Fixes Recommended in Addition to the USSEP

Arthmoor

Fixes Recommended in Addition to the USSEP

Achievements Mods Enabler - Not a bug fix per se, but since there are plenty of people who love their achievements, this exists to make sure they can still get them while playing with mods installed.

SkyUI - A PC-centric reworking of the major components of the game interface. Yes, we do in fact consider this to be within the realm of bug fixing because the vanilla PC interface is simply not designed with actual PCs in mind. For obvious reasons, it's not something that would ever become part of the USSEP. Since SkyUI is pretty much ubiquitous, the USSEP defers all UI related fixes to them, and there are plenty of legit fixes included in SkyUI.

Flora Respawn Fix - This is a clever workaround for the bug introduced in Patch 1.3 where most flora objects in the game won't respawn no matter how long you wait for them. Requires unsupported TREE record edits and so is not suitable for inclusion in the USSEP.

Bring Out Your Dead - Extends the vanilla graveyard support to all vanilla NPCs who should have had one. Was originally planned to become part of UKSP 1.1 but had been overruled due to the requirement to place extra grave containers for those NPCs who didn't have one yet.

Better Dialogue Controls - Fixes a minor but annoying bug with being able to select the proper dialogue options with the keyboard and/or mouse. Alters the UI, which is one area we do not cover to avoid conflicts that would not be easy to resolve. Complements SkyUI as this is not an included feature there.

Better MessageBox Controls - Fixes another minor but also equally annoying bug with clicking on text in a message box. Also not suitable due to editing UI files. Complements SkyUI as this is not an included feature there.

Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patch - Fixes a number of bugs relating to Creation Club DLCs and conflicts with USSEP due to the nature of how these things load. Garthand has links to individual patches there for those who do not own all of these DLCs.

Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes - Addresses several issues with both landscape and water problems in the game. Since USSEP does not deal in LAND record edits and doesn't generally deal with water issues either this makes a good complement to things.

There's another nice one released recently, not really a fix, but if the Creation Club daily message / advertisement or whatever you wish to call it annoys the heck out of you :

No More Creation Club News

Its just a replacement .swf file similar to "Better Dialogue Controls" and "Better Message Box Controls", so easy to implement and no bad side effects, nor any conflicts I dont think ( the file installed is Data \ Interface \ startmenu.swf )

@alt3rn1ty : this mod just brings back the main menu from the previous official update (md5 are the same) which means no access to CC at all. Check my mod ' no more creation club news' that still allows CC access and only removes the spam box.

Either way, mods of this nature are not something we're going to add to the OP list since they aren't bugs and IMO are driven more out of anti-CC hate than being useful. Especially since they have a non-zero chance of disrupting the game's main menu.

I personally thought of it as just an annoying addition to the games menus, rather than any cc hate - I do not have anything against the CC idea as a whole, just some of the implementation is annoying and in your face in a game we bought which did not originally have such mechanisms. Its like turning the game into a virus, to implant whatever bethesda wants, and not what we bought into.

An anti-thesis to the reason given for the listed Achievements mods enabler which is similarly not a bug fix but included because people love their achievements, like I love a game menu to be purely about the game and not introducing an attractor for potential customers within the game itself.

You are rather defensive with me recently and I do not understand why, the word petty being used recently in regards to the mention of Bethesda dumping a bunch of files on my hard drive which was not necessary for the game to run, I think you are being too defensive of bethesda so as not to ruin any possible chances you may get in terms of opportunities, hmm?, does that warrant attacking peoples personal opinions of what is right for a company to do with our own property?.

38 minutes ago, Nico coiN said:

@alt3rn1ty : this mod just brings back the main menu from the previous official update (md5 are the same) which means no access to CC at all. Check my mod ' no more creation club news' that still allows CC access and only removes the spam box.

Thank you nico, will look it up, that does sound like a better way of doing it (I do not have any way of investigating what resides inside .swf files, so really have no clue about the scope of what they do)

Edit : Found it https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12679/?

Changed the link in the previous post to point at that one instead

If you're just going to turn this thread into a series of unwarranted personal attacks I'll just forget it and delete the whole thing instead.

5 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

If you're just going to turn this thread into a series of unwarranted personal attacks I'll just forget it and delete the whole thing instead.

