Sharlikran

Leo, it looks like Beth have still maintained their policy with the Beth Launcher installation as to the non-inclusion of the CS in the Game folder. Unless they put it somewhere else, of course.

The version of the available CS (the only one it seems) is 1.6.1820 dated 2003, which exceeds the version numbers of the one in the (Oblivion) CS Wiki., 1.0 and 1.2. Is there any info on whether the Oblivion ones can actually be used for Morrowind?

@alt3rn1tyThanks I'll check those out

@Leonardo the link to Comprehensive Tutorial and Useful Link List is one source for that section. That post is full of broken links or dead domains that lead to just Spam sites. So I have use any links that are still active but NOT links to the wayback machine. I am not as paranoid of security as some and even I am scared of going to that site. As I mentioned that page so far, all the links are verified and usable and do not link to some sketchy web site. In fact I noticed a few links in another post I used as a source duplicated some things in that post and I had to reorganize things and remove some duplicate information.

About the only thing I have not done is scour those sites for which tutorials are really just worthless compared to others. That's not something I am prepared to do at the moment.

Lastly this isn't intended to replace the UESP Wiki or TAL or TES because I mostly want it to be about Wrye Bash. You are not saying that but just keep that in mind. However, preserving the Bethesda posts is also important to me. Things may get to the point where I feel I need to separate the Wrye Bash wiki into parts. There may come a time when it's less about Wrye Bash and more about modding. However, for now I'm just throwing things together and seeing what works and what doesn't. I am also coming up with ways to use the Bethesda posts in the text.

The biggest challenge I have so far is learning the Python library Beautiful Soup to get the information I need. So far I can narrow it down to the post itself but I can't seem to parse the post for text and links only. I's quite a challenge. The best I have been able to do is export the post in HTML that I can strip down to text and links and the regex the links. I hope to automate the process a bit more.

6 minutes ago, lmstearn said:

Leo, it looks like Beth have still maintained their policy with the Beth Launcher installation as to the non-inclusion of the CS in the Game folder. Unless they put it somewhere else, of course.

The version of the available CS (the only one it seems) is 1.6.1820 dated 2003, which exceeds the version numbers of the one in the (Oblivion) CS Wiki., 1.0 and 1.2. Is there any info on whether the Oblivion ones can actually be used for Morrowind?

I wouldn't need any information on that. The answer is no. Morrowind doesn't use FormIDs. So none of the creation kits would work because they all use FormIDs. I have the Creation Set for Morrowind so all I have to do is apply the patch. I will look into changing the link in the "Official" section that @Leonardo mentioned.

6 hours ago, lmstearn said:

What Sharlikran said about CS.  The CS for Morrowind and Oblivion are very different in comparison, even if the GUI may look familiar.

Morrowind - lacks scripting and animation (2002)

Oblivion - support scripting and animation (2006)