but it has nothing to do with any quest (I never did BoS quests with Initiates or Scribes in this game). I can talk to him, but he will only spout standard BoS comments.

I destroyed the turrets and the Protectron, to no effect except the firing ceases. I think, this is a bug with the Vertibird encounters, and one Vertibird patrol less, since it obviously is not cleaned up.

I have two saves, one while hearing the shot from Greentop, the second after destroying the turrets and the Protectron with the Initiate standing there. I am uploading them here, so you can analyze them, if this helps, if not, please delete them.

I am playing on PC, only Mod is UFO4P, all DLC. Level 60+, solved Far Harbour and Automatron, rest is open. Have a lot of settlements. BoS is friendly, I did not yet go to the Glowing Sea to find Virgil.

All in all REs are working MUCH better than without UFO4P. This includes all Vertibird encounters - but I think Vertibird patrol or BoS patrols still have bugs, because the invulnerable NPCs are described quite often. I will watch what happens to this guy in the future. When I fast traveled in to Greentop, I did not see a Vertibird patrol, but they are often in this area. Somehow there seem to be patrols modeled after the random quest 'Leading by Example', with Initiates, and maybe the cleanup does not work. There are also reports of other invulnerable NPCs left in the world, they are believed to be Vertibird pilots.

I hope this helps - I will also make an entry into the tracker.

Bugsaves.rar