Please don't do that.

6 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

I personally thought of it as just an annoying addition to the games menus, rather than any cc hate - I do not have anything against the CC idea as a whole, just some of the implementation is annoying and in your face in a game we bought which did not originally have such mechanisms. Its like turning the game into a virus, to implant whatever bethesda wants, and not what we bought into.

An anti-thesis to the reason given for the listed Achievements mods enabler which is similarly not a bug fix but included because people love their achievements, like I love a game menu to be purely about the game and not introducing an attractor for potential customers within the game itself.

You are rather defensive with me recently and I do not understand why, the word petty being used recently in regards to the mention of Bethesda dumping a bunch of files on my hard drive which was not necessary for the game to run, I think you are being too defensive of bethesda so as not to ruin any possible chances you may get in terms of opportunities, hmm?, does that warrant attacking peoples personal opinions of what is right for a company to do with our own property?.

The implementation of anything major new after years of nothing has to be done well. Modders, fans and followers and the like all have sensitivities, and any bumbles won't go down well at all.

Please play nice, this thread is for fixes - What you suggest sounds good- and worthy of another thread especially if it is an annoyance,- but doesn't belong here really. Take care.

Indeed, and I acknowledge the achievement thing is a stretch, but it fits the definition of a fix to some degree and does no damage to things in return. The menu disabling thing is not a fix for any sort of problem though and wasn't even created in the spirit of the community in general. It was created as a divisive instrument of hate, in much the same way troll mods against the system in 2015 were made.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm frequently frustrated how unsorted some things are in containers. Items such as ingots and ingredients get sorted alphabetically. I wish it could be the same for weapons and apparel.

• 3 months later...
On 2017-10-06 at 12:39 AM, Arthmoor said:

Either way, mods of this nature are not something we're going to add to the OP list since they aren't bugs and IMO are driven more out of anti-CC hate than being useful. Especially since they have a non-zero chance of disrupting the game's main menu.

I have to agree with this.  Sure, I too find the Creation News text at the top to the right in the in-game menu somewhat irritating, but without it who would know when there is a free CC mod to grab which happen to me the other day. :)

Dwarven Armored Mudgrab

I dunno whether this mod, I consider that mod not to be a bug fixing mod instead it's a mod based on personal opinion, is recommended to use in addition to USSEP or not.

No, I wouldn't post that one on the list either since it mentions some things I'm pretty sure we already fixed, and "fixes" other things that aren't actually bugs.

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

No, I wouldn't post that one on the list either since it mentions some things I'm pretty sure we already fixed, and "fixes" other things that aren't actually bugs.

That's what I thought too, hence for asking here.

• 3 months later...

How about some engine fixes in the form of a new SKSE64 plugin .dll ?

Aers has a new plugin called SSE Engine Fixes, I think this one could be one to watch ..

Aers I know has been involved in helping throttlekitty (tktk1) with Ultimate Combat SSE which has been launched on Nexus, which is looking like quite a polished mod already (previously on Skyrim LE, its now at v3.3 with its initial conversion to Skyrim SE), which obviously required a good level of technical know-how to achieve, and has a couple of SKSE plugin .dll amongst its files to get the mod to do what it does. So probably a new name to some, but Aers seems to be quite an accomplished community member. (Prior to UC3 which gave me a poke due to me tracking tktk1, I had not heard the name before)

Anyway have a read of the ReadMe on GitHub

@Sheson - You really ought to take a look at this and especially the to-do list on Github :)

large reference overwrite bug https://bethesda.net/community/topic/8825/editing-large-references-causes-lod-to-show-incorrectly-causing-texture-flicker

have done some initial research into this and RNAM records seem to merge fine, there's something happening later on in TESObjectCELL functions that is breaking the reference table. ideally need to create a test worldspace to make this easier to track down.

Edit : Ah, just seen the file already endorsed by yourself .. Now there's a good recommendation :)

Definitely got my eye on that one and plan to test it myself. It's the first time anyone saying they fixed stuff has gone into detail about what the problems are and how they fixed them.

Been using SSE Engine Fixes for 5-6 hours now, no issues so far. I usually have the odd CTD/freeze  every 5-10 hours of playing (probably due to my RAM being wonky not because of mods) but so far so good.

