NAM0/NAM9 Subrecords Overridden?

RavenMind

I've been reading through the list of records that merge at runtime, and came across this post, with Arthmoor's warning that NAM0/NAM9 subrecords do not adhere to the Rule of One. I've recently come across a mod that, for no apparent reason, alters the NAM9 subrecord in the ICArcaneUniversity worldspace. The NAM9 was only changed by 1, according to xEdit, which I gather needs to be multiplied by 4096. I didn't notice any difference in-game with, or without the plugin loaded. My question is, does anyone know if in Oblivion, the NAM0/NAM9 subrecords also don't adhere to the Rule of One? I had other plugins loaded after it which changed NAM9 back to the original, so I wasn't worried about it until I read the above linked post. Perhaps it's better to change it back in the offending ESP, rather than reverting the change in a patch?

Thanks for any advice!

We don't know if that record disobeys Rule of One in Oblivion or not. Mods changing those records are rare so there's basically no source material to go by and nobody had any reason to suspect a problem with it back in the day.

That document on merged records should only be assumed valid for Skyrim (LE or SSE) and nothing else.

Thanks Arthmoor. Maybe I'll play with it a little. Repro what happened to you in LE and see if it applies to OB too. I've only ever come across the one mod that modifies those records, so maybe it's a mistake by the author when making that particular mod - it was pretty sloppy. Might be good info to have documented, even though OB modding isn't as popular any more.