I did disable the waterflow thing though after reading your reports @alt3rn1ty, no use having it on since I always play with timescale 20 anyways, unless I misunderstood what it actually did.

Thats how I understand it too, no need to have it really if you are not messing with game timescale, but if you leave it at default there should be no issue either .. I'm just trying to help get to the bottom of what randomly happened in my case. I hope Aers can implement a debugging mode. Its early days yet though.

:facepalm: Its been a while since I used skse .. skse.ini is now in place waiting for the next ctd. Thanks for the reminder :)

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
EnableDiagnostics=1

[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1

Edit : Editing this because I dont wish to take up more of this topic just on the one fix ..

But after Drizzan asked a question about the update to v2 and the inclusion of .dlls, Aers responded with information which is not usually explained by anyone, and will probably get buried in the leapfrogging posts on Nexus 

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6640576-sse-engine-fixes/page-21#entry60137066

Skyrim SE still loads d3dx9_42 to do matrix math (instead of updating to use the same functions in the dx11 dlls) so its a free dll we can use to load without worrying about conflicts since enb is d3d11.dll, reshade is dxgi.dll, shadowmans loader is dinput8.dll, etc

tbb is just a library Intel made being used for concurrent data structures. i was using tbb in all my beta builds but it requires putting the DLL in skyrim directory so I used something else for v1. since the preloader's there now i'm using it as an excuse to also distribute tbb. 

Pre-Loader https://github.com/aers/skse64_plugin_preloader

Intel TBB https://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/

@Arthmoor Reference the Wolf Animation Sound Fixes - Today just to be sure I have my research done properly, I deleted all the vanilla BSAs (I wondered if I could have received the 1.5.39.08 update but maybe not received updated BSAs), and the exe of Skyrim SE plus DLCs - I wanted to go over the cleaning of the DLCs one more time from scratch, but also to ensure I have all the updated files in accordance with the Dev Notes for Skyrim SE 1.5.39.08 update.

Then using a vanilla game went back to test the wolves with and without the fix file.

I am absolutely convinced now that it is still needed.

But I have had no feedback from anyone as to whether it causes any sound conflict with CC Nix Hounds ..

So maybe this one now needs to go on the Fixes Recommended list ?

Wolf Animation Sound Fix - Has had its description and file notes updated to make people aware there may be a possible conflict with CC Nix Hounds, and to just un-install it if that is the case. I also updated the Permissions, in case you guys lost the file at some point the first line of the Permissions text now reads ..

Author notes

The Unofficial Patch Project Team do not even have to ask - If it is needed back in the USSEP please just grab and do it.

Just my 2 cents here : wolves do not howl anymore on my side with the latest USSEP, and using the fix restores them. I guess the Nix hound howls like a wolf with this fix ? (I don't own it and have no intention to purchase it).

However, strange and unexplainable things happen on my SSE install, even on a brand new game with these mods enabled from the very beginning :

• Open Cities Skyrim : Oblivion gates are disabled. The control book and the MCM are unable to activate them. 2 gate attendants cannot process their AI package to open the gates. Heimskr doesn't preach at all.
  • Provincial Courrier Service : the courrier seems to have no sandbox package and remains sticked in front of his house 24/24.

And disabling OCS solves the PCS issue... I already sent some savegames to Arthmoor a few months ago and everything processed fine on his side... :shrug: And these 'mirror' mods are working perfectly fine on Oldrim. Sorry for the off-topic, but I have no explanation other than the engine behaving differently on specific hardware / OS.

So does that mean that currently the flora do not respawn? And is color patch remover or mannequin stay put obsolete yet?

I still have the idle file we used in USSEP if it's needed but I'm not going to put it back without someone verifying if that file can be used alongside the Nix-Hound DLC. I need that information or it's going to remain out of the patch and I won't put it on the recommended list either if it ends up causing problems. We do not recommend fixes that break official content for any reason.

@Nico coiN I don't know what else to tell you on that OCS stuff because no such thing happens for me. Fresh game, old game, doesn't matter. The gates default to enabled. Both the book and the MCM work properly and OCS has no conflict of any sort with PCS. They don't share edits in the same space. PCS is vulnerable to OTHER mods that may edit his exterior area but moving it below them will resolve that.